Prince William Current Events 15: May-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is just making hype for the up coming interview.

William should stop being treated like a child, he is a grown man.

That's what a couple of us have already said.

What does Prince William actually say about Kate? Does anyone even know? The truth is no one knows until the interveiw airs.

But that little piece of information did exaclty what it was supposed to do. People are now curious about what William might or might not have said. They will want to watch the interview to see what is in it.

Don't know much about television other places but in the US you see little promos for news stories and shows all the time. Usually you are disappointed because the actual story was nothing like what the promo suggested.

kjrn said:
But that little piece of information did exaclty what it was supposed to do. People are now curious about what William might or might not have said. They will want to watch the interview to see what is in it.

Don't know much about television other places but in the US you see little promos for news stories and shows all the time. Usually you are disappointed because the actual story was nothing like what the promo suggested.
when is this thing going to air? or has it already?

It is meant to coincide with the Memorial Concert on 1st of July.

We seem to be talking about two different things to my mind.

One is how William should have handled a question asked.

The other is whether the question should have been asked in the first place.

How William handled it should have no bearing on whether the question should have been asked (assuming it ever was of course).

To me there is a major issue if CH and the network agreed to a series of questions/topics then those are the questions/topics that should have been asked/raised.

The Network knows how impressive it is to have an exclusive interview with a member of the RF and to blow the chance of another one through asking unapproved questions is just plain stupid in my opinion.

I would expect William to deal with the question as a grown man but he shouldn't have been put in the position of answering it in the first place (assuming the question was ever asked of course.

The network is loving all of this hype for the William interview, the network is worse then the rags when it comes to news.

Oh that will be an interesting interview... perhaps something along the lines of Bridget Jones' interview with Mr Darcy...

"What is your favorite color"

"What is it like to kiss kate?"

"What is it like to be a prince?"

ugh.

The BBC gave the interview to Fearne Cotton, she is the same age as the princes and can better relate to the issues facing the 20 something age group, then say a veteran journalist.

I don't think someone who is the same age as the princes has been in broadcast journalism long enough to acquire a reputation that would put them in line to actually interview someone that high-profile. Usually interviews like that are done by the best at the network....is that really her?

Why would they give a no name reporter a chance to do a major royal interview? It seems rash and irresponsible for the network to risk messing up a royal interview, when they know this is there one and only chance to get it done correctly. If the interview flops it will be aired around the world, to the embarrassment of the reporter, the network and most importantly the royal family themselves.

Last edited:
I just said something similar to that. It seems odd they'd give someone that young an interview that high-profile.

Maybe her network connections helped her get the interview?

It shouldn't go to someone who has the best connections. It should go to the most respected reporter there or someone with a lot of experience. You'd never see some no-name interviewing the President.

They are using this no name to create hype for the interview. At the last minute there will be a change to a respected journalist.

Maybe she did a good interview, and she deserves the chance.

Last edited:
Her interviewing skills don't seem to be all that great according to the article.

Why was she chosen to do the interview?

Who decides on the reporter that will interview the Royal Family?

What is the protocol for a royal interview?

karla64 said:
Fearne Cotton given the royal interview... Idon't know her very well..

Anger at BBC as Radio 1's Fearne Cotton given royal interview | the Daily Mail

It looks like she's a British radio DJ. Oh dear, I hope in trying to make William seem current, hip and with-it, Clarence House doesn't end up making him look foolish.

Its unfair but older folks have less patience with the foibles of 20-somethings even some innocent ones - especially if the twenty-somethings are in line for the throne.

Maybe I took the article wrong, but I didn't think it was Clarence House's decision to choose her. It sound like it was the BBC's decision to choose her over other journalists.

The comments that go with the article seem to be that readers think the BBC isn't taking the interview serious since they chose her.

They want the DJ to make William appear he is connected to the average person. He will never be connected BECAUSE he is a royal.

cowarth said:
They want the DJ to make William appear he is connected to the average person. He will never be connected BECAUSE he is a royal.

I don't think that's why they chose her.

karla64 said:
Fearne Cotton given the royal interview... Idon't know her very well
She should do well by BBC standards, after all she did do some childrens programs and 'love island'! :beamup: :sick:

At least it's not Michael Parkinson. His usual line of questioning is, "So, you're beloved by us all, you're a national treasure and you fart to the tunes of Rodgers and Hammerstein - why are you so utterly godlike?". Silly sycophant. Fearne Cotton couldn't carry and interview in a bucket but we'll see how she does.

kjrn said:
Maybe I took the article wrong, but I didn't think it was Clarence House's decision to choose her. It sound like it was the BBC's decision to choose her over other journalists.

The comments that go with the article seem to be that readers think the BBC isn't taking the interview serious since they chose her.

You're probably right, kjrn, but I think Clarence House could have nixed the interview if they thought the BBC wasn't taking it seriously enough.

Apparently Clarence House had no qualms about the young woman interviewing William. That is what is disappointing.

Ysbel, I hadn't thought of it from that point of you. You are right. The royal family and Clarence House probably could have taken some action to have a different interviewer chosen.

There is still a chance that this isn't set in stone. Many of these stories either don't happen or don't happen quite as originally reported.

Thanks for your insight.

The place is ultra-safe according to the article. Perhaps safe enough for he and Kate to continue their relationship. But, it's a wait and see and, if they are meant for each other, they will be back together.:)

I don`t know if this unusual that a prince has his own apartmen:ermm:t!!!
I also feel :whistling: to ask a question? What prince william does for living"job"? apart from being a prince>>>>
will don`t be shocked of my Q there is not many Royal around here:crown7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom