Prince William Current Events 21: January 2010-January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William visits Alder Hey Children's Hospital, where he officially
launched their new Intra-Operative 3-Tesla MRI scanner facility, on
February 22, 2010 in Liverpool, England.
The paediatric Intra-Operative scanner is the first of its kind in Europe
and one of only two such facilities world-wide.

On pic 5 you can see William taking part in an archery lesson, whilst
wearing a blindfold to simulate visual impairment, at St Dunstan's centre
in Llandudno, North Wales. St Dunstan's is a new centre open to support
blind and visually impaired ex-servicemen and women.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** zimbio gallery **

Very good to see William out and about and gradually increasing the numberof royal engagements he undertakes alongside his military duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Iceflower. A busy couple of days for William! In pic 5 - oh dear - shooting arrows blindfolded. Everyone stand clear! :lol:

The 100 British celebrities who really matter by Piers Morgan
(Prince William is #4)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...ebrities-really-matter-Piers-Morgan-10-1.html

He lists William's age incorrectly as 25. :rolleyes:
progress.gif

The 100 British celebrities who really matter by Piers Morgan (10 to 1) | Mail Online

Here's the actual article that lists him.

4. Prince William
William was 13 when I sat down for a quite extraordinary lunch with him and his mother. It was memorable for so many reasons, not least his undisguised dismay when Diana refused to let him drink any wine. 'But you always let me have wine!' he moaned. 'William,' she replied firmly, 'you do NOT drink alcohol.'

It was obvious from this exchange that he did, but that Diana would prefer a tabloid editor not to be aware of this fact. Over the two-hour encounter, the young prince was intelligent, funny, charming and wise beyond his years.

He was also ferociously protective of his mother, taking me to task - rightly - over the media's obsessive interest in her every movement. A few years later, he invited me to an 18th-birthday drinks party for a select few editors, and we exchanged some good-natured banter.

'Is that a six-pack, Piers?' he asked, poking my generously proportioned stomach. 'Or a keg?' William's credentials to be high on this list are obvious. He's very rich, the rising star of the Royal Family and will one day be our King. It's hard to beat that particular CV. Yet right now, he matters less than our top three...

Age 25 Born London

Education Eton College (private); St Andrews University Homes Clarence House, London; Highgrove, Gloucestershire

The anecdote about William and the wine is amusing. ;)

"'Is that a six-pack, Piers?' he asked, poking my generously proportioned stomach. 'Or a keg?"
haha -that was funny. :lol:

He doesn't seem very informed does he? Piers was on Celebrity Apprentice awhile back. He came across as a little arrogant to me.
Didn't he used to be a tabloid journalist, or is he still one?

He used to be the editor-in-cheif for Daily Mirror but resigned after some scandal was revealed. I think it had with Daily Mirror bugging celebrities phones or something like that.

I don't think it was Piers Morgan who wrote the info about the celebrities but still people do make mistakes

Piers was also the editor of News of the World and before that The Sun. So he's worked for the tabloids for a long time. He is currently on the Britains Got Talent show.

Piers was editor of
News of The World (1994)
Daily Mirror (1995-2004)
Morgan was fired from the Mirror on 14 May 2004 after authorising the newspaper's publication of photographs allegedly showing Iraqi prisoners being abused by British Army soldiers from the Queen's Lancashire Regiment

In 2005 he launched the Press Gazette which failed misreable.
Then in 2006 he launched First News, which was aimed at children.

He is very much a celebrity man.

Let's move on from Piers Morgan.

^^ Brave indeed. Although Piers gave William some really nice compliments in his write-up so I reckon it's all good. ;)
Over the two-hour encounter, the young prince was intelligent, funny, charming and wise beyond his years.

It was memorable for so many reasons, not least his undisguised dismay when Diana refused to let him drink any wine. 'But you always let me have wine!' he moaned. 'William,' she replied firmly, 'you do NOT drink alcohol.'
I personally think it was wrong that Diana allowed William to drink alcohol. He was only 13 years old. Don't you guys think this is a little disturbing?

I personally think it was wrong that Diana allowed William to drink alcohol. He was only 13 years old. Don't you guys think this is a little disturbing?
Actually, no, as long as there is an understanding about it. Wine is best used to complement your meal. Mr. Russo and I have found that when we let the kids drink at 17-18 in the house, superivsed, they did not go out and flip out over alcohol. Mind you, this doesn't work for every child.

I don't think a teenager being permitted to drink a small amount of wine at dinner with a guardian present is particularly disturbing. 13 is maybe a bit young, but it's not like she was pouring it down his throat with a funnel or anything.

Last edited:
I had wine with my dinner when I was 13. My parents weren't alcoholics or anything, and I have not developed a drinking problem as a result.

Just letting you know.

I think that 13 is a bit young as well.

I don't think a teenager being permitted to drink a small amount of wine at dinner with a guardian present is particularly disturbing. 13 is maybe a bit young, but it's not like she was pouring it down his throat with a funnel or anything.

I'm sure Diana was responsible about it, at least I hope so.

I just assumed Diana only let him have some occasionally and in moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom