The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Nobility

He is an Army officer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
I don`t know if this unusual that a prince has his own apartment!!!
I also feel to ask a question? What prince william does for living"job"? apart from being a prince>>>>
will don`t be shocked of my Q there is not many Royal around here

Old 05-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Commoner

Is this his job permenantly or he is just training
I wander if he once in the past work in a bank
I am not sure

Old 05-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality
Is this his job permenantly or he is just training
I wander if he once in the past work in a bank
I am not sure
he has to serve for a certain amount of years
Old 05-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

So Wills has a bachelor pad, eh? What are the odds he has a black leather couch, and leopard-print sheets?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
So Wills has a bachelor pad, eh? What are the odds he has a black leather couch, and leopard-print sheets?
Maybe a red light?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Gentry

Secure or not, I wish they didn't always feel the need to give us details like the first article that said he will live on the 9th floor. At least they didn't give the exact number.

I guess Anne lived in this building once too.

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Columnists :: Wills gets his own city pad
Old 05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Remember on "Friends" when Joey became successful and moved into his own apartment? Remember the apartment? I bet that's how it will look!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrn
Secure or not, I wish they didn't always feel the need to give us details like the first article that said he will live on the 9th floor. At least they didn't give the exact number.

I guess Anne lived in this building once too.

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Columnists :: Wills gets his own city pad

Especially since the building could be bombed or such, whether it is determined to be ultra secure or not. I can imagine how this news sits with some of his enemies or UK enemies.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
he has to serve for a certain amount of years
Really? I didnt lnow that! Does anyone know maybe how many?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Especially since the building could be bombed or such, whether it is determined to be ultra secure or not. I can imagine how this news sits with some of his enemies or UK enemies.
It's not dangerous? It's a big place, many appartamentes. And securitY?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givenchy
Really? I didnt lnow that! Does anyone know maybe how many?
The minimum is normally 3 years, but William will be spending some of his 3 years with the RAF and the Navy.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Commoner

This is all new to me, so thanks for the info!
Old 05-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

So what will come after Army, Navy then RAF Vise Versa Will he still be in the Army while at the other Branches as well lol Hope that made since :)
Old 05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

I understand that he may do officer training at each discipline.

He will still be an Army officer when he has finished and even though he will not have been at an army barracks, it will still count as time served in the army.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Gentry

Weren't there rumors at one point that William might go somewhere for a couple of months, I believe it was Northern Ireland, after he finished with his current training course this summer. Have we heard anymore about that?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

After the Harry drama I doubt the military will be telegraphing William's deployments too far in advance.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I understand that he may do officer training at each discipline.

He will still be an Army officer when he has finished and even though he will not have been at an army barracks, it will still count as time served in the army.
That doesn't mean he has to do some sort of "basic training" course does it? Or, does it mean he will just chose a discipline in each service and pursue that? I'm not sure how the British does their interdiscipline service training.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Basic training for Army and RAF is roughly the same.

It will depend how much of an insight he will be offered. Charles got his wings and to do that he had to have a shortened officer course. The normal course for the RAF is 30 weeks, Doctors/Dentists take a shortened course of 12 weeks. Allowing that he will already have done 'man management' and basic logistics, a shorter course should (as he won't be a serving officer in the RAF) suit him.

I'm sure he doesn't see himself flying one of the new Typhoons, which involves more than sitting behind the controls and letting the computer do the work.

Airsea rescue crews are for instance, given a variety of training, it's not much good to anyone if they are out searching and the winchman becomes injured, or the pilot/navigator has a heart attack and nobody else can do the job.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Courtier

I found some pics of william's new flat(Apartment) actually from the royalist..

the flat what look like... here is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ome290507d.jpg

Look nice place huh??
Old 05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the pictures. Although, the building definitely doesn't look new from the outside, the inside looks like it has been taken care of.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william