The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Tom and Sara's wedding was on September 10, 2005. IIRC Kate was invited to the reception and I believe she went. I don't think it was a cooling off period. I think the problem was that they were afraid if Kate went to the wedding, it would cause too much speculation and overshadow Sara on her day.
I remember reading this at the time of the wedding, of course how much truth is in it is questionable but most of the papers/magazines that had articles on the wedding mentioned that Kate was not at the church but was at the reception/party afterwards.
Quote:
But they weren't worried about Kate overshadowing Laura Lopes on her day?
I don't know, maybe it's a case of Laura wanting her there

I have to wonder why the press are suddenly publishing these stories, aren’t they the sort of things they hold unto until there is some important event happening in the royal’s lives?

Old 02-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Laura seems pretty close with Kate...

Old 02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Gentry

If the Daily Mail is correct William and Harry are planning a little trip...

The Princes of Wheels: William and Harry plan 1,000-mile motorbike trek across Africa | the Daily Mail
Old 02-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

A nightclubber suffered horrific facial injuries after being slashed with a broken bottle as Prince William partied with friends just yards away.
The future king was downing £1-a-pop shots of Aftershock in Newquay's notorious Barracuda club when a vicious fight broke out.

Prince William enjoys '£1 Party Night' in bar where fellow clubber is glassed in alcohol-fuelled brawl| News | This is London

---------------
For 'yards away' read, on a different floor!

I was under the impression that William had been banned from drinking whilst on his attachment to the RAF.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Prince has brush with club attack

this is cornwall - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

and more article.

Prince William parties at Newquay club - Telegraph
Old 02-14-2008, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
So he wasn't even there!
Quote:
Luckily, Prince William had left the venue when a fight broke out at 2.25am
Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Courtier

yeah He was lucky to leave there before attack someone..
Old 02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow, they must have been desperate for a story to report something he had nothing to do with, didn't witness, or was anywere near.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

'Prince William captured my heart' says Bondi blonde he taught to jive at a wedding | the Daily Mail

The Bondi Beach blonde who caught a Royal eye has told how she swooned in the arms of Prince William.

££££££££££££
Old 02-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
'Prince William captured my heart' says Bondi blonde he taught to jive at a wedding | the Daily Mail

The Bondi Beach blonde who caught a Royal eye has told how she swooned in the arms of Prince William.

££££££££££££
His dancing is such a turn off...it's just sad he likes to do it so much...
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Aristocracy

I actually think he looks cute in those dancing pics and the girl didn't have any complaints either. She gave an interview in Aussie TV and said that her ex-b/f had sold the pics and that she only came forward to avoid speculation about what happened that evening. He didn't even ask for her number.
Looks like the press is almost desperately looking for stories and trying to blow this innocent dance more than two years ago way out of proportion.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
I actually think he looks cute in those dancing pics and the girl didn't have any complaints either. She gave an interview in Aussie TV and said that her ex-b/f had sold the pics and that she only came forward to avoid speculation about what happened that evening. He didn't even ask for her number.
Looks like the press is almost desperately looking for stories and trying to blow this innocent dance more than two years ago way out of proportion.
Yep the interview was on one of our current affairs programmes tonight lol she made light of it all and of course the "advertising" for the story made it sound as if it just happened

The link isn't up yet when it is I'll post it
Old 02-19-2008, 12:35 PM

Cool, he's with Tom van S. & Guy Pelly. Was it a competition,or a lesson?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Most of those guys look young! Isn't Cornwall cold for surfing?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It looks like they were there for a specific reason, besides just surfing. it looks like he was attending class or something.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt View Post
It looks like they were there for a specific reason, besides just surfing. it looks like he was attending class or something.
If he was, it was a private arrangement, otherwise his friends would not have been there with him.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:05 PM

There is a clear, no-watermark picture of surfer Wills here: Prince William: Surfin', erm, UK

Wills already knows how to surf from his university days on the St. Andrews bay. There were some young boys with the prince and his friends, so maybe they signed up to teach the kids how to surf.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
There is a clear, no-watermark picture of surfer Wills here: Prince William: Surfin', erm, UK

Wills already knows how to surf from his university days on the St. Andrews bay. There were some young boys with the prince and his friends, so maybe they signed up to teach the kids how to surf.
That little write up was hilarious...
Old 02-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Courtier

They look like they are standing in some sort of vehicle, like a boat or something like that. And, it's peculiar that William is clapping and looking up. Anymore pictures of this 'event'?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william