Prince William Current Events 14: March-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cowarth said:
William is surrounded by ladies.

And one in particular he is leaning up against her legs and carrying on a conversation with her. Anyone know who this is? A friend of the family maybe? They may also be his friend from either Sandhurst or Dorset.

Richard Kay...Brolly good show!
"BROTHERS in arms Prince Harry and Prince William will parade alongside each other for the first time this week. The two young royals, both Second Lieutenants in the Household Cavalry, will take part in the annual Combined Cavalry Old Comrades Association memorial service in Hyde Park on Sunday, I can reveal. Ironically, Harry will be marching without his fellow Blues and Royals A Squadron colleagues, who have been deployed to Iraq. The 22-year-old Prince’s arrival in the war zone has been postponed because of security fears. Cornet Wales, as Harry is referred to, is due to join his squadron later, after senior officers expressed concern that his presence during the handover between units would be disruptive. The Princes will swop their uniforms for suits, bowler hats and brollies for the parade, to reflect the ‘proper order of dress’ which applied before World War I."

Could the part about Harry being there be made up or a smoke for a Friday deployment wiith Squadron A?

cowarth said:
So William IS NOT getting special treatment?
No he is not getting special treatment, just the same amount of time off that every officer gets. :angel:

^but would he get a special leave to attend football events, this favour would be granted to the President of the FA, not to Prince William.

Idriel said:
^but would he get a special leave to attend football events, this favour would be granted to the President of the FA, not to Prince William.
He is not getting leave, special or not, as the event takes place at the weekend. :bounce:

Could the part about Harry being there be made up or a smoke for a Friday deployment wiith Squadron A?
I do not think the brothers would miss being together for the Combined Cavalry Old Comrades Association memorial service. It sounds like one of the traditional parades where both princes would have to attend.

What training did William recieve in Dorset?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
Richard Kay...Brolly good show!
"BROTHERS in arms Prince Harry and Prince William will parade alongside each other for the first time this week. The two young royals, both Second Lieutenants in the Household Cavalry, will take part in the annual Combined Cavalry Old Comrades Association memorial service in Hyde Park on Sunday, I can reveal. Ironically, Harry will be marching without his fellow Blues and Royals A Squadron colleagues, who have been deployed to Iraq. The 22-year-old Prince’s arrival in the war zone has been postponed because of security fears. Cornet Wales, as Harry is referred to, is due to join his squadron later, after senior officers expressed concern that his presence during the handover between units would be disruptive. The Princes will swop their uniforms for suits, bowler hats and brollies for the parade, to reflect the ‘proper order of dress’ which applied before World War I."

Can't wait to see William wear bowler hat... and see Pics...

Skydragon said:
He is not getting leave, special or not, as the event takes place at the weekend. :bounce:
I know, that is why I used the conditional form.
I was just pointing out that in the hypothetical event of him being granted a leave say, on a Wednesday, it would still be justifiable.:flowers:

Closed Thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread, Part 17, for the current events of Prince William can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom