Prince William Current Events 17: September-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure where to post this, but it has several questions about Prince William and many other British Royals as well.

Take the quiz from the Daily Mirror and see how you do :flowers:

Have we got gossip for you... | the Daily Mail

Roll up, roll up, it's time for the great Daily Mail Diary Christmas Quiz, much copied but never bettered. Test your knowledge on the treasure trove of scoops published here about the powerful, the privileged and the rich who have graced and, yes, disgraced our world of gossip over the past year.

Compiled from nearly 2,000 items, who said this, who did that and to whom? Look out for trick questions. There's a case of fabulous Veuve Clicquot champagne for the first randomly picked winner and a bottle each for the six runners-up. Send your answers on a postcard, please, or e-mail diaryquiz@dailymail.co.uk by January 6. Good luck!

How would the NY Post get this with all off the English tabs making no mention??? Nope, don't think so. :rolleyes: If there was another link between the Al Fayed's and the Windsors Mohammed Al Fayed would make very sure that it got out in the English media. So I don't believe it (though Camilla looks great and has the proper name for a royal affair :lol:!).

Last edited:
Whatas the point? If he cant be solider, hwopw can be an airman?

It's kinda of silly for William to train for a military life,as he will never see and action.He'd be be better of studying politics for economics.

He will serve as a Patron Ive got faith in him God Bless Him Follow your DREAMS

It's kinda of silly for William to train for a military life,as he will never see and action.He'd be be better of studying politics for economics.

I agree. However, can you imagine the frustration of not being able to really 'voice' one's leanings on any political or economic issue after spending years in learning those processes? I know I wouldn't want to be just a 'yes' man and support everything the government is throwing at me because I'm forced to without an opinion.

Why is it silly to spend time in the military if not going to "see action"? I served in the navy and never "saw action"? Why do people have this notion that the military is pointless if there is no war? Prince Charles served in the military and never "saw action". Did people also say it was "silly" for him to be in the navy while he never went to a war?

Prince Charles was trained as a pilot. When was that ever useful? William was supposedly trained as a soldier, he can't serve. It's clear he'll never be able to see active military service so why waste public money training him when he obviously needs training in other areas. Pointless.

Prince Charles was trained as a pilot. When was that ever useful? William was supposedly trained as a soldier, he can't serve. It's clear he'll never be able to see active military service so why waste public money training him when he obviously needs training in other areas. Pointless.

On the contrary, the Royal Family is a miltary family, and their forebears were military officers. Also, while the defense of the realm is managed by the Minsitry of Defence, it helps a lot for the hier of the throne to be familiar with the armed forces by being employed by the armed forces. The armed forces is not all at the front line or deployed in foreign lands, there are units of support which is vital for the armed forces.

To fly an aircraft is a useful skill. Also Prince William can learn about the RAF and its traditions as an officer there. It is part of a course of familiarization with the armed forces, and in the pipeline is several months in the Royal Navy.

And this is coming from me as a non-military person, that much I respect the Royal Family!

A military family who can no longer serve in the military. How is learning to fly useful to William when he'll never be asked to fly a plane? Come on. All they can do is wear uniforms and mince about and in my book that's not military service - that's a fetish weekend in Hove.

Prince William to train as a pilot

...."If successful he will be awarded his RAF wings and in anticipation of this, a graduation ceremony is planned for April."... - full article

Is Prince William a second Lt in the Army still? F.O. is generally equal to Lt in the Army.

Is Prince William a second Lt in the Army still? F.O. is generally equal to Lt in the Army.

I think he is stoll Scond Lt. Well thats what i read. Its good to know William is deciding to do something. Also this seems to be alot of hard studying/work for him, well they did mention it was an intensive four month course. Good luck!:D

A flying officer is equivalent to a Lieutenant in the army, it is a junior RAF commissioned officer rank. :flowers: As a 2nd Lieutenant, he could/should have been given the rank of pilot officer, they are normally aircrew, so as William is learning how to fly, he has jumped up a rank.

Last edited:
A new year, a new career, and a new thread in one hit.

Prince William's current events part 20, January 2008, can be found here.



Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom