The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yeah didn't he want to be policemen so that he could protect Diana?
x

Old 03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Courtier

oh, I read that article where William told a reporter that he wanted to be a policeman or a fireman and Harry told him you can't you have to be KING >>>>lol

Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Yeah didn't he want to be policemen so that he could protect Diana?
x
I think it was mentioned in Andrew Morton's 1992 bio on William's mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
oh, I read that article where William told a reporter that he wanted to be a policeman or a fireman and Harry told him you can't you have to be KING >>>>lol
I remember the same quotes attributed to Harry around the time both boys were photographed in kiddy-size police uniforms on a police motorbike, maybe late 1980's.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess this could go here...since it's more about William then about Kate
Why was pilot Prince William allowed to slope off skiing, while the rest of his fellow students are hard at work? | Mail Online
Old 03-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Royal Highness

This is the sort of headlines that makes people discount Daily Mail. The article gave a perfectly reasonable answer to the implied question in the headline. They cound have just stated William got a week off to go skiing and leave it at that.

'All RAF personnel, regardless of length of service and rank, are entitled to 30 days' annual leave. Sometimes there is a natural gap in the students' training so it makes sense, if requested, for an individual to take advantage of this period to take annual leave.'
Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Here we go again! Wonder how he's going to come out of this one.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
This is the sort of headlines that makes people discount Daily Mail. The article gave a perfectly reasonable answer to the implied question in the headline. They cound have just stated William got a week off to go skiing and leave it at that.

'All RAF personnel, regardless of length of service and rank, are entitled to 30 days' annual leave. Sometimes there is a natural gap in the students' training so it makes sense, if requested, for an individual to take advantage of this period to take annual leave.'
I guess it's just more fun to get people all up in arms about "bad behavior" from royals -- and surely it sells more papers, unfortunately.

If I were William, and I had a logical break in my work time (probably the same reason we saw him conduct so many engagements recently) and days free to take off, I'd head out on a ski break too, before all the photographers expected me to be there. It looks like they've managed to elude the paparazzi and have some privacy. Good for them.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 03-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Here we go again! Wonder how he's going to come out of this one.
Nothing wrong with it, so there is nothing to come out of, he is entitled to the time off as is anyone else who happens to be off. They do have holiday entitlement, no overtime though!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

HIS late mother Diana Princess of Wales called him Willy Wombat but now Prince William's friends nickname him Ben,

Sunday Express | Day & Night :: Wills looks familiar
Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice little article
How Diana and Wills have helped a mother bring hope to grieving children | Mail Online
Old 03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Majesty

That was a very good article, ghost_night! I liked the pictures of William and Diana with Ms. Samuel. It's always interesting to read about the 'behind the scenes' stuff.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Indeed such a beautiful article. I love seeing Prince William and Harry carrying on what their mother did, including the people that she met.
I certainly cannot wait till William becomes king.
I was just wondering has William ever visited yorkshire? or did Diana for that matter?
x
Old 03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery Purepeople
Le Prince William a passé la soirée... chez Guy Ritchie !
Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wow, i don't think i've ever seen pictures of the press taking pictures of the princes.
It must be truley awful not to just be able to go out on a night.
x
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Prince William elects to fly economy as the recession bites - Telegraph
Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Another article.
Prince William flies economy so that in-laws-to-be can go first class on ski trip | Mail Online

Revised edition
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nomy-Kate.html
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Royal Highness

That's two very different headlines based on the same story: either Michael and Carol Middleton got their first class seats on their own, or curtesy of William. Either way, it must be his lucky day both papers decided to give him kudos for flying economy.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like how the Mail article says he gave up his seats for his in-laws to be. I didn't know he went to Meribel with them, i also didn't know it was a yearly thing either?
x

Tags
prince william