Prince William Current Events 13: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Kimetha said:
Even here in the United States (even though I know who the man is and still didn't watch Miami Vice or any other shows he was on), there are some people who don't know who he is.

One should not forget that Don Johnson has enough money and is prominent/presentable enough to be allowed to enter this nightclub. There he did what the club is for: he amused himself - on dancing. He did not introduce himself to the prince and he did not go public with the fact that he spent time in the same place as the prince. He was just there at the same time than the prince, payed for his drinks and had fun.

Now a tabloid comes, invents and prints a story about this coincidence and people start talking about "this oldtimer" and "who is he anyway".... Undeserved by Don Johnson, who some recall as a good singer and an attractive actor who has done his shares in promoting charities over the years and who has any right to go into a nightclub if he likes to do that. ;)

Jo of Palatine said:
Now a tabloid comes, invents and prints a story about this coincidence and people start talking about "this oldtimer" and "who is he anyway ;)
But Jo, you are preaching to someone who, while he was in Fort William filming Braveheart, shouted at Mel Gibson to get out of the blo*dy way, when he 'strolled' in front of the car! :lol:

How lovely. I tell you what, why don't have Godparent Factor? Then William and 11 other Royals can compete each week and the public can vote for which one they want. Pathetic. Why do these people think a) the Royal Family want anything to do them and b) we want to hear about their babies. She kissed Prince Charles once, now she's bosom pals with William? Give me a break.

Skydragon said:
But Jo, you are preaching to someone who, while he was in Fort William filming Braveheart, shouted at Mel Gibson to get out of the blo*dy way, when he 'strolled' in front of the car! :lol:
My hero. :lol:

I've just deleted a couple of posts because they were slagging off another forum. It's fine to discuss and/or criticise conversations which take place at other forums, but we don't allow bashing of the forums themselves.

Here's the relevant rule:

Discussion of other forums should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

christinacg said:
That can't be true. Do they even know each other that well? I doubt it!
The get out is in the use of the word 'apparently', apparently! :flowers:

I think if I was Prince William and had his money I would look into hair replacement. But maybe it will not bother him.

I always wondered why some of William's Windsor's male relatives did not look into hair replacement as well as the Prince of Monaco.:neutral:

A balding guy who's confident is always more sexy than a jerk with hair plugs.:wub:

kate look radiant, they look so good togheter

Prince William is starting to look at lot like Prince Edward to me nowdays. Does anyone else see that? It's not a BAD thing, it's just something I'm noticing more and more in pictures of him. :)

Izzysamos said:
Prince William is starting to look at lot like Prince Edward to me nowdays. Does anyone else see that? It's not a BAD thing, it's just something I'm noticing more and more in pictures of him. :)

Now that you mention it yes, and Ed looks like a blonde version of Charles. In Spanish we call it "family´s air" of course if you looks pics of Di, he looks a lot like her too.

In this pics to me he looks wasted or at least with a few drinks... I wouldnt let him drive if I were Kate, luckily they have all that staff. And she looks beautiful

Chiyo said:
A balding guy who's confident is always more sexy than a jerk with hair plugs.:wub:

Agreed....nothing wrong with William losing his hair. I'm just shocked by how fast it's going.

I've always been told that baldness is caused by overproduction of testosterone...now that's sexy!!!

I think Wills will look OK with less hair anyway!

Is this all these two do - is go to night clubs? Good grief. Such a wonderful example by the one who will one day be Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

Lord of Cowley said:
Is this all these two do - is go to night clubs? Good grief. Such a wonderful example by the one who will one day be Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

Not that comment aain!. We have pictures of them clubbing but I highly doubt is all they do!, it is just where the paparazzis can find them!. We also have pics of them trying to open Kate´s house, in polo matches, in their car. I doubt it is easy for them to go for a coffee or to the movies like a normal couple.

And two, you cant build a 4 year relationsip like theirs by all you do is go to night clubs, prince or not... it is common sense they do other things. What do you want¿ pics of them watching a movie on a couch. Come on!

They are NOT a normal couple - my point exactly. So, why are they acting like any other bar hopping, egocentric, silly twenty-somethings? Why don't they devote themselves, (and not just for photo-ops,) to some worthy volunteer cause? To me, they just look like a couple of spoiled rich kids who have nothing else to do.

Hardly like the self sacrificing people that William's paternal grandmother, great grandparents and great great grandparents were at his age.

I am ashamed of their behaviour, and can't say too much in their defense to the republicans who want to get rid of the monarchy.

There is that whole "army" thing you may have heard of....

Oh yes - the 'army' thing, which I have heard of - as said by a previous poster, the 'army' thing entails him working 8:15 to about 4:45, with weekends off. Not too terribly strenuous. Oh, but of course, I forgot that he is probably pretty busy playing polo, surfing in the Caribbean, and killing things on Granny's estate.

It just bothers me that he should be providing a GOOD example, rather than coming across as a gad-about! There are plenty of really good examples of people his age who are selfless, thoughtful, and into doing good works. He is just not measuring up to his Grandmother's standards.

Lord of Cowley said:
He is just not measuring up to his Grandmother's standards.

You have some good points, however, I dont think he should be living up to his grandmother's standards at his age! Shes 80 and he is 24 or something, its not a cool look to be like his grandmother at his age.

And to be less flip about it, realistically people are going to have a problem no matter what path he chooses. If he goes too far down the traditional royal path he'll have people crawling up his rear about how boring and staid he is and why can't he be more interesting and fun like Diana?

Lord of Cowley said:
I am ashamed of their behaviour, and can't say too much in their defense to the republicans who want to get rid of the monarchy.
Can I ask what's so terrible about going to a nightclub? Why do you feel the need to be ashamed? Are the republicans really gearing up for an assault on the institution of the monarchy because William and his girlfriend... go to a nightclub?

Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh went to nightclubs. The monarchy survived.

William went to a nightclub? Oh my call the press. He's 24 years old....he's going to go out and have a good time when he gets a chance. What would you have him do? Sit by the fire and knit an afghan?

He's a young man, and he's going to do what young men do. Being royal doesn't mean he's not human.

Lord of Cowley said:
Why don't they devote themselves, (and not just for photo-ops,) to some worthy volunteer cause?

as has been pointed out in previous posts, she's under no obligation to do anything as she's a private citizen.

Lord of Cowley said:
Oh yes - the 'army' thing, which I have heard of - as said by a previous poster, the 'army' thing entails him working 8:15 to about 4:45, with weekends off. Not too terribly strenuous. Oh, but of course, I forgot that he is probably pretty busy playing polo, surfing in the Caribbean, and killing things on Granny's estate.

In the British Army, William will certainly not be working 8.15 to 16.45. He won't be entitled to every weekend or every evening off either. Polo will be played for the army team or charity, during the season. He is entitled to have a life away from the army, with more retrictions than any 'ordinary' officer would tolerate.

They go out when they are able, together, to a nightclub, so what, I would worry if he was stood around on street corners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom