Prince William Current Events 19: May 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Marg. Now I have to clean the tea off of my monitor! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My pleasure! Just remember in these straiten times "Humour" therapy is the next best thing to "Retail Therapy". :D

:previous: Rogaine is one of the remedies purported to 'treat' hair loss. :D

Prince William has reportedly been lectured by his father Charles to involve himself in more royal commitments.

Prince Charles 'lectures Wills to do more royal duties' .:. NewKerala - India 's Top Online Newspaper

Yeah really, I see infomercials of those treatments where they take your own hair and re-plant it. Some one should point out them to him.:ROFLMAO: Anyway, that is not what I wanted to discuss, but a quote in the article

"But he often doesn't see that his privileged life comes with some serious responsibilities"

When I read it I went :shock:. I know the article is biased, the person saying this is probably not a reliable source, but it made me think. What a *strong* thing to say about the future King of England!.

Pics 13.3.2009

Prince William speaks at the St Giles Trust on March 13, 2009 in
Camberwell, London. The Prince meets clients, advisors and staff
at the Trust, which helps offenders and other disadvantaged people
to rebuild their lives through providing education, training and support
into employment and housing.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Royals join forces with Sound Relief | ninemsn

Sound Relief concert crowds in Melbourne and Sydney paused for a profoundly moving minute's silence on Saturday night in memory of Victorian and Queensland communities devastated by natural disasters.

Then messages of support from the Princes Harry and William in London and graphic images revived memories of firestorms that claimed more than 200 lives, and the disastrous north Queensland floods. Dressed in navy suits and wearing gold bushfire memorial ribbons, the royal brothers expressed their deepest sympathies.

Harry added his support for the concert and the performers who dedicated their time to the cause. "The line-up looks amazing and the concert is a magnificent effort by the Australian music community to pay tribute in the way they know best," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, What was up with them shoes???? I know the nails had to be some kind of joke......lol Happy posting

This is the sort of headlines that makes people discount Daily Mail. The article gave a perfectly reasonable answer to the implied question in the headline. They cound have just stated William got a week off to go skiing and leave it at that.

'All RAF personnel, regardless of length of service and rank, are entitled to 30 days' annual leave. Sometimes there is a natural gap in the students' training so it makes sense, if requested, for an individual to take advantage of this period to take annual leave.'

This is the sort of headlines that makes people discount Daily Mail. The article gave a perfectly reasonable answer to the implied question in the headline. They cound have just stated William got a week off to go skiing and leave it at that.

'All RAF personnel, regardless of length of service and rank, are entitled to 30 days' annual leave. Sometimes there is a natural gap in the students' training so it makes sense, if requested, for an individual to take advantage of this period to take annual leave.'

I guess it's just more fun to get people all up in arms about "bad behavior" from royals -- and surely it sells more papers, unfortunately.

If I were William, and I had a logical break in my work time (probably the same reason we saw him conduct so many engagements recently) and days free to take off, I'd head out on a ski break too, before all the photographers expected me to be there. It looks like they've managed to elude the paparazzi and have some privacy. Good for them.

Here we go again! Wonder how he's going to come out of this one. :popcorn:
Nothing wrong with it, so there is nothing to come out of, he is entitled to the time off as is anyone else who happens to be off. They do have holiday entitlement, no overtime though!:lol:

Wow, i don't think i've ever seen pictures of the press taking pictures of the princes.
It must be truley awful not to just be able to go out on a night.
x:flowers:

That's two very different headlines based on the same story: either Michael and Carol Middleton got their first class seats on their own, or curtesy of William. Either way, it must be his lucky day both papers decided to give him kudos for flying economy.

I like how the Mail article says he gave up his seats for his in-laws to be. I didn't know he went to Meribel with them, i also didn't know it was a yearly thing either?
x

every ones in a while we'll read these stories. Why doesn't he get on with his royal responsibilities instead of wasting tax payer's money with training that will never lead him to war? I would love to see him treated like any other soldier in Great Britain serving his country, but since that will never happen, its time for William to realize the public good he had since his mother untimely death might start to deteriorate if he doesn't show his serious work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom