Prince William Current Events 18: January-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting to me, that Harry and William are going to fight seperatly. Harry got back home, now they are sending William... Why were they not sent at the same time?

The MOD announcement just says "overseas." That gives them a very wide berth.

He is likely to be deployed on a tour to the Persian Gulf or Indian Ocean in support of British forces fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan.

The Pacific Ocean, the West Indies or the South Atlantic are also potential options.

That doesn't really sound nearly as dangerous. I also don't think they would need the same level of secrecy.

If William goes anywhere it will be interesting to see how it's handled because I get the feeling this media thing that failed this time will not work for so long next time. I can't see it going on for 10 weeks...
A lot harder to release stories and pictures from a ship! :ROFLMAO:

Its interesting to me, that Harry and William are going to fight seperatly. Harry got back home, now they are sending William... Why were they not sent at the same time?
Because, unlike the rest of the cannon fodder, they would not risk both, at the same time. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who wants look London Gazette 13 Feb 2007 with Cdt Officer Wales.
Gazette Website: PDF Navigator

Officer Cadet HRH Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales
from The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst to be
Subaltern (Second Lieutenant) 16 December 2006 with seniority
13 June 2003 to be Subaltern (Lieutenant) 16 December 2006 with
seniority 13 June 2005

Skydragon, what do the seniority dates mean? With the way this appears what would mean soonest time he could recueve his first promotion?

A lot harder to release stories and pictures from a ship! :ROFLMAO:

I guess, if they think they can do this. But I doubt whatever William is sent to do will be dangerous in anyway...I know the guy on Good Morning America got a lot of flack for saying so but they just can't risk William like they can with Harry.

Prince Daniel vincent

As a friend of Prince William in Brisbane here, I was wondering if William is heading to Australia in the near future perhaps for World Youth Day in Sydney in July? It would be great to see you here William as the Pope is holding the Youth Day on 12th July 2008 and there will be a Catholic Mass. Please come William and bring Harry along. The Australian people need you and your support.

Prince Daniel Vincent. Brisbane.:flowers:

For anyone who wants look London Gazette 13 Feb 2007 with Cdt Officer Wales.
Gazette Website: PDF Navigator

Officer Cadet HRH Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales
from The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst to be
Subaltern (Second Lieutenant) 16 December 2006 with seniority
13 June 2003 to be Subaltern (Lieutenant) 16 December 2006 with
seniority 13 June 2005

I found this interesting because you could see his seniority but I do not understand it means.

Skydragon, what do the seniority dates mean? With the way this appears what would mean soonest time he could recueve his first promotion?
Does it mean that his first promotion to Lieutenant 13 June 2009 or 13 June 2008?

Does anyone know how long he's been at RAF Shawbury and how long the Helicopter training was supposed take with his short pilots course? We know that passes out back at RAF Cranwell sometime next month. Maybe the passing out will be 8 or 15 April.

Has he gone back to training yet or is he still with Kate at Klosters? Wow I can't beleive how fast time has passed can't beleive his course will soon be over.

Lovely to see William return to his normal work.

Last edited:
It seems Charles is going to present William with his wings! :)

Navy for about a Year Starting this summer I Think

I read an article posted on another site that said that Prince William will continue with the RAF for another month after his graduation. The article said that he will train with some type of helicopter unit for a month after he receives his wings.

I think that's a good way for William to gain firsthand knowledge of what the regular pilots have to deal with in the RAF. It will make him a more knowledgeable Monarch, and definitely more sympathetic to the military! :lol:

There have been many complaints about William receiving pilot training at all. It may fulfill a lifelong ambition, but with the cuts to the armed services, I have to wonder why we are wasting taxpayers money on training a young man who, under normal circumstances would be turned down for pilot training and will never be able to repay the country for his tuition, by going to war. He has money of his own and should have had private lessons.

He can get to know the RAF from working 'on the ground', there are many more support personnel than there are pilots. Perhaps he should have spent time with them to learn how the RAF actually functions!

I expect his 6 months with the Navy will be another jolly time!

Would he be turned noormally due his eye sight if it is not perfect, for his age or due his height (being too tall)?
Just one or all of these reasons.
Will he deployed anywhere or sent on a Navy cruise while he is on the RN or just stay home again?

Would he be turned noormally due his eye sight if it is not perfect, for his age or due his height (being too tall)?
Just one or all of these reasons.
Will he deployed anywhere or sent on a Navy cruise while he is on the RN or just stay home again?
He is too tall and his sight does not meet the required standard, with or without corrective surgery. :flowers:

^ ^ ^ Wow I didn't know there was a hight limit for being a pilot! Can I ask what is the maximum hight - if its not too off topic :flowers:

^ ^ ^ Wow I didn't know there was a height limit for being a pilot! Can I ask what is the maximum height - if its not too off topic :flowers:
They weed out those over 6ft when it comes to selection, so although you are allowed to join, none of the pilots I know or have met are over the 6ft mark.

The RAF site does not specify a height restriction because they want people to join and then 'encourage' them into other trades.

BBC NEWS | Wales | South East Wales | Teenage pilot too tall for jets

William would be refused Pilot Training because of his height, his eyesight and his age, the upper age limit is 23. :flowers:

Thank you for your answer Skydragon :flowers:

I guess I understand a little more now why people are/were not to happy with William receiving training!

kate has been banned from his raf graduation,guess they don't want another middleton parade:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I read the article, and it didn't say that she was actually banned. The article stated that this was a decision mutually agreed upon by Prince William and Catherine.

Incidentally, I also read the other article concerning the striptease surprise. It said that William and Catherine attended a party being given for the charity named after Henry Van Straubenzee. The striptease was a part of the entertainment at charity party, it wasn't at a strip club.
I would assume that it wasn't a real striptease, since the person doing the stripping was a female impersonator, and a lot of the guests at the party were of an older age group than William and Catherine. Henry and Thomas Van Straubenzee's parents were there for starters, along with their friends.

Last edited:
I'm reading some other peoples comments on that website and it is amazing what people say! They say that William should never forgive or accept Camilla. I know she didn't do the best thing, but William shouldn't ignore her or not show any respect. I think William's doing good by inviting her. Although the boys may never forget, they should forgive.

I think it would be unhealthy for William and Harry to carry a grudge into their adults years and into the next generation. They have their own lives to lead now, and people can't expect them to snub and despise their stepmother just because it gratifies their own sense of "righteous" indignation ("See. Even Charles's sons hate Camilla so it's okay for me to hate her as well.").

I'm reading some other peoples comments on that website and it is amazing what people say! They say that William should never forgive or accept Camilla. I know she didn't do the best thing, but William shouldn't ignore her or not show any respect. I think William's doing good by inviting her. Although the boys may never forget, they should forgive.

I would imagine that, as with many children of broken marriages, they are able to understand the misery their parents caused one another. As they have aged, they would probably have realised that some parents work better with other partners. Camilla and Charles have been there for them since Diana died and many children do get on really well with a step parent. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom