Prince William Current Events 18: January-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Military pilots usually take less time

Their training is their full-time job. When you fly several hours a day, you don't need to cover the same ground over and over. Someone who learns on a more sporadic schedule needs to constantly review/refresh.

I'd love to learn to fly,and I hope to do so when I'm old enough.

hey i have a question, i case of a war he must go or he can took the desicion if he want go?

^ Well, I think Matt Lauer put it in the most benign but straightforward way: If the third in line to the throne isn't allowed to deploy into a war zone, it's pretty much a safe bet the second in line won't be allowed to do so! :lol:

^ Well, I think Matt Lauer put it in the most benign but straightforward way: If the third in line to the throne isn't allowed to deploy into a war zone, it's pretty much a safe bet the second in line won't be allowed to do so! :lol:

Speaking of that Matt Lauer interview...I have still never seen the whole thing...

I tried watching it on the msnbc website and they wouldn't play it...is there anywhere it's available? It's cut up on youtube...:ermm:

^I found it on veoh's website google it try typing in veoh tv prince william and prince harry matt lauer interview (or something like that should come up if not let me know I'll send you the link. I also really want to see the BBC interview they did that same week with that lady I can't remember her name. It's on youtube but the link cites it as unavailable even though its on BBC's profile on youtube. Anyways they showed Prince William on tv last night short quick little interview with some clips of him flying he looked SO happy! I haven't seen him that happy and excited in so long! It really made my day.

^I found it on veoh's website google it try typing in veoh tv prince william and prince harry matt lauer interview (or something like that should come up if not let me know I'll send you the link. I also really want to see the BBC interview they did that same week with that lady I can't remember her name. It's on youtube but the link cites it as unavailable even though its on BBC's profile on youtube. Anyways they showed Prince William on tv last night short quick little interview with some clips of him flying he looked SO happy! I haven't seen him that happy and excited in so long! It really made my day.

Oh thank you I found it that way! :flowers:

Speaking of that Matt Lauer interview...I have still never seen the whole thing...

I tried watching it on the msnbc website and they wouldn't play it...is there anywhere it's available? It's cut up on youtube...:ermm:

Zembla, it is also available on iTunes, and very nice price. I can't remember exactly the price, as I bought it months ago when it was actually on the news.

He will continue to get promotions, whether he is 'in' or not, just as his father and grandfather have. :flowers:

Would he still be considered active and if so, would he continue to get paid his military pay? I don't think I feel comfortable in wearing the insignias of promotions when I didn't put in the time actively like my peers. Just me I guess. Andrew sure be proud of serving the 20 years. Did Charles put in 20 years? He sure did have the time to do so, if he didn't.

Skydragon said:
It is a little below average for someone receiving intensive flight training but as the RAF doesn't normally just teach flying to it's officers, as an RAF trainee pilot, it would be impossible to judge. The 'normal' course last about 6 months, but does incorporate many other aspects required of it's flight officers. William is being fast tracked and is only learning the basics to do with flying. :flowers:

I would assume they also practice in a simulator, so that the instructor can measure whether or not the pilot trainee is ready to take-off and land.

Last edited:
Would he still be considered active and if so, would he continue to get paid his military pay? I don't think I feel comfortable in wearing the insignias of promotions when I didn't put in the time actively like my peers. Just me I guess. Andrew sure be proud of serving the 20 years. Did Charles put in 20 years? He sure did have the time to do so, if he didn't.
They are not considered to be on active service after they have left and do not receive any pay. Andrew continued to serve in the Navy, that was not without controversy, especially as he received a massive salary increase, I don't think they would make the same mistake with William, (mind you this is the MOD we are talking about).
I would assume they also practice in a simulator, so that the instructor can measure whether or not the pilot trainee is ready to take-off and land.
The simulators tend to be used for jet training, after you have learned the basics. :flowers:

Has Prince William started at RAF Linton-on-Ouse yet?

Is he at RAF Linton-upon-Ouse or RAF Shawbury? I would think that he is still at RAF Linton-upon-Ouse doing flying training on the truboprop. He is not already trainee helicopter pilot is he?

Im not sure id think wouldve arived already since he wont be inthe long run

The prince, who has already served in the army, is currently undergoing training with the RAF in Lincolnshire to become a pilot and later this year will spend time with the Royal Navy. After that, advisers are keen for him to undertake a range of training in civilian life, to complete his education in how the country he will one day rule operates.
Among the options is spending time at the Foreign Office or in a government department to watch the civil service at work - though not Downing Street, where he would potentially be embroiled in partisan political issues - or in sport, the legal profession, or even the Church of England, of whose faith he will one day be defender.
Does this mean that William is not going to do a third year in the military which would he actually be only two years regular Army Duty? Prince William was really going to only a year in the Army that is not fair when most young officers in the Blues and Royals has to do three years. Am I correct or not?

He is way too expensive, maybe.. they did suggest he is wasting taxpayer cash. So, they cut it short. Besides, he won't serve the country in war or something ...but that's only my assumption:rolleyes:

I don't think he'll benefit from spending even more time in the military. He started in 2005 and will finish by the end of 2008, that's enough for him to get an impression about military life, IMO. It sounds reasonable that he should thereafter work with government institutions especially the diplomatic services or the Church of England for further "King lessons". I guess that is also pretty much in line with the paths most other royal "trainees" took.

RCB Oct 2005
RMA Sanhurst Jan. 2006-Dec. 2006
B&R Regimental time Jan. 2007-Dec. 2007
RAF Jan. 2008-April 2008
Royal Navy around June 2008-Dec. 2008
From Jan. 2006- at least Dec. 2008
He has only really been in the Army as a Commissioned Officer just over a year. At the end of the year he will have been in the Military for just under two years. This is not even long enough receive his Lieutnentcy.

Last edited:
At the ripe old age of 25, it appears Prince William is already worried about his thinning crown, above.

A leading Harley Street clinic claims he sent an aide to ask about a medication called Propecia that promotes hair growth

William pulls his hair out over his thinning crown | the Daily Mail
-----------------
or in sport, the legal profession, or even the Church of England, of whose faith he will one day be defender
He has no training to allow him to work as anything other than a clerk in the 'legal' profession and what could he do within the CoE?
kpusa1981 said:
Is he at RAF Linton-upon-Ouse or RAF Shawbury?
He is still at Linton on Ouse.

Last edited:
I hope he will will lose it in the back like his father and not like his uncle in the front. When you lose your hair in the front it make you look older like Edward looked.

Well, good for him if he is going to try a medication. If he is bothered by it, he should take a proactive step to try things that might counteract it.
It does look like his hair is thinning more the back way on the crown, rather than that front thing, the receding hairline.
I think I might be scared to take such medication though. It might stimulate more hair growth where you don't want it!!!!
:lol:

Last edited:
At least hes making the most of it when will he leave this RAF Station

Prince William surprised diners at a York curry restaurant last night by dropping in unannounced with 47 friends.

Seems quite good at making "friends".... :D Or did he just pay for all of them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom