Prince William Current Events 19: May 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William is also not the first royal to be caught in such a situation either. A British paper posted a picture of Prince Philip's "royal wee" just a few weeks back, Prince Frederik was caught peeing from a ship, Prince Ernst-August even used an exhibition pavillion as royal lavatory and neither of those men were in the African wilderness either. Prince Charles was pictured naked while dressing in front of a window and I think Prince Andrew was pictured skinny dipping.
The sad thing in all of those is not that the person was too "stupid" not to do what they did, noone is "on guard" 24/7. Everyone has the right to expect some privacy. The sad thing is that some photographer thought is appropriate to take a picture and a paper to sell it. I admit I've peed in the woods as well and I dare assume so have many people. What are you supposed to do when there's no bathroom around? I don't think that makes you "stupid" or unintelligent! :rolleyes: If someone had dared take a picture and published it in a national paper I would have sued that person big time! :angry:

I think given the heartthrob status of him and his brother, these pictures were the ones JUST waiting to be seen. I can tell you right now, the, um types of people, would want to get a glimpse of the crown jewels for their own perverse pleasure.

Millions of men around the world do the same thing...of course they do not have a press pack following them either.....just waiting for the money shot.

This too shall pass...LMAO...

To my friends in the U.S., have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving...God bless to you and your families.

Maybe in the discussion over the royal pee this was overlooked. I am sorry if it was me who overlooked it in a previous post. I didn't see it so here it is.
by Jon Swaine
21 Nov 2008
It is thought the Prince, 26, will work with the Special Boat Service (SBS), which is aiming to combat drug trafficking and piracy in the region.
The Prince is said to have flown to Barbados on Sunday in preparation for 10 days' activity with the SBS. While details of his mission are being kept secret, SBS forces train in carrying out late-night raids on suspect vessels.

Read more:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ns-special-forces-for-Caribbean-training.html

They're sending the eldest son of the heir to the throne to a region with drug traffickers and pirates, but they balked at sending his younger brother to Iraq? There's something a bit bizarre there.

They're sending the eldest son of the heir to the throne to a region with drug traffickers and pirates, but they balked at sending his younger brother to Iraq? There's something a bit bizarre there.

It sure doesn't make sens to me. Especially, with everything that has been going on lately.

I don't think there are any pirates in Barbados. Chasing drug boats is a lot different from being in a soldier in a war in Afghanistan.

I heard (just heard) that they had Harry surrounded by ghurkas so no harm would come to him......so I suppose they will have the whole navy surrounding his ship so the pirates and dealers will be out of business for all the time he is there, they will probably send a petition to Mr Brown to have him sent home.

I agree that the service in Barbados is not at all as dangerous as Afghanistan. It is dangerous, yes, but is "usual" work conducted in peace time, not war zone dangerous. The "drug wars" are known territory, maybe, with the mission very clear as to what they are searching for. But fighting elusive terrorists in Afghanistan is a whole different ball game. Besides, if it gets worrisome, William could be extracted, just like Harry and his team were extracted when their presence in Afghanistan was leaked.

I hope that Ms. Nicholl is "on the money" this time. It wouldn't be clever for princes to be seen enjoying themselves too much about now.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
William and Harry aren't actually moving out of their apartments in Clarence House and into St. James's Palace; just the "business" royal operations for the princes are moving to St. James. People like their private secretary and press officers will be moving there.

It's the official establishment of an official royal household for them separate from the Clarence House household of The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. They'll still be living at Clarence House.

:previous:
Calling Sir David Manning "Blair's Iraq War Advisor" is one way of putting it I suppose, but he was actually the British Ambassador to the United States.

"Blair's Iraq War Advisor" seems to be a way of putting a cheap spin on Sir David Manning's actual role, then.:ermm:

:previous:
Calling Sir David Manning "Blair's Iraq War Advisor" is one way of putting it I suppose, but he was actually the British Ambassador to the United States.

He was handpicked by the Queen for the role as Prince William and Prince Harry's on-call adviser. So, he's more than just "Blair's Iraq War Advisor".

Yes, exactly. The man was an ambassador!

Since they now have their own household does mean that decide to have their own website saperate form PoW's? So they can list royal engagements and other important events in their lives.

Highly doubtful. It would be a empty sight. :D

I would assume that as long as they're still princes of Wales and being funded by the Duchy of Cornwall, they'll stay with the same website as their father, even if their office has moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom