Prince William Current Events 15: May-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia

William.gif

Welcome to the new (part 17) thread dedicated to
Prince William's Current Events

Part 16, covering period from March 17 t0 May 9 can be found here.

I've removed 6 off-topic posts. This is not a thread about bowler hats and umbrellas, not is it the place to post pictures taken a year ago.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Wills & Harry get lapdance club

Wills & Harry get lapdance club

A NUDE lapdance club is to open just yards from Prince William and Harry’s army barracks.

Their Household Cavalry regiment has already been put on full alert that it will be “more than welcome”.

The Sun Online - News: Wills & Harry get lapdance club

Not much is happening with the two Princes, so The Sun had to find some story to relate to the Princes to sell a copy or two.

The papers are good at making something out of nothing.

Looking at all of the recent stories and headlines, it's amazing how just about any person or business can tie themselves to William and Harry so that they can sell more product and make more money.

On the Tusk topic: I did like the pictures of him at the Tusk office in Dorset.

I've removed yet more off-topic posts. This isn't the place for yet another discussion of how some people would prefer that Charles be skipped over in the succession. If Prince William isn't doing anything newsworthy at the moment, there's no compulsion to post off-topic material here simply in order to keep the thread going. It'll still be here when he does start doing things which are reported in the papers. In the the meantime, off-topic posts will continue to be removed.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Best quotes from the increasingly-odious and self-serving Paul Burrell:

"The Queen and I are still close, but I can't say too much."
"I'm in touch with both Prince Harry and Prince William. They haven't had a chance to taste my wines yet."
"They would have gone for me, saying I was cashing in on Diana's memory."

The response from Clarence House: "He is not in touch with them. And he hasn't been."
Are they inferring Burrell is a bald-faced liar? Surely not! :D

William and Harry don bowlers for Hyde Park parade

William and Harry don bowlers for Hyde Park parade

Princes William and Harry swapped their military uniforms for bowler hats and smart City suits today as they marched together in an Army parade.

They joined hundreds of former and serving soldiers in London's Hyde Park for the annual Combined Cavalry Old Comrades Association Parade.

William and Harry don bowlers for Hyde Park parade | 24dash.com - Showbiz & Slap Dash

The "City suit" tradition, which sees officers sporting black bowler hats and carrying umbrellas, reflects the "proper order of dress" before the First World War.
How did soldiers serve in these uniforms?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not how they dressed while battle but it is how dressed while in London.

Last edited:
I like the classy uniforms. The soldiers looked sharp on and off the battle field.

No, it is not an off duty uniform! :rolleyes: There is no off duty uniform.

Most officers were aristocrats or landed gentry, the rest tended to be professional people, for whom a suit and bowler would have been normal London street wear For many 'ordinary' soldiers it was their 'Sunday best'.

Skydragon said:
No, it is not an off duty uniform! :rolleyes: There is no off duty uniform.

Most officers were aristocrats or landed gentry, the rest tended to be professional people, for whom a suit and bowler would have been normal London street wear For many 'ordinary' soldiers it was their 'Sunday best'.

Thank you, and that's exactly what I said. Suits and bowler hats was what you wore when you were walking around town going about your business.

Sister Morphine said:
Thank you, and that's exactly what I said. Suits and bowler hats was what you wore when you were walking around town going about your business.
Indeed you did, but I think a couple on here misunderstood your, to me, very clear post. :flowers: It was also what the country men wore on a sunday, after they had finished work and were perhaps going to the public house or their church.

Skydragon said:
Indeed you did, but I think a couple on here misunderstood your, to me, very clear post. :flowers: It was also what the country men wore on a sunday, after they had finished work and were perhaps going to the public house or their church.

That was back when men were expected to dress like gentlemen. Don't get me wrong, I like guys in casual clothes, but there's nothing quite like a guy in a well-made suit. Fortunately for William and Harry, they'll never have to worry about ill-fitting clothes. ;)

What's That

Gettyimages shows a picture of william:ohmy: with a big red spot on his fourhead, is this from the hat or did he fall?

The boys are very handsome! It's amazing!! Always.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to tradition, umbrellas are carried but must not be unfurled, meaning the siblings were soon soaking wet as they walked the half-mile route. The grim weather did nothing to dampen the spirits of the royal soldiers, though, who joked with army pals and veterans before the start of the march.
It sounds like the princes had a fun day at the march.

Last edited:
We hear these stories frequently. I can't imagine that they would be signing up using their real names or anything close to it on these kinds of sites. Anyone can sign up using any name they want.

In fact because of the warnings the police in our area give about these kinds of sites, my teenagers and their friends don't use their real names or provide any factual information about where they live or go to school. They are also cautious about who they communicate with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom