The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM

They both look good in their bowler hats. Their matching ties, are they special ties for the Household Cavalry? All the men wore ties just like them?

About facebook, I doubt the princes use it even though many of their society are on it (for real) like Holly Branson, Guy Pelly, Harry Walsh.... I use facebook and I found many of their friends but I am not a friend of them so I can't say anymore about it (you can't see their profiles unless you are their friend). That is why a lot of the well-to-do people like facebook; their profiles are private and for viewing only to their chosen friends' list. It's a lot better for them than myspace.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Gentry

Now the papers say it was a hoax.

Prince William falls victim to Facebook prank | the Daily Mail

Old 05-16-2007, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrn
Well, Prince William wasn't a "victim" as he would have known from the outset this was a hoax.
The only "vicitms" here are the star-struck and gullible who will believe anything they see on the Internet.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Gentry

It was announced that Prince William has become Patron of English Swimming School's Association and Mountain Rescue

The Prince of Wales - Prince William becomes Patron of English Swimming School's Association and Mountain Rescue
Old 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Nobility

I am glad that William is starting to take on more royal duties.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Now the papers say it was a hoax.
Oh come on, did anybody actually thought for half a second that William would be looking for the next Queen of England through Facebook?
Quoting Máxima ...that "was een beetje dom" (was a little bit stupid)
Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda
Oh come on, did anybody actually thought for half a second that William would be looking for the next Queen of England through Facebook?
Quoting Máxima ...that "was een beetje dom" (was a little bit stupid)
Maxima has some wit on her. I like that.
But yeah, I thought it was a hoax the first time I read it. Something about it seemed off to me.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Gentry

Today's news:
Another one on the swimming and mountain rescue patronages.

The Sun Online - News: Prince Wills, hills and pools
Now they have to get their digs at William too over the non-sending of Harry to Iraq.

Quote:
PRINCES William and Harry should resign their commissions now...
Harry and William should immediately quit the army and return to their alternative career - nightclubbing.
Mirror.co.uk - News - Voice of the Mirror - SURRENDER ARMY ROLES
And last but not least, although most of this article was about Harry, I was interested in reading their description of William's squadron.

Quote:
He will now join his brother William in D Squadron of the Blues and Royals, a holding unit destined never to go to war. The squadron, which has far fewer men than his original A squadron, is made up of injured soldiers unfit to serve or those preparing to leave the regiment.
Makes it sound like the place where everyone is a misfit and has no real purpose and no place to go. How mentally refreshing that must be every day to hear that you are serving with the group of people who are unfit to serve and don't fit in anywhere else. I'll hope the writer just lacked the writing skills to correctly describe this squadron D.

Harry's new war role: looking after the injured | the Daily Mail

I guess that's all.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

I understand some members are fascinated by Facebook, but as it was a hoax and didn't have anything to do with William, we should let the subject drop.

thanks,
Warren
British Forum moderator
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Makes it sound like the place where everyone is a misfit and has no real purpose and no place to go. How mentally refreshing that must be every day to hear that you are serving with the group of people who are unfit to serve and don't fit in anywhere else. I'll hope the writer just lacked the writing skills to correctly describe this squadron D.
They are soldiers recovering from injuries and those who would be leaving within the tour dates. They are well thought of and working with a purpose to their lives, continuing to train, trying to get fit to return to active duty and people who have already risked life and limb who are preparing to leave and take on the challenge of civilian life, certainly not misfits!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Gentry

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't really think they were misfits. I just thought that the description in the newspaper was poorly worded. I think the idea of the writer was to make it look like William and now Harry were at the bottom by being with that group. Glad to know D squadron actually is well thought of.

On another note, I happened to be watching television this morning (somerthing other than a children's show) and saw that the announced interview of William and Harry done by NBC would be shown in the US during June on the evening Dateline NBC show, with part of it on their morning show.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Sporty Prince William takes on two more official roles
Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Nobility

William is becoming more of a humanitarian every day, just like his mother.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
William is becoming more of a humanitarian every day, just like his mother.
And his father.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Nobility

William is very athletic, swimming, polo and rugby.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Gentry

Didn't he play tennis when his mom was alive (with her) and do some rowing and football (soccer) or something like that while at school too?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Nobility

The Royal Family > HRH The Prince of Wales and family > Prince William

Quote:
Prince William is a keen sportsman and loves football, rugby, tennis, swimming and water polo. At Ludgrove, he was rugby and hockey team captain and represented the school at cross-country running.
Prince William is also a crack clay pigeon shooter, winning the school's prize in 1994. He acted in school plays, and enjoys reading and film-going.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Prince William was shown in the broadcast from Wembley Stadium a short time ago meeting the players and officials in the FA Cup Final.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Nobility

William must have been thrilled to meet the players, he loves the game so much.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Gentry

Yahoo! News Search Results for prince william

Yahoo, along with some others, has some nice pics of William at the game.

Tags
prince william