The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

What about the wimps of supervisors who didn't tell him off? He wasn't on that helicopter alone. So he planned the route, they okayed it and then he flew somewhere, got off and they just flew back without asking any question? What did they think he was doing where he was left off? Secret military exercises? Certainly not!
Just like CH tried to put the blame on the RAF back in April they now have their revenge and try to shift the blame back on William alone as if noone else was involved in planning and carrying out these flights. They are all gutless cowards! William shouldn't even have come up with the idea to combine duty and pleasure (that's his fault) and the RAF supervisors should have had the guts to tell him no when they saw where he wanted to go and that he wanted to be dropped off there (at 2 occasions).
The flights over Sandringham and Highrove are not a problem, IMO because it doesn't matter where you fly around in a helicopter really. Where does it say pilots must not fly over their family homes?
About the Middleton thing, I am not sure. It depends whether what was reported in April was true namely that the RAF occasionally uses private fields etc as practise areas. If not - then it was an abuse of power (again not sanctioned by the supervisors present). If the RAF occasional does this, it was not a breach of any rules and not a private pleasure ride either since noone got off the helicopter. Or is there a rule forbidden pilots to be watched by family or friends when practising outside of military bases?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
What about the wimps of supervisors who didn't tell him off? He wasn't on that helicopter alone. So he planned the route, they okayed it and then he flew somewhere, got off and they just flew back without asking any question? What did they think he was doing where he was left off? Secret military exercises? Certainly not!
It would appear that they were led to believe that he had been granted special leave to use the copters. It must have been incredibly difficult to question a young man intent on using his social rank to outwit his comrades. Easy to do, Grp Capt P told me to write a flight plan for IOW on X day of the week, would it occur to anyone that he was not apparently telling the whole truth?

After the events, survival kicks in, did you check that he had been given permission, who did he say OK'd it, Oh bugger, lets hope nobody finds out because people will go about calling us wimps, even though unlike William WE might be in Iraq or Afghanistan next week!
Quote:
About the Middleton thing, I am not sure. It depends whether what was reported in April was true namely that the RAF occasionally uses private fields etc as practise areas.
It is not normal practise to use a friends field or anything of that sort. Whilst practise is encouraged in a variety of spots, they are normally known and regularly used places.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
It would appear that they were led to believe that he had been granted special leave to use the copters.
Is there a reliable source you can attribute this comment to?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is there a reliable source you can attribute this comment to?
I'm not sure what part of 'It would appear' you are unable to understand, but I will try to make it simple - Two possible scenarios -

1. William went up to the rest of the crew and said 'look old chaps', Ive got a wedding and a stag do to get too, so I thought I could involve you in a little deception and use the Chinook as a taxi service, leaving you to carry the can and be called wimps by members of THE Royal Forum. With a bit of luck you will be in Iraq or Afghanistan before the proverbial hits the fan.
or
2. The Group Captain told me to prepare flight plans for a couple of extra trips, one to London to pick Prince Harry up and then fly on to the Isle of Wight for a stag do

The further information, that refuted the original incorrect version that it was an ordinary scheduled exercise was released under the FOI act and was posted by various UK members on here and of course on egoat.

Perhaps you have a reliable source to whom you can attribute a denial of scenario 1?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy

Skydragon, I know this is apparently a touchy subject with you but I was talking about the supervisors who were on the helicopter with him - not the commanders who were not present in the actual situation. If a supervisor just drops some minor lieutenant off somewhere when this is apparently in breach of RAF rules (future King or not) and doesn't even ask any questions, he's a wimp apparently incapable to carry out his job. Nowhere did it say William outright lied and told someone he had permission when he didn't or that he made up some legitimate reason to go to the places he was taken to, the articles say he didn't tell anyone what he intended to do at the destination he flew to - and noone dared ask. What is a RAF supervisor who doesn't dare ask a lieutenant a simple question? To me he is a wimp! I am sorry but that the guys can die in Afghanistan any day doesn't change the fact that they didn't do their job properly in this case and acted cowardly (that doesn't change anything about William's mistake either or is meant to take responsibility away from him).
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Nobility

The fact of the matter is simple - if this was anybody else at all and the papers exposed this behaviour then tey would be discharged within seconds but then William is special isnt he. The militay wanted him and harry to be thier poster boys for joining up and thats backfired on them.
I truly feel william should be given some punishment - paying the money back or to a forces charity would be a good start.
The real issue here is not that he went on these trips - that was discussed to death when they occured but that William, our future king, allowed others to take the wrap for him - "William accepts his share of responsibility for what happened."" was what Clarence house said suggesting that Willaim was not wholly to blame when in fact he was the only one who knew all the facts at the time. it shows a lack of judgement and a huge degree of dishonesty on his part.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It sounds as though William, like many a naughty little boy caught out, is ready to let someone else get the blame. The problem is, he is not a naughtly little boy, he is supposed to be an adult, an officer and a gentleman as well as the future King.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
Skydragon, I know this is apparently a touchy subject with you but I was talking about the supervisors who were on the helicopter with him - not the commanders who were not present in the actual situation.
So was I, If a pilot walks over and tells the flight crew that X told him to file a flight plan, then very few of them would even think to question such an apparent order. It must have been very difficult, do you question whether William has permission and if he does, that is your career down the drain or trust that someone who is perhaps going to be a future King has fulfilled all the requirements and would never on his honour break your trust.
Quote:
If a supervisor just drops some minor lieutenant off somewhere when this is apparently in breach of RAF rules (future King or not) and doesn't even ask any questions, he's a wimp apparently incapable to carry out his job.
William was not at kindergarten where they may have supervisors, he is supposed to act with honour and not abuse his social position. These were work colleagues, some more senior than him, to call serving officers who may have returned from a war zone wimps, is best only coming from someone who has served alongside them or at least been to a war zone or served in the Royal Air Force.
Quote:
Nowhere did it say William outright lied and told someone he had permission when he didn't or that he made up some legitimate reason to go to the places he was taken to, the articles say he didn't tell anyone what he intended to do at the destination he flew to
Lying by deliberate ommision is still a lie and far from honourable
Quote:
and noone dared ask. What is a RAF supervisor who doesn't dare ask a lieutenant a simple question? To me he is a wimp! I am sorry but that the guys can die in Afghanistan any day doesn't change the fact that they didn't do their job properly in this case and acted cowardly (that doesn't change anything about William's mistake either or is meant to take responsibility away from him).
William was not a simple Flying Officer and HE should have known better. Lying by ommision is still lying. Calling someone a coward, is a very serious accusation in the forces and to use it to defend the indefensible actions of an officer, who has let the side down, is IMO a disgrace!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

More than a disgrace, unforgiveable.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
William was not at kindergarten where they may have supervisors, he is supposed to act with honour and not abuse his social position. These were work colleagues, some more senior than him, to call serving officers who may have returned from a war zone wimps, is best only coming from someone who has served alongside them or at least been to a war zone or served in the Royal Air Force.
Personally I still think they should have checked, ya he shouldn't have done what he did, I've said that a million times that it was wrong I admit he was wrong to do that but I still feel they should have looked into it, I don't know much about they're job but I feel that if I were in their position I would have checked up on everyone including William. As for lying, Isana has a point it doesn't say William went up to them and said oh I'm taking the plane for some practice runs, so he didn't lie in that sense. I'm not sure if I really understand this but was it William didn't tell them what he was doing with the chinook or did they just not check up on what he was doing with it or was it a little of both.I also want to add that no matter how much we sit here and rip William to shreds, what's done is done, now lets hope he learned his lesson and it won't happen again cause lets face it we obviously can't change anything now.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Heir Ambulance..

Prince William stops to help family in car crash horror | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

Oooops, pics of Prince William peeing have hit the internet, but I think they are being pulled down as soon as they are put up. I would post a link, but I don't know if it is appropriate (plus it probably won't take long for the pics to be pulled down anyway). Prince William is at a polo match I think in the pictures. Poor guy! Hopefully, not many people saw them.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

If it was at a polo match I'm guessing there would have been somewhere for him to pee.

Men seem to think they can get away with it and that no-one will know what they're doing, whereas in fact they adopt a very distinctive stance and it's quite obvious what they're up to.

Silly boy!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Majesty

Good Grief! I know we have all been slavering for a peek at the Royal Jewels, but really. . . . someone really should have told Wills it was "gems" we were going on about.

Is the man stupid? Perhaps he was feeling a little unwell or maybe he just killed one brain cell too many at Bijoux.

Watever the reason, he is certainly not acting like the sharpest knife in the drawer!

This is not a good look, and needless to say, the press are in a feeding frenzy . Wee Willy Winky from now on I think?

At least Harry had the sense to use a horsebox with his back to any prying camera's (which there were, of course), thus leaving the err . . umm . . . 'details' to one's imagination.

Personally, I believe to only good to have come out of this was the knowledge the fence was not an electic one.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

^yes indeed. I am fairly certain most posters here would have expected that kind of carelessness from Harry and not William. Just another illustration of how William supposed intelligence and maturity are overrated to me. He makes as much bad decisions as his brother (Chinook, anyone?) but somehow still is labelled the clever and responsible one.
However, the pictures are extremely intrusive and if it's published in the UK, I certaily hope he'll sue.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Aristocracy

I find the helicopter thing upsetting mainly because he let others take the rap for him. What if these people could have lost their jobs. I think that's worse than taking the helicopter to begin with.

It's funny people complained about Charles, but has Charles ever done anything that selfish, (letting others take the rap.)
Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania View Post
Oooops, pics of Prince William peeing have hit the internet, but I think they are being pulled down as soon as they are put up. I would post a link, but I don't know if it is appropriate (plus it probably won't take long for the pics to be pulled down anyway). Prince William is at a polo match I think in the pictures. Poor guy! Hopefully, not many people saw them.
I think we can do without it; thanks for checking first, though!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Well he did admit that he was wrong with the helicopter thing, I think he didn't say anything right away cause I think the MOD figured they may be able to get the topic to cool down without having to result in alot of explaining. As for peeing come on he's done worse, yep it's kinda disturbing but owell, I highly doubt he goes around thinking hmm why don't I pee here, I'm sure there was a reason why he went in that particular place, although I'm not sure what.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
From that article:
"Wills’ bodyguards barred him from getting out of his car to help because of strict anti-kidnap rules."

I wonder how his job with SAR will work then. Over here Bundeswehr-pilots on SAR-service are considered active helpers, they go out with their medical crew and help if help is needed. To bar the pilot from doing so means to weaken the whole team in an case of emergency - how will they handle that with William?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 AM
Aristocracy

Before hooking up with Paris in New York, he does some training with the SBS in the Carribean.

Wills in SBS quest | The Sun |News|Royals

PS: The peeing pics were taken during the bike track in Africa - not at a polo match.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william