The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Am I right in thinking that the terrain in Scotland is somewhat rugged? I do know that flying a large (rescue) helicopter in mountainous country can be very demanding and dangerous when factoring in thermals etc. It takes skill, guts and nerve to keep it all together and not endanger the crew.
Without a substantial amount of further training, William would not 'normally' even be considered as a pilot or a Winchman on Air/Sea Rescue.

All I can tell you is that yes the rescues can be 'hairy', (not my expression ), but there are very few accidents involving RAF search and rescue. The ones a lot of them hate are the rescues at sea, they really can test skills to the limit.

To transfer to the RAF isn't a great problem, especially for an officer.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Prince william visit the royal marsden hospital but near happened in shooting where he visit there.. Thankully no hurt...

Police come under fire in London's fashionable King's Road close to Prince William's visit to hospital | the Daily Mail

Old 05-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Mediumphoto
HRH Prince William visiting the Royal Marsden Hospital in Kensington, 2008-05-06.
MediumPhoto
Old 05-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Courtier

William to join Navy patrols

The Press Association: William 'to join Navy drug patrols'
Old 05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Courtier

New pics... No, They did not wear uniforms...

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 05-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The whole City Salutes Sunset Pageant was memorable.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 05-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics
Abaca Press Americas Search Results
London Features International Ltd
City of London Hosts Sunset Pageant 'The City Salute' - Pictures - Zimbio
MediumPhoto
Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Royal Highness

from The Sun
Princes William and Harry | Tribute to hero troops | City Salute | The Sun |HomePage|News|Campaigns|Our Boys

and Hello
Joss adds sparkle to Princes' spectacular UK Forces event
Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William has been showing off his tennis skills after being challenged to a game of Wii during an official visit

The Royal Wii: Prince William Tries His Hand At Virtual Tennis |Sky News|UK News
Old 05-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William shows he's inherited Diana's common touch

William shows he's inherited his mother's common touch - by blowing a comedy raspberry for schoolchildren | the Daily Mail

Seriously Will please do something with the hair. Ok random question here slightly off topic but can hair loss reach a certain point and then stop or does it just continue running it's course?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Nobility

In most cases in just continues until men are left with a "fringe" effect surrounding a bald pate. Sad to say it looks as though William inherited the early hair loss gene in the family. I had a friend who was pretty much bald by the time he was 26 due to early male pattern hair loss. He learned to live with it, was quite blasé about it in fact, and he never lacked for female attention, so I'm sure William will cope very nicely (or invest in Rogane).

Cat
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it possible for it to stop from now or is it likely to continue? I mean that is if you have any knowledge about that type of thing I have seen men who's bald spot is like William's granted I dunno how long they've had the hair loss but like I said is it possible for it to stop now or no? Sorry I know I'm going off topic just wanted to know. lol I'll stop now.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William visits South Wales.

Prince William during a visit to the Valleys Kids Project at the Pen Dinas Flats, in Dinas in the Rhondda Valleys. The project works with disadvantaged children and families in the South Wales Valleys. Dinas, Wales - 08.05.08
BelgaPicture - Category details

Prince William takes part in a rescue exercise with the Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team om May 8, 2008
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Nobility

I love this shot. Everyone is standing around oblivious to the person they just "rescued".

Cat

I wonder at what point they remembered to release him from the straps?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

Prince William Addresses Helicopter Controversy - Prince William : People.com
Old 05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
"I'm working on my license. I'm trying to do as much flying as I can.
If it was all about gaining his pilots license, I suggest he uses a commercial training company and pays for it himself! So yes it was misuse of taxpayer and MOD money!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Could William have mispoken (ie meaning some further military flying quaification) If thatwas really what he met to say than it was totally wrong doing those flights whether he had pemission or not.
He looked good at Blackburn with the kids.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
If it was all about gaining his pilots license, I suggest he uses a commercial training company and pays for it himself! So yes it was misuse of taxpayer and MOD money!
The British public should just accept the fact that Prince William is using to taxpayer and MOD funds to indulge himself. Nothing else can be done. Prince Charles seems to approve of his son's endeavours to learn how to fly.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post

But isn't that what every other military person who trains to fly helicopters does...gets in hours by using tax money? Why should William get singled out.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I can see, the problem is that William got in his flight hours by taking off and landing in his girlfriend's lawn, flying himself and his brother to a stag party, and flying around his family's properties--which is probably what every trainee would like to be able to do during training but perhaps doesn't get the chance to do. To me, the problem isn't that William took these jaunts, but that neither he nor his advisors seemed to understand how bad this would LOOK to the tax-paying public. William came across as looking like a spoiled rich kid, and so now his public appearances are suspected as being PR shams to make up some goodwill among his future subjects. That's not my opinion, but that's what I'm picking up on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
But isn't that what every other military person who trains to fly helicopters does...gets in hours by using tax money? Why should William get singled out.

Tags
prince william