Prince William Current Events 16: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are certainly on a holiday together on Desroches Island in the Seychelles, and according to the stories, not only are they alone without Prince William's usual contingent of hangers on 'friends', but the stories say that the prince has booked all of the suites in the resort so that they can have privacy.

I don't know if I believe that, but what's even more interesting is that the stories claim the son of the president of the Seychelles is personally overseeing matters for them; and that the president of the Seychelles has declared a 4 mile no-fly and no boat zone around the island. I'm assuming that excludes aircraft and boats that are needed for normal daily activities.

Prince William To Propose With Diana's Ring?

I'm sure others will feel differently, but I would prefer a brand new ring made with just me in mind rather than one of my fiancee's dead mother's hand-me-down rings. OK to be given them to wear after we're married, but as an engagement ring I'd prefer something that was distinctively mine, something future generations would know as "Queen Catherine's engagement ring". This is (or will be if it happens) Catherine's moment, and it's going to be overshadowed by the spectre of Diana if she has one of Diana's rings as her engagement ring.

But since I'm not the one in contention to marry William, my opinion really doesn't matter, does it? :ROFLMAO:

There is speculation about which boy has inherited Diana's famous sapphire ring. In all truth though, if the information in the story is accurate (doubtful, but possible) I would imagine the ring in question being one other than the sapphire ring no matter who owns it. Too many bad associations with the sapphire ring. Diana possessed an abundance of beautiful jewels. I'm sure there are rings to spare from her collection.

It is perfectly logical that William would give Kate one of his mother's rings. It is often done. Camilla received one of the Queen Mother's rings and even Queen Elizabeth's ring is made from diamonds from her mother in law's tiara.

It doesn't say that it's the engagement ring; the actual article says "one of Diana's rings" and the title suggests that it's the engagement ring while the article suggests that it isn't. Very helpful.

It seems as though serious royal relationships involve a separation of sorts before the engagement to see if the couple really are attached to each other; Princess Elizabeth had to go on the South Africa tour before the engagement was announced, and Prince Charles and Lady Diana spent some time apart when Diana went to visit her mother in Australia. To say nothing of all the separations Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend were subjected to. If William and Kate really are back together, this separation might have been the pre-engagement royal ordeal rather than an actual break-up. But time will tell.

Last edited:
Well, well, well. I didn't expect them to get back together. I personally do not like Kate, but whatever. Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for Wills. LOL

Does anyone think that William was really in Kenya and that is know on Tropical Island? Why wouldn't he be in Scotland with his family? Why were there no pics of him Kenya?

When William was in Tennessee a few years back, were there any pictures then? :)

i'm still wondering when will Kate's thread be reopened?

When we have something more definite than tabloid rumours.

Well, well, well. I didn't expect them to get back together. I personally do not like Kate, but whatever. Maybe it's just because I have a soft spot for Wills. LOL

You said it..But as I said everywhere here, I'm an old dinosaur who doesn't like the current Royals girl and boyfriends. I suppose is just me, but I have reasons not to like them. Vanesa.

Hopefully I will be wrong but IMO it seems until Kate and William announce their engagement, we are going to be stuck in the ex partner's thread or hanging out in William's. And it doesn't seem like the ex partner's thread wants us there.:sad:

:idea: ?

Can we do a separate thread in chitchat on Kate until something more definite comes out?

Hopefully I will be wrong but IMO it seems until Kate and William announce their engagement, we are going to be stuck in the ex partner's thread or hanging out in William's.

So far we don't know anything other than rumours. There were no confirmed and corroborated photos of them together on this vacation. All we actually know is that they split up, so Kate is officially William's ex. They didn't appear together at the wedding they were supposed to be going to last month; they sat apart at the concert for Diana. The British moderators will talk this over again, but at the moment the only thing we're seeing is rumour and speculation, and we don't encourage threads to talk about that.

And it doesn't seem like the ex partner's thread wants us there.:sad:

I didn't know threads had attitudes like that. What's it doing to you?

All we actually know is that they split up, so Kate is officially William's ex.
I never knew that for sure. Even though I was livid at William at the time, I sort of suspected that "breakup" was a farce, palace announcements notwitstanding.

Last edited:
When you compare pictures of Kate at the airport she has same clothes on she had in airport pictures of her recent trip to the Caribbean

We don't know for a fact that they broke up. I didn't see a statement from any of them on that. They were rumours only. Why are some rumours ok and some not mentionable? Does it at all have anything to do with what those with the power to decide really would want the truth to be?

We don't know for a fact that they broke up. I didn't see a statement from any of them on that. They were rumours only. Why are some rumours ok and some not mentionable? Does it at all have anything to do with what those with the power to decide really would want the truth to be?

As I can see it, it is important to keep in mind that in this case, the "truth" (that is, the true nature of William's and Kate's relationship) is not a matter for public right to know. Whatever they wish for us to know is what the "truth" should be from our point of view. We really do not have any "right" to know anything else.
Now, stepping down from my soapbox, I will grant you that the speculation is all very fascinating. However, as Elspeth points out, it is only speculation, and TRF policy is good to maintain non-encouragement of threads solely based on speculation.

What amazes me most here is the extent to which William and Kate have gone to make sure no one photographs them together, yet the NOTW, on top of it as always, still manages to scrap together what amount to a timetable of their arrivals.

Last edited:
whether its correct or other wise, nobody seems to be know the truth...except.. 'the royal sources' or the whatever sources the paps named them.. so, we can just wait..I just think the stories become too much now...:ermm: ....He used to be my favourite prince...

:flowers: It sounds like they had a fantastic time! I wonder if this means that we might get to see some photos of them together at some point, now that they are back in London?

:flowers: It sounds like they had a fantastic time! I wonder if this means that we might get to see some photos of them together at some point, now that they are back in London?
yes they came back yesterday!!! but I hope that soon we'll have a confirmation that they're back together!! they're such a lovely couple:wub:

I think so too!! maybe during the ceremony for Diana in a couple of days:flowers:

Well, having Kate there would certainly be the best (nay, the only) way to draw the focus from Camilla! :lol:

As much as I would like to see William and Kate attend together, it was already announced that the boys would be attending by themselves. No Kate, no Chelsy. But it will be interesting to see if William brings Kate to Peter Phillips wedding whenever that happens.:flowers:

I think that will be interesting too, but I certainly hope we get to see photos of Prince William and Kate Middleton together before then.

I'd guess that Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly's wedding is probably somewhere between 4 and 6 months away at least. Don't the royals usually make an announcement after the preparations are already underway? They all seem to have a wedding ceremony within 6 months or less from the time of the engagement announcement.

Wonder if William will take Kate to Peters wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom