The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
harry in the trooping colour?
Yes, at the Trooping of the Colour. I am just guessing William will attend this year.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Yes, at the Trooping of the Colour. I am just guessing William will attend this year.
thanks,
and the uniform that harry used in the last november for what type of events is?

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
thanks,
and the uniform that harry used in the last november for what type of events is?

The event in November is Remembrance Day - it is the anniversary of the end of fighting in World War I - 11/11/18 - was Armistice Day in that war.

Many countries use that date to remember the dead of all wars.

In Australia and New Zealand it is Anzac Day - 25th April - which is the anniversary of the day that these nations and others invaded Turkey during World War 1 - which is seen in Australia and New Zealand as the day that they took their place in the world of nations and proved themselves capable of fighting in wars as well as the older established powers.

In the US I think the day they remember their war dead and those who were prepared to give their lives for their country is called Veterans' Day but what the date is I don't know.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes yes, the remembrance day in november harry used a unifrom green-brown, wiliam will use the same and wath type of events¿
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Nobility

11/11 is vateran's day in the US.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sunday 4th February

Prince William, Vice Royal Patron, Welsh Rugby Union will attend the Six Nations International Wales v Ireland, Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diar..._64780239.html
Old 01-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William to begin patron duties

The Welsh Rugby Union is delighted to announce that Prince William will officially assume his role as Vice Royal Patron to the Welsh Rugby Union by attending the RBS Six Nations match between Wales and Ireland.The Prince – who has attended two recent events at the Millennium Stadium, the FA Cup Final last season between Liverpool and West Ham and the British and Irish Lions’ pre-tour match against Argentina in May 2005 – will assist the work of Her Majesty The Queen, who continues as Patron of the WRU.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Is William still doing anything with the Football Association (FA) or did he drop that patronage?

I haven't heard anything since he attended one of England's games in the World Cup.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Is William still doing anything with the Football Association (FA) or did he drop that patronage?
I haven't heard anything since he attended one of England's games in the World Cup.
Yes, Prince William is still the President of the English Football Association.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Courtier

I guess it depends if his days off line up with something useful he can do.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some weekends will be free, for him to do what he wants. It is only if there are 'exercises' (or a threat) that all weekend leave is cancelled. He can put in a request to have certain weekends off or arrange a swap with another JO.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Nobility

Harry's late night lifestyle takes its toll | the Daily Mail
His elder brother, Prince William, who joined the regiment in January after graduating from Sandhurst, was more fortunate. Although he should have been on the march as well, he was kept back in barracks on other duties.
Skydragon, would Prince William do runs with Prince Harry? Could William have ligiment duties at Barracks that would keep from doing this run if William was supposed to do it?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Prince William, who joined the regiment in January after graduating from Sandhurst, was more fortunate. Although he should have been on the march as well, he was kept back in barracks on other duties.
Is the Mail suggesting that the barracks are left empty when photo's are taken of a few men out on a run?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William will attend Wales v Ireland Six Nations match

Prince William will attend the Wales v Ireland game next weekend in his first role as the vice royal patron to the WRU.
While in Cardiff, the prince will meet players, volunteers and coaches from the community game, as well as elite young players, injured and former players, referees and supporters of Welsh rugby.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:24 PM

I was wondering, does anyone know if Trooping the Color will be shown in the US?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Nobility

That would be nice, but I don't think so. We very rarely see any news about the royals. OT but Our NBC network's Today Show showed footage of Charles and Camilla in Philly (to get some sort of environmental award from Al Gore) and NY this past weekend. They were greeted warmly and Camilla looked lovely. I love to hear Charles speak. Great voice, great accent!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Courtier

William and Kate's future home..

CHARLES GETS GO AHEAD FOR MINI MANSION
Old 01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yet another 'mansion' for William & Catherine!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Is this the third or fourth one now?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Nobility

It's the same one -- at Herefordshire or wherever the site in the country is called. I understand this proposed home is a scaled down version of what Prince Charles had previously envisioned for this property. And it's extremely eco friendly. A previous story about this property also says there is supposed to be an artist's studio on the property. William is an artist???? Or is Kate, the art history major and painter of William in the buff, the artist??? Hmmm.

One of the articles I read says this home is slated to be completed in about 2010. That's odd...same year William will be done with his military commitment -- same year he'll be what -- 28 then, the much cited age that he so famously claimed when he would entertain becoming hitched???

He and Catherine are SO making plans for 2010.

Tags
prince william