The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Good points bbb. I think we'll see less of the princes for a while because of the blowback from their latest antics. They're blowing off steam now, while their bodies can handle it, rather than in their mid-40s looking like idiots in the clubs. Harry is going to war where anything can happen God forbid. Let him have his fun before things get serious. Iraq is no day at the beach.

As for William, he has handled himself so well for so long, I'm not bothered by some these rather innocuous photos. For their own twisted reasons, some corners are blowing way out of proportion the pictures of him in the nightclub with those girls. It's obvious to me he was feeling good, the girls asked for pictures and he obliged them. End of story. The one girl later denied going back to barracks with him. Even if she did go, obviously nothing happened and she left. Kate got it right. She said women will always throw themselves at him and it is something that she handles brilliantly.

As for celebrating William and Kate's breakup, some people would be advised not to do the happy dance too soon. I suspect they will go undercover with their relationship to throw everyone off. I know I would lay low if I were Kate. We haven't seen pictures of her in days. Her lawyers are doing their jobs well. Good for her. I hope she enjoys the break/embargo. It won't last if she attends the Diana celebration in a few months.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Gentry

Sorry, I still don't understand the posting of links here but thisisdorset.com has story about William "charming" a great-grandmother. Here's the address Prince Charms A Greatgrandmother (from Thisisdorset)

Old 04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Have I missed something? There seems to be specualation as to problems between the couple in this thread. Can someone fill me in?

Hmm, just found the article myself, and it appears that the only thing that Wills had to do with this girl was take a photo, likely at her request. According to this young woman, he did not do anything untoward.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Have I missed something? There seems to be specualation as to problems between the couple in this thread.
Sadly, hope springs eternal, in some minds!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Nobility

When will William startthe driving part of the Troop Leaders Course?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Nobility

Skydragon, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Have I missed something? There seems to be specualation as to problems between the couple in this thread. Can someone fill me in?
The only thing you've missed Empress is jealousy inspired hate towards Kate Middleton, thankfully not here though. This is a lovely place, very nice posters and very good moderators. There is sometimes an attempted invasion, but it's snuffed out by sound reasoning and reality.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Commoner

Luv2Cruise, I think you and I were separated at birth. You always say the things I want to say!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

These articles refer to the same event!

William hailed as 'perfect gentleman' after pub gig

Prince William was a "perfect gentleman" when he took time out from his military training to visit a bar in a seaside town, it has been revealed.

William hailed as 'perfect gentleman' after pub gig | the Daily Mail

PRINCE ACCUSED OF GIG DISRUPTION

British royal PRINCE WILLIAM and his army friends have been accused of ruining an amateur musician's big break by disrupting his first gig.

PRINCE WILLIAM - PRINCE ACCUSED OF GIG DISRUPTION
Old 04-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Why do I think the papers are taking revenge on William for not getting publically engaged to Kate and giving them a decent uplifting story about the royals to write about.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Prince William pays Tribute to Woman Officer who killed in Iraq..

Prince William pays tribute to woman officer | International News | News | Telegraph
Old 04-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Young Wills' hands-on photo reveals the death of privacy

LAST week London's Sun newspaper printed a front-page picture of Prince William, heir to the throne,

Young Wills' hands-on photo reveals the death of privacy - World - theage.com.au

The last few paragraphs about the play should make people think, is this the society we really want?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
Prince William pays tribute to woman officer | International News | News | Telegraph
Tragic for all the families. I think men get more upset about a female colleague being killed than a male because of the 'protect the weaker sex' attitude, that is taught from an early age in most families.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

My Heart goes out to the Families Especially during this Holiday May God Be with them and this Is where Prince Henry is going no matter what we think of him Let us keep him in our prayers , He will be gone for 6 months hopefully thatll scare him straight
Old 04-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
It was interesting to read that she came from a long line of relatives who served/serves in the military and a sister who is stationed there now (although was on leave when Jo was killed). Sorry to hear this.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Young Wills' hands-on photo reveals the death of privacy
The last few paragraphs about the play should make people think, is this the society we really want?
Absolutely not IMO. I have been rather saddened by all that has changed in the world, but that topic is not for this forum.

I don't think William deliberately with intention of feeling up this young lady. I think he just put his arm around her and his hand landed where it did and it was just a passing thing with only his best intention.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
It was interesting to read that she came from a long line of relatives who served/serves in the military and a sister who is stationed there now (although was on leave when Jo was killed). Sorry to hear this.
It is reasonably normal for the military tradition to be passed down through the generations. Whether you have one child or more in a war zone, it is always harder for those at home and the dread that follows a 'shut down' cannot be described or IMO, imagined.

My heart goes out to all who knew these young people, especially their parents, relatives and friends. I am saddened that the biggest headlines about their deaths, seems to be that Jo was a friend of Williams at RMAS, while this is news, surely it should be more about the loss suffered by their families!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I am saddened that the biggest headlines about their deaths, seems to be that Jo was a friend of Williams at RMAS, while this is news, surely it should be more about the loss suffered by their families!
It shows the degree of insensitivity the press possesses!

This kind of sensationalism regarding Prince William makes things that much harder for the next of kin of the deceased. It is as if they and their lives, and more particicularly the deaths of their loved ones are somehow less important than they really are. Almost of secondary importance.

Let them grieve in peace. :unhappy:
Old 04-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Courtier

William Wants Hands-On Role in Diana Memorial Fund

With the tenth anniversary of Princess Diana's death less than five months away, Princes William and Harry have been busy planning a fitting memorial service and concert in memory of their mother.

William 'wants hands-on role' with Memorial Fund | News | This is London
Old 04-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
William Wants Hands-On Role in Diana Memorial Fund
I thought it had been decided to close down the memorial fund.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I thought it had been decided to close down the memorial fund.
I thought so too that the fund was being wound down and it wasn't accepting any more donations and was currently dispersing what was left. I would therefore doubt the accuracy of this story.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william