The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

I understand that he may do officer training at each discipline.

He will still be an Army officer when he has finished and even though he will not have been at an army barracks, it will still count as time served in the army.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Gentry

Weren't there rumors at one point that William might go somewhere for a couple of months, I believe it was Northern Ireland, after he finished with his current training course this summer. Have we heard anymore about that?

Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

After the Harry drama I doubt the military will be telegraphing William's deployments too far in advance.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I understand that he may do officer training at each discipline.

He will still be an Army officer when he has finished and even though he will not have been at an army barracks, it will still count as time served in the army.
That doesn't mean he has to do some sort of "basic training" course does it? Or, does it mean he will just chose a discipline in each service and pursue that? I'm not sure how the British does their interdiscipline service training.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Basic training for Army and RAF is roughly the same.

It will depend how much of an insight he will be offered. Charles got his wings and to do that he had to have a shortened officer course. The normal course for the RAF is 30 weeks, Doctors/Dentists take a shortened course of 12 weeks. Allowing that he will already have done 'man management' and basic logistics, a shorter course should (as he won't be a serving officer in the RAF) suit him.

I'm sure he doesn't see himself flying one of the new Typhoons, which involves more than sitting behind the controls and letting the computer do the work.

Airsea rescue crews are for instance, given a variety of training, it's not much good to anyone if they are out searching and the winchman becomes injured, or the pilot/navigator has a heart attack and nobody else can do the job.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Courtier

I found some pics of william's new flat(Apartment) actually from the royalist..

the flat what look like... here is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507d.jpg

Look nice place huh??
Old 05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the pictures. Although, the building definitely doesn't look new from the outside, the inside looks like it has been taken care of.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
I found some pics of william's new flat(Apartment)
That looks more like a hotel to me. I wouldnt bet on their souce
Old 05-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
So Wills has a bachelor pad, eh? What are the odds he has a black leather couch, and leopard-print sheets?
Haha! It was funny about the "red light" too. Somehow this place looks so hotel like, as if all the rooms are furnished the same way and they have a full room service for their residents, like a longterm residence hotel. Those places are nice for awhile, but they aren't very home like, ya know what I mean? I am not sure I would like to live there. I am surprised he doesn't want a place with some character that he can furnish his own way. Then again, he must be so busy and it will be nice to have a full hotel-like staff cleaning and cooking for him, and doing his laundry and everything, just like at the palace!
I guess he wants to be semi-independent with his own place but not be too much on his own or so far from the comforts he is used to! Seems very natural for any young man or woman. The ideal sort of "home away from Dad but not without Daddy-like comforts". That's what we all want, isn't it?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Here is...
EL PRÍNCIPE GUILLERMO Y KATE MIDDLETON SE VEN EN SECRETO

I think that talk about Kate.. I can't underdstand what it says....

karla64
Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Nobility

thank you Karla64and When were they supposed have had these meeting?
I would think during a weekend or two weekends.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Aristocracy

Who is Prince William Currently Dating?

I just saw on the E cable channel that Prince William was dating Holly Branson, is this rumor and rubbish? I don't believe it for many reasons, I am just checking to see if anyone can validate this rumor.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P.
I just saw on the E cable channel that Prince William was dating Holly Branson, is this rumor and rubbish? I don't believe it for many reasons, I am just checking to see if anyone can validate this rumor.

I would vote rubbish, as I haven't seen anything here about it until just now. The mods here are pretty tight on us speculating about things, so if it was confirmed, we'd probably be talking about it already.

I would think he wouldn't start dating someone so soon after breaking up with Kate AND Holly wants to be a pediatrician, something that wouldn't mesh well with dating the future King.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Gentry

I think Holly is just one of the many people that are being linked to William by tabloids and gossip column. She has a boyfriend though.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Answering to kpusa1981, about prince william and kate meetings, according to hola the first meeting was at a mutual friend house and the second one was at a pub near prince charles farm in Highgrove.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:55 AM

The article in Hola! cites one Dean Rousewell as the origin of the story.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Now william's turn to party.. he look good...

Move over Kate, now it’s William’s turn to party | the Daily Mail
Old 06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
Quote of the day from the Daily Mail:
"The pair, who announced their split in April, avoided an awkward encounter at the nightspot by just 24 hours."

By just 24 hours? I guess in excitable media-speak, this is missing by a whisker. If it was 18 hours, it would have been a near-collision.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
If it was 18 hours, it would have been a near-collision.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Gentry

I thought he looked great in the pictures, well, with the exception of those that were meant to make him look like he was in bad shape. I can't understand why they needed to include Kate in this article though. I know they get more money if they continue with these types of articles but it's time to accept that they aren't a couple and both appear to be doing well.

Imagine the panic if they actually did show up on the same night at the same place. The networks would cut into regular programming to give us updates on the breaking news.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william