The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Cowley
Is this all these two do - is go to night clubs? Good grief. Such a wonderful example by the one who will one day be Supreme Governor of the Church of England.
Not that comment aain!. We have pictures of them clubbing but I highly doubt is all they do!, it is just where the paparazzis can find them!. We also have pics of them trying to open Kate´s house, in polo matches, in their car. I doubt it is easy for them to go for a coffee or to the movies like a normal couple.

And two, you cant build a 4 year relationsip like theirs by all you do is go to night clubs, prince or not... it is common sense they do other things. What do you want¿ pics of them watching a movie on a couch. Come on!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Commoner

They are NOT a normal couple - my point exactly. So, why are they acting like any other bar hopping, egocentric, silly twenty-somethings? Why don't they devote themselves, (and not just for photo-ops,) to some worthy volunteer cause? To me, they just look like a couple of spoiled rich kids who have nothing else to do.

Hardly like the self sacrificing people that William's paternal grandmother, great grandparents and great great grandparents were at his age.

I am ashamed of their behaviour, and can't say too much in their defense to the republicans who want to get rid of the monarchy.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

There is that whole "army" thing you may have heard of....
Old 02-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Commoner

Oh yes - the 'army' thing, which I have heard of - as said by a previous poster, the 'army' thing entails him working 8:15 to about 4:45, with weekends off. Not too terribly strenuous. Oh, but of course, I forgot that he is probably pretty busy playing polo, surfing in the Caribbean, and killing things on Granny's estate.

It just bothers me that he should be providing a GOOD example, rather than coming across as a gad-about! There are plenty of really good examples of people his age who are selfless, thoughtful, and into doing good works. He is just not measuring up to his Grandmother's standards.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He is just not measuring up to his Grandmother's standards.
You have some good points, however, I dont think he should be living up to his grandmother's standards at his age! Shes 80 and he is 24 or something, its not a cool look to be like his grandmother at his age.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Commoner

Australian, your post made me laugh! Thanks!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

And to be less flip about it, realistically people are going to have a problem no matter what path he chooses. If he goes too far down the traditional royal path he'll have people crawling up his rear about how boring and staid he is and why can't he be more interesting and fun like Diana?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:00 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
I am ashamed of their behaviour, and can't say too much in their defense to the republicans who want to get rid of the monarchy.
Can I ask what's so terrible about going to a nightclub? Why do you feel the need to be ashamed? Are the republicans really gearing up for an assault on the institution of the monarchy because William and his girlfriend... go to a nightclub?

Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh went to nightclubs. The monarchy survived.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

William went to a nightclub? Oh my call the press. He's 24 years old....he's going to go out and have a good time when he gets a chance. What would you have him do? Sit by the fire and knit an afghan?

He's a young man, and he's going to do what young men do. Being royal doesn't mean he's not human.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 02-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Why don't they devote themselves, (and not just for photo-ops,) to some worthy volunteer cause?
as has been pointed out in previous posts, she's under no obligation to do anything as she's a private citizen.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh yes - the 'army' thing, which I have heard of - as said by a previous poster, the 'army' thing entails him working 8:15 to about 4:45, with weekends off. Not too terribly strenuous. Oh, but of course, I forgot that he is probably pretty busy playing polo, surfing in the Caribbean, and killing things on Granny's estate.
In the British Army, William will certainly not be working 8.15 to 16.45. He won't be entitled to every weekend or every evening off either. Polo will be played for the army team or charity, during the season. He is entitled to have a life away from the army, with more retrictions than any 'ordinary' officer would tolerate.

They go out when they are able, together, to a nightclub, so what, I would worry if he was stood around on street corners!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William, Prince Harry and Kate Middleton watched England - Italy Six Nations international rugby union match at Twickenham in London February 10, 2007.

Pictures:
William and Kate
William and Kate 2
William and Kate 3
William and Kate 4
William and Kate 5 (they are so exited because Jason Robinson scores the first try)

Harry, William and Kate
Harry, William and Kate 2
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

More pictures of Prince William and Kate from getty and Yahoo! news.

William and Kate
William and Kate 2
William and Kate 3

Harry, William and Kate
Harry, William and Kate 2
Harry, William and Kate 3

Prince William, centre, takes part in a 'Mexican wave'
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Commoner

Isn't William already involved with several charities, such as Centrepoint? I would think that would be a point in his favor...
Old 02-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder why Harry's wearing his iPod headphones at the game.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

nice pictures of the lovely couple!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Commoner

Oh, of course, he not only is busy with the army, polo playing, pub crawling, and shooting things at Granny's estate, but he is also so busy watching rugby! He should watch himself - it wouldn't do to overwork at such a tender age.

I know I am being sarcastic, but it is for a purpose...it just seems that his life is so centred around personal pleasures. Juxtapose this with the present Queen's words when she was younger than him: ""I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations."

This devotion to her kingdom is admirable; she has been self-sacrificing for so many years, and the young Royals seem so self-centred.

I hope they change - but if they don't, I fear for the monarchy.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The problem is, what exactly is Prince William's function? We have a Queen, who still does more duties then most members of the Royal Family. We have the Prince of Wales, who fulfils all possible duties of the Prince of Wales, plus his own charities (like the Prince's Trust), we have the Queen's children (especially Princess Anne, one of the most hard-working royals), who each fulfil their public functions most admirably. And we have a young man, who's destinied to become King one day, but he isn't even the Prince of Wales.

Naturally, Prince William and Prince Harry (both training in the army, by the way, which is quite hard) are going to have very limited public functions these days. And I suppose Prince William is living his life to the fullest, until the time he is next in the line.
It's just my opinion.

Gallery of Pictures from getty.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Nobility

Aww William and Kate look so cute. I love it when people get into sports.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Nobility

Nice to see them out together, is it just the light in the picture or is Kate's hair darker?

Not even Prince William could get me to watch Rugby, glad Kate shares his interest.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william