The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

I've taken out some posts. We aren't a celebrity gossip site so can we ditch the Paris Hilton links please.

thanks
Warren
British Forum moderator

Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Royal Highness

Prince William trains special forces in Caribbean.

Prince William trains with the special forces in the Caribbean | Mail Online

Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Prince William joins special forces for Caribbean training - Telegraph
Old 11-21-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post

PS: The peeing pics were taken during the bike track in Africa - not at a polo match.
Now that makes much more sense. I bet William (understandably) did not expect anyone to actually publish a pic of him doing that. Most people would assume no one wants to see that. That's just one of those things people don't want to see others doing, no matter who the others are. It's private, nasty, and we have to do it ourselves, but we do not want to see others doing it, because that's just disgusting. Even William probably expected that to be one thing he could do that others would not wish to see or talk about. It's sad that he was wrong. It says a lot about people's sense (or rather lack of sense) of boundaries. Very bad taste.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

it could have been much worse, William could have aimed at the pavillon of a foreign country instead of a simple fence.

honstely, i wonder whether the iq of our future king is acutally above zero.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Haha! William's incident reminded me of the other one with his distant cousin. Great minds think alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
it could have been much worse, William could have aimed at the pavillon of a foreign country instead of a simple fence.

honstely, i wonder whether the iq of our future king is acutally above zero.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, now I think I've seen it all - a fight to the death over a photo of William urinating.

I've removed the fight and various other extraneous comments. This might be a good time to move on.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Blast! I really must get up earlier. Once again all the good stuff has occurred while I've been asleep, and been removed before I've seen it.

I'm wondering about this search and rescue work that William is training for. Can't that be rather dangerous work, rescuing people who have gone overboard in high seas? I think there's a lot of bad-weather flying involved. Is it supposed to be a serious job for him while he's doing it, like Prince Andrew's stint, or just something to keep him occupied and away from ribbon-cutting for another seven years? I can't help thinking that he will be protected from anything remotely dangerous.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Roslyn you didn´t miss much, it was all about Prince William in the desert and it seems he couldn´t "waity".
Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
If he couldn't work that out for himself, we are all in great trouble.

Well, you are all in great trouble. The more I see of William, the more inclined I am to vote for a republic.
Devout monarchist though I am I do not want this character as my head of state..... HARRY FOR KING HARRY FOR KING.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It's not even as if what he did was all that bad, I doubt there was a bathroom near to where he was that's why, I don't think that has anything to do as whether he'll be a good king...
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
It's not even as if what he did was all that bad, I doubt there was a bathroom near to where he was that's why, I don't think that has anything to do as whether he'll be a good king...
It's not this incident that has me questioning Wiliam's suitability to be king.

IMO the person with the problem is the one who took the photo. That was rather poor form, I think.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:29 PM

Some people in the 40s/50s thought William's grandmother was too young, innocent, and sheltered, and lacking a "superior" education to be Monarch, but the decades have proved that she has performed to the best of her ability, and now she is one of the most admired monarchs of the last century.
Her Majesty has shown that we cannot base someone's worth or value as a monarch (indeed, as a person) on abilities alone. I quote JK Rowling, who put the words in Dumbledore's mouth: "It's not our abilities that shows us who we truly are. It's our choices."
Intelligence is, after all, just an ability. There is no way that William lacks intelligence, as some here insist. But whether or not he lacks it, what is that to anyone except himself? Only he can do something about cultivating and stimulating his mind, if necessary.
And as for the idea that it was a "stupid choice" to pee outdoors, well, that's just ridiculous for us to say. We all do "stupid" things everyday! And his going to pee outdoors during an African bike tour was a matter of necessity!!!! What if someone looked at every "stupid" thing you do in your life and said you are unintelligent and you have an IQ of zero because of it?
That's not very fair, is it?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

William is also not the first royal to be caught in such a situation either. A British paper posted a picture of Prince Philip's "royal wee" just a few weeks back, Prince Frederik was caught peeing from a ship, Prince Ernst-August even used an exhibition pavillion as royal lavatory and neither of those men were in the African wilderness either. Prince Charles was pictured naked while dressing in front of a window and I think Prince Andrew was pictured skinny dipping.
The sad thing in all of those is not that the person was too "stupid" not to do what they did, noone is "on guard" 24/7. Everyone has the right to expect some privacy. The sad thing is that some photographer thought is appropriate to take a picture and a paper to sell it. I admit I've peed in the woods as well and I dare assume so have many people. What are you supposed to do when there's no bathroom around? I don't think that makes you "stupid" or unintelligent! If someone had dared take a picture and published it in a national paper I would have sued that person big time!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

I think given the heartthrob status of him and his brother, these pictures were the ones JUST waiting to be seen. I can tell you right now, the, um types of people, would want to get a glimpse of the crown jewels for their own perverse pleasure.

Millions of men around the world do the same thing...of course they do not have a press pack following them either.....just waiting for the money shot.

This too shall pass...LMAO...

To my friends in the U.S., have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving...God bless to you and your families.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:18 PM

Maybe in the discussion over the royal pee this was overlooked. I am sorry if it was me who overlooked it in a previous post. I didn't see it so here it is.
Quote:
by Jon Swaine
21 Nov 2008
It is thought the Prince, 26, will work with the Special Boat Service (SBS), which is aiming to combat drug trafficking and piracy in the region.
The Prince is said to have flown to Barbados on Sunday in preparation for 10 days' activity with the SBS. While details of his mission are being kept secret, SBS forces train in carrying out late-night raids on suspect vessels.

Read more:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-training.html
Old 11-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

They're sending the eldest son of the heir to the throne to a region with drug traffickers and pirates, but they balked at sending his younger brother to Iraq? There's something a bit bizarre there.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
They're sending the eldest son of the heir to the throne to a region with drug traffickers and pirates, but they balked at sending his younger brother to Iraq? There's something a bit bizarre there.
It sure doesn't make sens to me. Especially, with everything that has been going on lately.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think there are any pirates in Barbados. Chasing drug boats is a lot different from being in a soldier in a war in Afghanistan.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I heard (just heard) that they had Harry surrounded by ghurkas so no harm would come to him......so I suppose they will have the whole navy surrounding his ship so the pirates and dealers will be out of business for all the time he is there, they will probably send a petition to Mr Brown to have him sent home.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william