The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsy
Is drinking the only past time of the young royals? If they keep up this rate they'll surely wear out their kidneys.
I dont think is all they do, we´ve seen pics of Wills playin sports, it takes some practice and what the hell they are youn and havin fun, if not now when! and is not like we have pictures of this every day, we see them happy and they never walk out wasted. I think you exagerate a bit

Now... a question to the brits in the forum... is it cold or hot, the security people is wearing jackets and hats, and Kate´s dress (beautiful btw) looks so fresh as if she was in a very hot place. I´m confused about the weather there. If it was cold wasnt she must be freeezin!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

nive pictures of William and Kate

Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Now... a question to the brits in the forum... is it cold or hot, the security people is wearing jackets and hats, and Kate´s dress (beautiful btw) looks so fresh as if she was in a very hot place. I´m confused about the weather there. If it was cold wasnt she must be freeezin!
It has been around 8 - 10 centigrade (46 - 54f, I think) in central London, although it seems to be turning a bit nippy now, they were talking about a frost tonight.
The security men probably have to stand around a lot and you tend to get a bit cooler if you don't move about, Catherine and William would have warmed up with all the dancing and of course with all the other people in the club.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Nobility

this is from Royal Forum - Index
Boujis it is again « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Does anyone agree many of these posters?
What I think is that about three or four week since they had gone clubbing so as long as William was breaking rules by being out it is fine. To me William did not appear drunk. Besides which like he hasn't been doing what he is supposed to do in Army as far as is known and there have been pictures of of doing runs or marchs.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

I'm sure the press have been dying for the couple to be at a club. With the ban on paparazzi photos of Kate, there has been almost no coverage on her since her birthday. Looks to me they had a great time at the party. Isn't it great to be young and carefree! Freezing or not, Kate looked fabulous in that dress.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think it's any different from how things were done way back when, what with society balls and gentleman's clubs and women's societies and all the rest. There just wasn't a) constant paparazzi attention and b) a desire to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Edit: What in the... wha??? The Sun Online - News: Is it a bird? Is it a Prince?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
What I think is that about three or four week since they had gone clubbing so as long as William was breaking rules by being out it is fine. To me William did not appear drunk. Besides which like he hasn't been doing what he is supposed to do in Army as far as is known and there have been pictures of of doing runs or marchs.
As long as he doesn't commit any crimes and he is not in uniform, he can get drunk, if he wants to off duty, as far as the army is concerned.
He had best enjoy himself while he is young, you are a long time dead!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William undertook his first assignment as new Vice Royal Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union by attending the Six Nations rugby union match between Wales and Ireland.

Pictures:
Prince William
Prince William with rugby player Gareth Thomas
Prince William with Wales' First Minister Rodri Jones
Prince William stands beside a picture of himself
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Nobility

03.02.07 - Wales v Ireland - RBS Six Nations - Prince William inspects the pitch at the Millennium Stadium with WRU and Millennium Stadium, Group Chief Exec. Roger Lewis(L) and WRU Chairman David Pickering (R) before kick off © Huw Evans Picture Agency
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william01.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william02.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william03.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william04.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william05.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william06.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william08.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4william09.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4wlsvire06.jpg
http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/even...4wlsvire07.jpg
Old 02-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince speaks of his passion for sport

PRINCE William took up his role as vice royal patron of the Welsh Rugby Union yesterday, and took the opportunity to speak of his passion for sport.

icWales - Prince speaks of his passion for sport
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He was probably embarrassed for the oldtimer, after all how would William have known who he was or that he was once in a tv series.

Even here in the United States (even though I know who the man is and still didn't watch Miami Vice or any other shows he was on), there are some people who don't know who he is.

In my early 20's and before having a family and realizing the "man" keeps you busy through entertainment, so you don't complain so much about politics, I was a television-holic. Today, I couldn't tell you what's on television much less who the big television stars are over here. In fact, if I ran into one on the streets of Vegas, I wouldn't know if they were even a celebrity! unless someone pointed that person out.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
They should use this picture for the next Madama Trussauds image. He looks almost like a manneguin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimilly
03.02.07 - Wales v Ireland - RBS Six Nations - Prince William inspects the pitch at the Millennium Stadium
Judging by these pictures, it appears (as though we wouldn't have known) that ole William is becoming part of that crust old men club. And, Harry probably had a better time at Twixenham being able to shout and let loose, unlike William who had to sit quietly.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Even here in the United States (even though I know who the man is and still didn't watch Miami Vice or any other shows he was on), there are some people who don't know who he is.
One should not forget that Don Johnson has enough money and is prominent/presentable enough to be allowed to enter this nightclub. There he did what the club is for: he amused himself - on dancing. He did not introduce himself to the prince and he did not go public with the fact that he spent time in the same place as the prince. He was just there at the same time than the prince, payed for his drinks and had fun.

Now a tabloid comes, invents and prints a story about this coincidence and people start talking about "this oldtimer" and "who is he anyway".... Undeserved by Don Johnson, who some recall as a good singer and an attractive actor who has done his shares in promoting charities over the years and who has any right to go into a nightclub if he likes to do that.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Now a tabloid comes, invents and prints a story about this coincidence and people start talking about "this oldtimer" and "who is he anyway
But Jo, you are preaching to someone who, while he was in Fort William filming Braveheart, shouted at Mel Gibson to get out of the blo*dy way, when he 'strolled' in front of the car!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William visits Millennium Stadium

Prince William undertook his first assignment as the new Vice Royal Patron of the Welsh Rugby Union by meeting a cross-section of people from the game in Wales at the end of the RBS Six Nations match against Ireland...William had already seen Wales in action in Cardiff in the past, but Sunday’s visit was his first to the Millennium Stadium for rugby – he attended last year’s FA Cup Final – in his new role.

Picture - Prince William
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William to be godfather to Emma Bunton's baby?

New York, Feb 6 Former Spice girl Emma Bunton, pregnant with her first child with boyfriend Jade Jones, has apparently asked Prince William to be her baby's godfather
Old 02-06-2007, 07:13 AM

How lovely. I tell you what, why don't have Godparent Factor? Then William and 11 other Royals can compete each week and the public can vote for which one they want. Pathetic. Why do these people think a) the Royal Family want anything to do them and b) we want to hear about their babies. She kissed Prince Charles once, now she's bosom pals with William? Give me a break.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
But Jo, you are preaching to someone who, while he was in Fort William filming Braveheart, shouted at Mel Gibson to get out of the blo*dy way, when he 'strolled' in front of the car!
My hero.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've just deleted a couple of posts because they were slagging off another forum. It's fine to discuss and/or criticise conversations which take place at other forums, but we don't allow bashing of the forums themselves.

Here's the relevant rule:

Discussion of other forums should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince William to be godfather to Emma Bunton's baby?

New York, Feb 6 Former Spice girl Emma Bunton, pregnant with her first child with boyfriend Jade Jones, has apparently asked Prince William to be her baby's godfather
That can't be true. Do they even know each other that well? I doubt it!

Tags
prince william