The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William current events 19: September - December 2007

Welcome to part 19 of the thread to discuss Prince William's current events.

Part 18 is here.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 AM

ic Wales: "Charlotte wants Wills to wed"
Here, Charlotte Church says, "Really, I wish that William and Kate would get married, so that they would concentrate on them.”
Wishing the press would concentrate on William and Kate? As if they don't? God, I wish the press would concentrate on anything but them!
It's becoming more and more annoying to me that news about the Prince unrelated to Kate is impossible to find.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Nobility

I do understand what you're saying, it's become difficult to find information about Prince William only. But the articles about the completion of his Tank Commander course seem to focus on the prince, I just wish they hadn't made that nasty comment about the quality of Prince William's passing.

I hope this won't annoy you further, but it was nice to read that Prince William took Kate Middleton to Tam Na Ghar after they returned from their Seychelles Island trip. I finally realized the article was saying he took her there for a visit before the Remembrance service for his mother! At first I thought it was saying they were there now. I wonder if any photos of their visit will surface?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
I wonder if any photos of their visit will surface?
I hope so, because the only thing more annoying than the media obsession with Prince-William-boyfriend-of-Kate-Middleton is the debate on whether or not they are "on again".
Old 09-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
God, I wish the press would concentrate on anything but them!
It's becoming more and more annoying to me that news about the Prince unrelated to Kate is impossible to find.
I do agree on that...
Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Nobility

I now believe they are seeing one another, but it would be nice if Prince William weren't so adamant about keeping his personal life out of the public's eyes! It makes it very difficult for me to mind his business.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know when he will be promoted or Train For the RN Thanks in Advance
Old 09-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007420672,00.html

Apparently Kate hasn't quit her job yet. She was at a trade show when she wore the Black and white dress.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

So anything with Prince William Started Navy Training yet or is that still a bit off He and Kate back together correct? when can we Reopen her Thread? Sorry for All the questions
Thanks in Advance
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM

Well, he has just completed his specialty training with the army, so I imagine he must work at it for some time before he goes onto the naval phase.

As for Kate, the "official unofficial" word is that they are together again, but until there is something a bit more reliable to go on, I seriously doubt the moderators will reopen her thread. Though I wish they would, as much as anyone else here.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Courtier

The man looked quite bored. Perhaps he had other things on his mind.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha View Post
The man looked quite bored. Perhaps he had other things on his mind.
Wales lost by quite a large margin, it wasn't a good game for a Welsh rugby supporter to watch!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Nobility

A new article about Prince William has appeared.

Revealed: The party that rekindled Kate and William's love for each other | the Daily Mail

"Revealed: The party that rekindled Kate and William's love for each other

The couple, who had split up in March this year, are also said to have taken a secret holiday together after the break-up during which they developed 'a new understanding' about the future of their relationship.
The claims, made in today's Evening Standard newspaper, shed new light on the events leading up to the royal couple's break-up and their reunion.

It is claimed that months after the break-up the pair were reunited at a party at 17th Century mansion Upton Viva, thrown by Sam Waley-Cohen, son of racehorse breeder and trainer Robert Waley-Cohen. Guests reported that Kate and William were seen having an intimate conversation at the event."
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 AM

Thanks, TonyaR. Did you happen to read the comments to the article? What about that fruitcake who calls William an "airhead Gemini" and Kate a "grounded Capricorn"? Astrology, oh good lord!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Casiraghi Trio, I don't believe astrology has any bearing on how airheaded or grounded a person is! I think fruitcake is the correct word for that lady.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Nobility

William is not an airhead and I agree with TonyaR even he were an airhead it would have nohing to astrological sign.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Please clarify me something: Does william and Kate are back along together?Is there any threath here where we can speak about Kate?
Thank you in advance
Old 09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Does anyone know when he will be promoted or Train For the RN Thanks in Advance
He is unlikely to be promoted for at least 2 years, normally it is 3 years unless they show exceptional leadership qualities. I think he is expected to serve as an Army Officer for a minimum of 2 years, before going on to train with the RAF or Navy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiraghi Trio View Post
William an "airhead Gemini" and Kate a "grounded Capricorn"?
You would at least expect her to get the descriptions right. Gemini is described thus:-
Changeable, agile, dexterous, communicative, versatile, restless, lively, alert, literary, sociable and intellectual.
not an airhead in sight
Capricorn -
Ambitious, serious, disciplined, practical, methodical, thrifty, responsible and reliable.
I speak from experience and neither of these descriptions comes close!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
He is unlikely to be promoted for at least 2 years, normally it is 3 years unless they show exceptional leadership qualities. I think he is expected to serve as an Army Officer for a minimum of 2 years, before going on to train with the RAF or Navy.
I thought it was it was two years but know more then I do about British Army promotion process. How does any young officer show his he has exceptional leadership skills without deployed with the frist two years of service?
As far as I had been able to understand he will do about 2 years in the Army and than attachments in the Royal Navy and RAF where he will do officer training in those services and maybe other training those services.
Does anyone really know how long either the attachments will be?
During the attachments is still considered in the Army or what?