The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William To Propose With Diana's Ring?

Prince William To Propose With Diana's Ring? - Entertainment News, Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

it seems that they're really back together:w00t2:

Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Nobility

Well they are certainly on a holiday together on Desroches Island in the Seychelles, and according to the stories, not only are they alone without Prince William's usual contingent of hangers on 'friends', but the stories say that the prince has booked all of the suites in the resort so that they can have privacy.

I don't know if I believe that, but what's even more interesting is that the stories claim the son of the president of the Seychelles is personally overseeing matters for them; and that the president of the Seychelles has declared a 4 mile no-fly and no boat zone around the island. I'm assuming that excludes aircraft and boats that are needed for normal daily activities.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Prince William To Propose With Diana's Ring?
I'm sure others will feel differently, but I would prefer a brand new ring made with just me in mind rather than one of my fiancee's dead mother's hand-me-down rings. OK to be given them to wear after we're married, but as an engagement ring I'd prefer something that was distinctively mine, something future generations would know as "Queen Catherine's engagement ring". This is (or will be if it happens) Catherine's moment, and it's going to be overshadowed by the spectre of Diana if she has one of Diana's rings as her engagement ring.

But since I'm not the one in contention to marry William, my opinion really doesn't matter, does it?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post

I might be wrong but doesn't Harry have Diana's ring, not their uncle?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

There is speculation about which boy has inherited Diana's famous sapphire ring. In all truth though, if the information in the story is accurate (doubtful, but possible) I would imagine the ring in question being one other than the sapphire ring no matter who owns it. Too many bad associations with the sapphire ring. Diana possessed an abundance of beautiful jewels. I'm sure there are rings to spare from her collection.

It is perfectly logical that William would give Kate one of his mother's rings. It is often done. Camilla received one of the Queen Mother's rings and even Queen Elizabeth's ring is made from diamonds from her mother in law's tiara.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

It doesn't say that it's the engagement ring; the actual article says "one of Diana's rings" and the title suggests that it's the engagement ring while the article suggests that it isn't. Very helpful.

It seems as though serious royal relationships involve a separation of sorts before the engagement to see if the couple really are attached to each other; Princess Elizabeth had to go on the South Africa tour before the engagement was announced, and Prince Charles and Lady Diana spent some time apart when Diana went to visit her mother in Australia. To say nothing of all the separations Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend were subjected to. If William and Kate really are back together, this separation might have been the pre-engagement royal ordeal rather than an actual break-up. But time will tell.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Well, well, well. I didn't expect them to get back together. I personally do not like Kate, but whatever. Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for Wills. LOL
Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
Does anyone think that William was really in Kenya and that is know on Tropical Island? Why wouldn't he be in Scotland with his family? Why were there no pics of him Kenya?

When William was in Tennessee a few years back, were there any pictures then?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha View Post
When William was in Tennessee a few years back, were there any pictures then?
There were probably no pics of in Tennessee.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Courtier

A video on William and Kate's holiday by CBS news... i'm still wondering when will Kate's thread be reopened?

The Early Show - Living, HealthWatch and Leisure - CBS News.com
Old 08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
i'm still wondering when will Kate's thread be reopened?
When we have something more definite than tabloid rumours.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

But ist at this point more than Rumors?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae View Post
Well, well, well. I didn't expect them to get back together. I personally do not like Kate, but whatever. Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for Wills. LOL
You said it..But as I said everywhere here, I'm an old dinosaur who doesn't like the current Royals girl and boyfriends. I suppose is just me, but I have reasons not to like them. Vanesa.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Hopefully I will be wrong but IMO it seems until Kate and William announce their engagement, we are going to be stuck in the ex partner's thread or hanging out in William's. And it doesn't seem like the ex partner's thread wants us there.

?

Can we do a separate thread in chitchat on Kate until something more definite comes out?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Hopefully I will be wrong but IMO it seems until Kate and William announce their engagement, we are going to be stuck in the ex partner's thread or hanging out in William's.
So far we don't know anything other than rumours. There were no confirmed and corroborated photos of them together on this vacation. All we actually know is that they split up, so Kate is officially William's ex. They didn't appear together at the wedding they were supposed to be going to last month; they sat apart at the concert for Diana. The British moderators will talk this over again, but at the moment the only thing we're seeing is rumour and speculation, and we don't encourage threads to talk about that.

Quote:
And it doesn't seem like the ex partner's thread wants us there.
I didn't know threads had attitudes like that. What's it doing to you?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
All we actually know is that they split up, so Kate is officially William's ex.
I never knew that for sure. Even though I was livid at William at the time, I sort of suspected that "breakup" was a farce, palace announcements notwitstanding.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 AM

When you compare pictures of Kate at the airport she has same clothes on she had in airport pictures of her recent trip to the Caribbean
Old 08-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Commoner

We don't know for a fact that they broke up. I didn't see a statement from any of them on that. They were rumours only. Why are some rumours ok and some not mentionable? Does it at all have anything to do with what those with the power to decide really would want the truth to be?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Courtier

new pics of william arrives/depart at airport last Saturday...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...middleton4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...middleton3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...middleton2.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william