The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William stepped in to help an Army friend, who was badly burned in a Taliban ambush in Afghanistan, to watch Spurs play Chelsea in the Carling Cup Final today.

Prince William gets Spurs tickets for comrade - Telegraph

Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Nobility

Does any think since Harry been deployed that once finishes his time with the RAF and what ever his training with the RN while still on attachment with the RN they could deploy somwhere. to be clear I am not saying to anywhere like Iraq or Afganistan

Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
Does any think since Harry been deployed that once finishes his time with the RAF and what ever his training with the RN while still on attachment with the RN they could deploy somwhere. to be clear I am not saying to anywhere like Iraq or Afganistan
With the further breakdown of trust in the foreign media? Let us hope if he is deployed everyone will manage to keep quiet!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Nobility

Does Prince WIlliam start his helicapoter training? Is it going to be March? Will their be pictures?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

It is reported that William volunteered for Christmas duty to make it easier for Harry to serve in Afghanistan over the holiday unnoticed. How nice that they have such a close relationship.

BBC NEWS | The Editors
Old 03-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Courtier

Now Prince William is off to fight... Is he go war??

Prince William | Heir to throne off to fight aboard Royal Navy warship | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Old 03-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
IF it had been going to happen, The Sun has put paid to that with this story.

From the artcile -
The Sun knows exact details of where and when Navy top brass are considering sending William.
But we have agreed to withhold key information to protect him and his sailor comrades -

Really, why put anything then, perhaps someone will kidnap and force the 'information' out of them!
Old 03-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
IF it had been going to happen, The Sun has put paid to that with this story.

From the artcile -
The Sun knows exact details of where and when Navy top brass are considering sending William.
But we have agreed to withhold key information to protect him and his sailor comrades -

Really, why put anything then, perhaps someone will kidnap and force the 'information' out of them!
It's just a reaction on the good prince = William, bad prince = Harry -story. Now that Harry = good prince, William has to be an even better prince...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
It's just a reaction on the good prince = William, bad prince = Harry -story. Now that Harry = good prince, William has to be an even better prince...
Or a media reaction to the leaking of the Harry story, a competition between newspapers to show both how much they know and how capable they are of keeping quiet. "Hey, this paper didn't just know about Harry for months without saying anything, we know information about William too, but we're being honourable and keeping our mouths shut!"

Sort of an attempt to break new information while still getting points for being responsible and discreet.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Courtier

I'm pretty sure William would never be sent anywhere like Harry was....especially not now after that little experiment failed. They are just too high profile and need to except that they aren't normal, although Harry got has close as possible in those 10 weeks.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Willam and Kate plan on holiday - Skiing..

It's going to be all white: Wills and Kate plan a romantic snowy getaway | the Daily Mail
Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
I've gotten to a point where I am so confused I don't even care really anymore. As for the "chums" they were the ones that said she was worried about their relationship in the first place.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE William is poised to follow his brother Harry and be deployed on the frontline, says the Ministry of Defence.

Officials have said that the second-in-line to the throne could be sent overseas later this year with the Royal Navy.

Prince William is next for frontline duty, says MoD - Scotland on Sunday

Forced by one of the worst tabloids to release a statement.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
PRINCE William is poised to follow his brother Harry and be deployed on the frontline, says the Ministry of Defence.

Officials have said that the second-in-line to the throne could be sent overseas later this year with the Royal Navy.

Prince William is next for frontline duty, says MoD - Scotland on Sunday

Forced by one of the worst tabloids to release a statement.
An interesting article:

'Harry's War': The ugly truth - Home News, UK - Independent.co.uk
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Ahh, the ex Captain Docherty, who hadn't realised that being a soldier might involve fighting at some point, not just strutting about in a pretty uniform!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

If they send him out to fight then they're asking for trouble. Harry I've always understood him wanting to fight you could tell even when he was very young but William? Now after everything has happened why risk it? I dunno it's their choice I just hope they know what they're doing.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
If they send him out to fight then they're asking for trouble. Harry I've always understood him wanting to fight you could tell even when he was very young but William? Now after everything has happened why risk it? I dunno it's their choice I just hope they know what they're doing.
If William goes anywhere it will be interesting to see how it's handled because I get the feeling this media thing that failed this time will not work for so long next time. I can't see it going on for 10 weeks...
Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

^Ya I just think now i'd be a battle of who's going to get the exclusive first and leak it or w/e
Old 03-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Nobility

Afganistan was started for a different reasons than Iraq war was possibily was started.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Before you order a man to march to war you should have a reasonable idea of how hes going to get there, what he will do when he gets there and what it will be like for him when he is there. Few soldiers would show respect for William if he didnt cover basic training.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william