Prince William Current Events 12: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
theprincess said:
Does anyone know who long Prince William will continue his miltary training and service? A year or so maybe? Just curious how long it will be untill Prince William begins full-time royal duties.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/prince_william_joins_the_household_cavalry_blues_and_royals__206.html
William’s time in the Army will be divided into two parts. He will spend the first year or so continuing his training to become a fully qualified armoured reconnaissance troop leader and experiencing life as a young officer at regimental duty. This will include commanding a troop of twelve Household Cavalrymen both in barracks and in the field.
Following on from this period of regimental service, Prince William will broaden his focus to encompass familiarisation attachments to the other two Armed Services.
He will also spend time in this second period attaining his own personal military goals, which will emerge as his experience of the Army grows and his specific areas of interest develop

Prince William gets 2,50,000 pounds a year Diana allowance

Prince William, the second in line to the British throne, will receive an annual allowance of about 2,50,000 pounds this summer, making him financially independent from his 25th birthday on June 21

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/84864.asp

Chiyo said:
Compensation from whom, exactly? :huh:

Assuming the applicable laws are similar to ours - and they may not be - it would be the insurance company indemnifying the owner of the vehicle whose agent (driver) was responsible for the accident.

I'll be particularly interested to know the basis upon which the damages are to be calculated, and what sort of percentage reduction will be made for contributory negligence.

Skydragon said:
Prince William gets 2,50,000 pounds a year Diana allowance

Prince William, the second in line to the British throne, will receive an annual allowance of about 2,50,000 pounds this summer, making him financially independent from his 25th birthday on June 21

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/84864.asp

I haven't struck this extra comma before and it confuses me. Does this mean 250 thousand pounds, or 2 million 500 thousand pounds, or maybe 2 milllion and 50 thousand pounds?

Last edited by a moderator:
BeatrixFan said:
I find the buzz cuts rather appealling.

Oh yuck, I like men with a little hair. The good Lord doesn't grant a perfectly shaped skull to every man and those to whom He wasn't generous should use some selectively planned follicle camouflage. :lol:

when william have the money, he will be absolotly indepedent of the royal family (queen and charles money)?

Roslyn said:
I haven't struck this extra comma before and it confuses me. Does this mean 250 thousand pounds, or 2 million 500 thousand pounds, or maybe 2 milllion and 50 thousand pounds?

It is the measly sum of £250,000 or one quarter of a million GBP. :flowers:

Closed thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for Prince William current events can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom