The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:22 AM
Aristocracy

This looks innocent and the blond is really pretty. This just came out in the Daily Mail. Please remove if not appropriate.

Prince William in a whirl with a mystery blonde | the Daily Mail

Old 02-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily View Post
This looks innocent and the blond is really pretty. This just came out in the Daily Mail. Please remove if not appropriate.

Prince William in a whirl with a mystery blonde | the Daily Mail
Innocent enough, yes, as it happened at his step-sister's wedding with Stepmum and Dad looking on... But I wonder who sold the pics now and why they were purchased. It's such old news and we've seen much worse pics of William with other girls which were newer.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Innocent enough, yes, as it happened at his step-sister's wedding with Stepmum and Dad looking on... But I wonder who sold the pics now and why they were purchased. It's such old news and we've seen much worse pics of William with other girls which were newer.
And Kate was at that party.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think Kate was at Tom PB's wedding, she attended Laura's wedding in 2006. But I agree that the pics are harmless. As far as I understood the now ex-b/f of that girl who took those pics sold them - probably shortly after they split as a sort of revenge against her or something. Still I hate it when the press make a big deal out of something like this. A lot of women will probably be all over William now for allegedly cheating on Kate and being a cad. And no matter how old and innocent those pics are, it must still be embarrassing and hurting for Kate to see them splashed all over the papers.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
I don't think Kate was at Tom PB's wedding, she attended Laura's wedding in 2006. But I agree that the pics are harmless. As far as I understood the now ex-b/f of that girl who took those pics sold them - probably shortly after they split as a sort of revenge against her or something. Still I hate it when the press make a big deal out of something like this. A lot of women will probably be all over William now for allegedly cheating on Kate and being a cad. And no matter how old and innocent those pics are, it must still be embarrassing and hurting for Kate to see them splashed all over the papers.
The article said the pics were taken at Laura P-B's wedding, so Catherine was there. Seems she is really a good sport.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You're quite right, IMHO. But I doubt Catherine minds too much, she seems to be a good sport.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
The article said the pics were taken at Laura P-B's wedding, so Catherine was there. Seems she is really a good sport.
Actually the article in the Daily Mail says
Quote:
This is Prince William in hitherto unseen pictures taken at a party following the wedding of Tom Parker Bowles and Sara Buys.
The exact identity of the blonde is unknown, but she is understood to be an Australian make-up artist who was 25 at the time of the wedding, held in September 2005 at St Nicholas' Church, Rotherfield Greys, near Henley-on-Thames.
At the time, William, now 25, had already started to date his current girlfriend, Kate Middleton.
She, however, was not present at the party - which may go some way to explaining the prince's uninhibited behaviour.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Well damn it happened almost 3 years ago...LOL...if it was recent than I could see how that would be offensive to Kate but...
Old 02-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

And another story of William and a former girlfriend:
Her name is Carley Massy-Birch and he dated her for 6 months while at St. Andrews. He supposedly cheated on her with Kate.
What's up with those stories is it "cleaning out your closet Saturday"?

Here's the link:
Spy - Telegraph
Old 02-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Nobility

My goodness,what is going on! These newspapers must be really bored. I really don't care!
Old 02-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
My goodness,what is going on! These newspapers must be really bored. I really don't care!
They're collecting anecdotes for the engagement-issues already.... Or the next Will's princess-book.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
And another story of William and a former girlfriend:
Her name is Carley Massy-Birch and he dated her for 6 months while at St. Andrews. He supposedly cheated on her with Kate.
What's up with those stories is it "cleaning out your closet Saturday"?

Here's the link:
Spy - Telegraph
That story is kinda funny...
Old 02-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Nobility

Here is another article about the brunette from the Daily Mail
She looks like a really sweet girl.
Carly... the beautiful brunette who dated William before Kate | the Daily Mail
Old 02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Nobility

She's really pretty. I wonder why it fizzled out?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Courtier

She's not as pretty as Kate...just being honest...
Old 02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Nobility

Yeah, and Kate isn't as pretty as the blonde he was dancing with. Just my opinion.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

The blond looks like somegirl he was havin fun with. They werent close to each or showed an chemestry. Looks like he was having fun with a fan.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:07 AM

Wasn't the wedding/reception for Tom & Sara during one of William & Kate's "cooling off" periods? The Daily mail worded things as if to say he was cheating on Kate or something, but they neglected to mention that at this time, Kate & Wills were, if I remember, in a seeing-other-people phase.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Aristocracy

Tom and Sara's wedding was on September 10, 2005. IIRC Kate was invited to the reception and I believe she went. I don't think it was a cooling off period. I think the problem was that they were afraid if Kate went to the wedding, it would cause too much speculation and overshadow Sara on her day.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 AM

^But they weren't worried about Kate overshadowing Laura Lopes on her day?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william