Prince William Current Events 14: March-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Wills' hands-on photo reveals the death of privacy

LAST week London's Sun newspaper printed a front-page picture of Prince William, heir to the throne,

Young Wills' hands-on photo reveals the death of privacy - World - theage.com.au

The last few paragraphs about the play should make people think, is this the society we really want?

karla64 said:
Prince William pays Tribute to Woman Officer who killed in Iraq..:cry:
Prince William pays tribute to woman officer | International News | News | Telegraph
Tragic for all the families. I think men get more upset about a female colleague being killed than a male because of the 'protect the weaker sex' attitude, that is taught from an early age in most families. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Heart goes out to the Families Especially during this Holiday May God Be with them and this Is where Prince Henry is going no matter what we think of him Let us keep him in our prayers , He will be gone for 6 months hopefully thatll scare him straight

karla64 said:
Prince William pays Tribute to Woman Officer who killed in Iraq..
It was interesting to read that she came from a long line of relatives who served/serves in the military and a sister who is stationed there now (although was on leave when Jo was killed). Sorry to hear this.:sad:

Skydragon said:
Young Wills' hands-on photo reveals the death of privacy
The last few paragraphs about the play should make people think, is this the society we really want?
Absolutely not IMO. I have been rather saddened by all that has changed in the world, but that topic is not for this forum.

I don't think William deliberately with intention of feeling up this young lady. I think he just put his arm around her and his hand landed where it did and it was just a passing thing with only his best intention.:)

HRH Kimetha said:
It was interesting to read that she came from a long line of relatives who served/serves in the military and a sister who is stationed there now (although was on leave when Jo was killed). Sorry to hear this.:sad:
It is reasonably normal for the military tradition to be passed down through the generations. Whether you have one child or more in a war zone, it is always harder for those at home and the dread that follows a 'shut down' cannot be described or IMO, imagined.

My heart goes out to all who knew these young people, especially their parents, relatives and friends. I am saddened that the biggest headlines about their deaths, seems to be that Jo was a friend of Williams at RMAS, while this is news, surely it should be more about the loss suffered by their families!

Skydragon said:
I am saddened that the biggest headlines about their deaths, seems to be that Jo was a friend of Williams at RMAS, while this is news, surely it should be more about the loss suffered by their families!
It shows the degree of insensitivity the press possesses! :bang:

This kind of sensationalism regarding Prince William makes things that much harder for the next of kin of the deceased. It is as if they and their lives, and more particicularly the deaths of their loved ones are somehow less important than they really are. Almost of secondary importance. :sick:

Let them grieve in peace. :unhappy:

HRH Kimetha said:
William Wants Hands-On Role in Diana Memorial Fund
I thought it had been decided to close down the memorial fund. :ermm:

Skydragon said:
I thought it had been decided to close down the memorial fund. :ermm:

I thought so too that the fund was being wound down and it wasn't accepting any more donations and was currently dispersing what was left. I would therefore doubt the accuracy of this story.

kpusa1981 said:
Was in she in the Nurses Corps or what? How well did Williamshe really know her while her was a Cadet Officer?
From the article you posted. :flowers:

Second Lieutenant Dyer joined the Intelligence Corps and was attached to 2nd Battalion The Duke of Lancaster’s Regiment.
So the answer to your question is no, she was not in the nursing corp. As with any school, most of the pupils get to know one another and at RMAS, especially in the same intake, they do tend to develop a close friendship. The friends they make at Sandhurst, tend to be friends for life, IME.

Private Eleanor Dlugosz and Corporal O'Neil were in the army medical corp. Kingsman Smith was in the reconnaissance platoon.

Thank you, How is that she was alresdy over there? How long dose the Intelligence Corps training take?

How long does the Intelligence Corps training take?
A reminder this thread is for Prince William's current events.
A thread in Members' Corner would be a better place for general questions on military issues.

thanks.
Warren
British Forums moderator

That is very sad about LT Dyer. There are so many bright, intelligent, young people dying in this pointless war. What makes it so much worse is that the press show us these wonderful "before" pictures, before they went to Iraq and at a time of life when they were so happy and confident and full of ambitions.

Wasn't Dyer the Sword of Honour cadet in William's class?

about the memorial fund, maybe Prince William and his brother want to revive it or start fresh, who knows. The original fund must have been badly managed - no surprises there, with Lady Sarah McQuorquodale, the Egomaniac Earl Spencer, and Paul Burrell closely involved!:lol:
Now that Diana's sons are grown men, they might wish to do what they can to save her memorial fund from total disgrace.:rolleyes:

Officer Cadet Angela Laycock, now Second Lt Laycock won the Sword of Honour in William's class.
Why havn'tthere been any reports of how William doing in his speicalist training?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
.......Why havn'tthere been any reports of how William doing in his speicalist training?
All of the media seem to be compusively glued to train wreck that is 'The Breakup'! :bang:

Life as we know it has obviously ceased to exist. Little things like living are unimportant and eclipsed by fantasy when it comes to the headline and the bottom line. :censored:

Last edited:
If William was really a close friend he should have able to gone to memorial Service her held at some point before the family Funeral. It would been bad if he had gone to the family Funeral since probably like the MoD if William had gone it would turned into media Circus. Was the family just for family at not friends from the Army?

karla64 said:
Prince William stays away from close friend's funeral...

Prince William stays away from close friend's funeral | the Daily Mail
The fact that William felt obliged not to attend a friend's funeral really encapsulates the goldfish bowl in which he is forced to live.:sad:
No wonder he wants to spend more time familiarising himself with the various arms of the Military. Usually they are located in journo-free zones!:lol:

kpusa1981 said:
If William was really a close friend he should have able to gone to memorial Service her held at some point before the family Funeral. It would been bad if he had gone to the family Funeral since probably like the MoD if William had gone it would turned into media Circus. Was the family just for family at not friends from the Army?
Most people have the funeral then the memorial service, if they are going to have one.
The funeral was for close friends and family, which means that they didn't want strangers turning up, the 'rubber neckers' and the media.

HRH Kimetha said:
It just doesn't die down. I'm sure he does miss her and she him. But, life moves on.:)

It has only been a week since the announcement. It will die down but it will probably take a couple of weeks not just one.

chrissy57 said:
It has only been a week since the announcement. It will die down but it will probably take a couple of weeks not just one.

I agree. However, the media will try to millk as much money out of the split as they can.:)

Adam 'Old Mate' Helliker.....Sunday Express
His mates in the Blues & Royals won't have a word said against Prince William after he arranged for his boys to join him for a big treat at Wembley next month. While the prince, as the president of the Football Association, will be in the royal box for the stadium's inaugural game for Chelsea v Manchester United, I hear he is the toast of the officers' mess after securing 12 tickets for his favourite chaps to enjoy the game too. Afterwards they will join him for a night of celebrations depending on which team wins - William is an Aston Villa supporter but also favours Chelsea. Trebles all round!

Last edited:
I've moved some posts about the breakup of William and Kate's relationship to this thread, where the discussion of this topic is taking place.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Harewood Estate

Here is an interesting article on Prince William's supposedly Kingly Estate.

Revealed: The renovated estate that was meant to be Prince William and Kate's lovenest

These pictures show the remarkable transformation taking place on the 900 acre Herefordshire estate which, until Prince William's recent split with girlfriend Kate Middleton, was rumoured to be their home together after their marriage. The Harewood Park estate near Ross on Wye was acquired by Prince Charles' Duchy of Cornwall in 2000 and work on the massive renovation began three years later.
Scroll down for more...

Revealed: The renovated estate that was meant to be Prince William and Kate's lovenest | News | This is London

Now which papers assured us that it was going to be their marital home, it looks like they got it wrong again! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom