Prince William Current Events 14: March-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
selrahc4 said:
THERE'S NO DIRT TO DISH
By Andy Martin

ThisIsDorset

Well, so much for William's wild two-timing ways. :rolleyes:

Looks like he's not temperamentally cut out for having a woman at every port.

Which Kate probably is very thankful for.

I don't think it remarkable that a young man, out with his friends, meets up with some young women and shares dances, drinks, photos, etc. In the photo William certainly looks as if he's had a few too many drinks, but I'm convinced that his hand has rested where it has, inadvertently. I wouldn't mind betting that he removed it within a second when he realised where it had rested, but that wouldn't have made such a good photo. Actually, last Friday night the exact same thing happened to me. The man, in my case, was acutely embarrassed and removed his hand very quickly and apologised.

I don't think that partying with a group of people, some of whom are female, is a comment on his relationship with Kate in any way. What? Can't he ever go out and have fun unless she's with him? That would be unreasonable, in my view.

PRINCE WILLIAM 'BREAST FEEL' PHOTO PUBLISHED

British royal PRINCE WILLIAM has some explaining to do when he next sees girlfriend KATE MIDDLETON

I was watching the paper review last night and even the reviewers said that it appeared to be an accident and that the girls statement sounded more as if it had been written by the 48 year old reporter!

As Polly has said, these things happen. William can't win, he like his brother tries for a little normality and gets slammed. When 2 young women ask if they can have their photo taken with him, he agrees, nobody notices where anyones hands are momentarily and they get lucky and sell it to the highest bidder! :neutral:

That or as some will suggest, he is an absolute sleaze, who not only cheats on his unworthy girlfriend, but misuses his position to grope every girl in sight! :lol:

Last edited:
Unfortunately the last is kind of a royal tradition, but I'm grinding all the gears in the effort to give him the benefit of the doubt. :p

Poor William and Kate. What a load of rubbish these latest stories have been!

Last edited:
I don't think he was grabbing her breast, if you look closely his hand is next/near/under her breast, but never touching it. He's more "grabbing" one of her ribs than her breast. Plus, the girl isn't that big chested as you can see in the photo where she posses.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH WILLIAM?!. It is understandable this trashy women, because that is what they are take it as a description not an insult; want their 15 minutes of fame at his expenses, but doesnt he know better by now?. I mean he is not an inocent boy any more he is 24 almost 25, you can say without mistake he is man. I'm very dissapointed of him. He should be more careful,at 24 you know exactly how much alcohol takes to get you drunk and you know how to say no more.

I constatly defend him on his partying because I understand he wants to have fun, I'm around the same age than him so I truly understand, but I think this a)disrespectful to Kate who is his official girlfriend (just put your self in her shoes, I would be so mad at him) and b)a lack of responsability from his side, he should know a cel phone pic will end up next day in the papers! Come on! I´m so angry at him!

And to BINKY; that said something about mistress, I hope you are as tolerant with your partner in your personal life :D

Last edited:
avrilo said:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH WILLIAM?!. It is understandable this trashy women, because that is what they are take it as a description not an insult; want their 15 minutes of fame at his expenses, but doesnt he know better by now?. I mean he is not an inocent boy any more he is 24 almost 25, you can say without mistake he is man. I'm very dissapointed of him. He should be more careful,at 24 you know exactly how much alcohol takes to get you drunk and you know how to say no more.

I constatly defend him on his partying because I understand he wants to have fun, I'm around the same age than him so I truly understand, but I think this a)disrespectful to Kate who is his official girlfriend (just put your self in her shoes, I would be so mad at him) and b)a lack of responsability from his side, he should know a cel phone pic will end up next day in the papers! Come on! I´m so angry at him!

And to BINKY; that said something about mistress, I hope you are as tolerant with your partner in your personal life :D

It's so out of character for him, one wonders if someone slipped something in his drink.:ohmy:

CasiraghiTrio said:
It's so out of character for him, one wonders if someone slipped something in his drink.:ohmy:
I don't think it is out of character. We've all seen plenty of pictures of a 'tipsy' William leaving some night spot or other. I think this time, the only difference was that we've seen some kind of incriminating photos of him inside the club.
I think these photos and stories show that William is still a young man who wnats to go out, have fun, have a drink etc. I'm sure he still loves Kate but what young man isn't going to be flattered when an attractive girl shows a bit of interest in you, especially when you've had a few beers or whatever.:)

I think he needs to include a few more naysayers and a few fewer syncophants in his entourage. And by naysayers I don't mean like press people who hate the monarchy bar none, just people who aren't afraid to tell him what he doesn't want to hear, because judging from his actions over the past few years, he doesn't have nearly enough of those around him. Having people who are constantly agreeing that you're the greatest thing ever is just as damaging as being surrounded by constant critique. It's why so many celebrities are so messed up, and I'd hate to see him (and Harry!) go down that path.

Solange said:
I don't think he was grabbing her breast, if you look closely his hand is next/near/under her breast, but never touching it. He's more "grabbing" one of her ribs than her breast. Plus, the girl isn't that big chested as you can see in the photo where she posses.

I totally agree. Seems like people are making too much of it. I think that he was probably drunk and wasn't paying attention and got close to accidently touching it, but it doesn't look like he actually is.
And I'm glad the other girl set the record straight!
The tabloids try so hard to make William seem like a bad guy! So unfair to him.

True you feel bad for him because every other regular person does it all the time if you look at it, and some even get a way with worse and still go unoticed. but lets face it he's always in the spot light no matter if he likes it or not, so of course everyone makes a big deal out of the little things that are "out of character" for a royal. they're suppose to be prim and proper in our eyes, with all the manners and blah blah blah that money can buy. i mean if you look at it, they're always being judge for even picking up rubbish and throwing it away. all the media is doing is trying to get money, and since prince william is one of the hot news at the moment of course every juicy tidbit they can get on him when he wants to have fun and unwind will be in the news. it's how some nosey people earn a living around hear. if you look at it, will and kate have been going together for a while so this little article thing should be something that helps their relationship mature and not fall apart. i mean if they wanna get married and stay together happily they're gonna look at this like a speed bump in the road and nothing more if they really love each other. because of course lets face it, there is going to be a whole lot more of it coming around, especially if they marry in the future and when they are newly weds and all that stuff. it's just how life is, and i'm sure that kate should know by now when you get involved with a royal you have to take all the trash that comes along with it (^-^)...thanks for listening to my ravings

I think the whole thing is pretty funny. All of a sudden, golden boy is not in the news for his likely...soon to be announced...eventual engagement to Miss Middleton. From what I see in the photo, given his towering over the lady in his hand, it could be totally an accidental thing because she was leaning forward. Judging from the Sun article, the young lady doesn't sound like she was that offended by the "groping". Too bad she didn't punch him out over the incident. Personally, I think that photo would have worth a lot more.

It just seems out of character for him to be so careless. I know he has many times been photographed inebriated but in the past it was either outside the club (leaving or in the car) or it was from a small distance in the club, as the pic was taken far away by someone clubbing there but not necessarily schmoozing with him. This time the phone pic comes from a person making somewhat intimate contact, hugging and he is posing for the pic, even smiling, happy to be photographed on her phone. That seems out of character. Maybe it's not. This is just how I am perceiving things.

From the looks of the pihoto, he draped his arm around the women so they could get their picture taken.

Where his hand landed, I think was incidental. Perhaps not to the girl whose breast it was but at least I don't think it was William's intention.

ysbel said:
From the looks of the pihoto, he draped his arm around the women so they could get their picture taken.

Where his hand landed, I think was incidental. Perhaps not to the girl whose breast it was but at least I don't think it was William's intention.

If William wanted, he could have every night another girl. And discreetly so. So why should he do something so stupid in public?

Ysbel, I agree with you that it wasn't intentional. Could be that William lookalike?

ysbel said:

I agree, entirely.

Looking at the photo, both of William's arms are around the two women at exactly the same angle and position. One woman was much shorter than t'other, hence the boo-boo, so to speak.

The photo was unfortunate for William, but I, for one, can't possibly believe that he consciously grabbed the smaller woman's breast. Really, why would he, knowing that every move he makes is subject to so much gossip and speculation.

This time, my sympathies are entirely with the prince. I just don't believe that William is a sleaze.

Incas said:
I think the whole thing is pretty funny. All of a sudden, golden boy is not in the news for his likely...soon to be announced...eventual engagement to Miss Middleton. From what I see in the photo, given his towering over the lady in his hand, it could be totally an accidental thing because she was leaning forward. Judging from the Sun article, the young lady doesn't sound like she was that offended by the "groping". Too bad she didn't punch him out over the incident. Personally, I think that photo would have worth a lot more.
I think the story is funny also. The Sun, which is the most creditable paper in the UK:lol: released it. It doesn't look like he was trying to purpose grab her boob and she did sound very excited about the whole experience. It looks a little like his had just "happened" there. Either way its still very funny.

I don't feel sorry for him. He might not have been paying attention to where his hand was but it is b/c he was drunk as a skunk! Why can't he just go out and have a couple of drinks. Why does he have to get hammered???

Yes many people can say that they have had too much on a rare occasion but when you are frequently being photographed coming out of clubs heavily inebriated it becomes a problem. I don't think peopple would be as sympathetic if Crown Pss. Victoria, or some other princess, was pictured doing the same.

Last edited:
It just really is no big deal to me. And I read quotes where Kate basically is quoted through friends as having expressed the same. Her friends have apparently said that she expects women to throw themselves at him, it means nothing to her.

If she really said this, she is 45, not 25. Because that is forward thinking for someone as inexperienced as she is. Thank God there are no stories of histrionics with ultimatims from her. I like her more each day. So what, William had too much to drink and was taking pics with hooches in a club? Big deal. Stevie Wonder would know those girls meant nothing to him. I'd rather see him mixing with people as opposed to stories of him being standoffish, roped behind some private "reserved" section of some club, too good or too afraid to mingle with the unwashed.

Thumbs up to you, Kate.;)

If Kate was able to say "You know what, I know that women want him and they're going to make their presence known to him and I just have to accept that and know he wouldn't be unfaithful to me", she's a better woman than I am. I don't know how I would handle seeing a picture of my boyfriend drunk off his tuchus and grabbing the mammary glands of another woman. I'd probably throw things at him and scream for a bit.

Luv2Cruise said:
It just really is no big deal to me. And I read quotes where Kate basically is quoted through friends as having expressed the same. Her friends have apparently said that she expects women to throw themselves at him, it means nothing to her.

If she really said this, she is 45, not 25. Because that is forward thinking for someone as inexperienced as she is. Thank God there are no stories of histrionics with ultimatims from her. I like her more each day. So what, William had too much to drink and was taking pics with hooches in a club? Big deal. Stevie Wonder would know those girls meant nothing to him. I'd rather see him mixing with people as opposed to stories of him being standoffish, roped behind some private "reserved" section of some club, too good or too afraid to mingle with the unwashed.

I must say I agree with your thoughts Luv2Cruise. ;) I think Catherine has taken a mature and practical attitude towards this situation. I really believe that the placement of Prince William's hand was accidental, and the tabloids have sensationalised events as usual.

It's excellent that Catherine probably realizes this and hasn't reacted to the tabloid journalism. She seems to have a very steady head on her shoulders. I also agree that it's good public relations for Prince William to mingle with the locals and it's great that Catherine is able to put this incident into context.

Luv2Cruise said:
Great post and one of the few voices of reason! :flowers:

I was in Elements last night and they are certainly enjoying the publicity Prince William has given them. I lost count of the number of times the DJ mentioned William; either telling us that he had danced on the podium to a certain song, or which podium he had danced on or for the ladies to go there tonight incase he made a repeat appearance. A little sad but understandable I think.

I would hope that he has learned his lesson and isn't planning on a repeat performance of last weekend. You are right though that it is sad that so many people are just looking for an opportunity to make money or get their 5 minutes of fame through his mistakes.

I Think its funny that the people who critisize him probably go to clubs ect ect or at least have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom