Old 12-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Get engaged or cool it with Kate, aides tell Officer William
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Get engaged or cool it with Kate, aides tell Officer William
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...iam/article.do

Old 01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know when William be starting his training at Bovington?

Old 01-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Cops on go-slow over William
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007000096,00.html
Old 01-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Nobility

Skydragon, will William be starting his training at Bovington Jan. 8 or Jan. 15?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William's crazy bike rides send cops in a tizzy!
Prince William guards warn of 'security nightmare'

Prince William's security guards have said they will no longer put their lives at risk to protect him while he rides his motorbike.
The 24-year-old prince has an extremely fast 1100cc Honda Super Blackbird motorbike and recently came close to having an accident on it when he experienced a "wobble".
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Nobility

This might be interesting http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,59-2528269.html. Can any list all 13 royal engagements done by Prince William last year, at least 8 or 9 or 1 or more?
Here is my try
starting at Sandhurst (?)
Harry's Sovergin's Parade (?)
watching FA final
Prince's Trust Birthday
meeting England's Football Team FA Honorary Pres.
World Cup Opening game as FA Honorary Pres.
Thanksgiving Service for Queen's 80th
Chakravarty Cup for the Thai Team (raised money for the Prince's Trust)
Audi Polo Challange (raised money for Tusk)
Sport Relief Run
Rundle Cup
Opening the Hospital premature Baby unit
"stock trading" forTusk
visiting Centrepoint Hostel
Royal Christmas Service

Are all of these right?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well he's off the Bovington on Monday, so he will have more spare time.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Courtier

I did a search on the court cirular and I came up with

-Harry Sandhurst passing out
-Liverpool/West ham football game
-Prince Trust anniversary
-England/Paraguay game
-Queen 80th birthday service
-Baby unit opening
-New Zealand Memorial Opening
-Remembrance Day
-Tusk Trust Dinner (nov 15)
-Tusk Trust (the charity day)
-His Sandhurst passing out

The centrepoint visit wasn't listed when I did a search which is odd, so that makes 12. I don't think that polo matches are counted even if they are for charity, so I guess Christmas is the 13th.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Commoner

How can his passing out be considered an official engagement for him?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, it appears that even CNN (a reliable source of news, most of the time even if they have started covering celebrities more and more) has joined the band wagon. It appears that they have news that William will likely web on July 19. Not saying that I believe it, but definitley interesting to note.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe...eut/index.html
Old 01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Credit to Oppie

-Harry Sandhurst passing out - He had to be there, he was a recruit, so surely that doesn't count!
-Liverpool/West ham football game - Yes, it was in an official capacity
-Prince Trust anniversary - Mmmm
-England/Paraguay game - Official
-Queen 80th birthday service - as a member of her family, shouldn't count
-Baby unit opening - Official
-New Zealand Memorial Opening - definitely official
-Remembrance Day - definitely official
-Tusk Trust Dinner (nov 15) - Official
-Tusk Trust (the charity day) - Official
-His Sandhurst passing out - No, he had to be there
The centrepoint visit - Official

There must be others that we have forgotten!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Courtier

The man who makes the list uses the court circular, so if it is in there then it counts on his list. The BRF doesn't do there own count, but my understanding is that PoW and DoC do.

Only the Queen birthday service counted the dinner didn't, it is all up to what they put in the courct circular.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
The man who makes the list uses the court circular, so if it is in there then it counts on his list. The BRF doesn't do there own count, but my understanding is that PoW and DoC do.

Only the Queen birthday service counted the dinner didn't, it is all up to what they put in the courct circular.
Neither event at RMAS counts, he had to be there for both. He couldn't not attend Harry's passing out as he was a recruit. He couldn't not attend his own passing out. He was not acting in an official capacity, that would be a bit like saying all the recruits completed a royal engagement, wouldn't it?

Whoever compiled this list from the CC, is an idiot if he counted those two!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Courtier

No it would be whoever put them in the Court Circular. They could have left out William and Harry name but since they were in it counts. Although I just used the search function. Maybe if you went through them all or kept a running tally all year then you might pick up on some that the search function missed (like Centrepoint for example). There have been mistakes before (I think Sophie was listed at remembrance day which was a few days after Louise was born)

Anyways what I was getting at since this is just some guy that counts them for his own time for 'the fun of it' I guess, it's a little rough to call him an idoit.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Anyways what I was getting at since this is just some guy that counts them for his own time for 'the fun of it' I guess, it's a little rough to call him an idoit.
He is still strange to spend his time doing this and if he has made mistakes in this list, counting events the boys had to be at, it makes you wonder how many other errors might be found. If he is unable, in his own mind, to work out which events were in an official capacity then....

He also seems to have missed the meeting with the England footballers, when he was made president and didn't William do something or other with the rugger team?

Someone, somewhere will know!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

No wonder Prince William is angry

Prince William will tomorrow report back for duty with his regiment, the Blues and Royals of the Household Cavalry, a deeply troubled young man. Two separate, yet strangely inter-linked, issues will be dominating his thoughts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...07/nkate07.xml

New barracks for Prince William

Prince William will be reporting for his first day with the Household Cavalry in Berkshire on Monday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...re/6238599.stm
Old 01-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Prince William to start new life in British Army 2 hours, 32 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Britain's Prince William will head to the barracks of his new regiment to start his new life as a British Army officer.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 24-year-old, second in line to the throne, is required to report for duty Monday -- his first official day with the Blues and Royals regiment of the Household Cavalry.
William, known in the army as Cornet Wales, will be based at Combermere Barracks near his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II's favourite residence: Windsor Castle, west of London.
The son of the Prince of Wales, heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles, William will spend several weeks familiarising himself with his new regiment before starting five months of training in March at Bovington Camp in southwest England.
Like his brother Prince Harry, 22, who joined up earlier as he did not attend university, William will train to become a troop commander in an armoured reconnaissance unit. He will eventually be in charge of about a dozen troops.
The second lieutenant plans to combine his military career with his growing duties as a senior royal.
After his first year in the Army, he will start to familiarise himself with constitutional affairs in preparation for one day becoming king.
He is also expected to spend time with the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy to prepare himself for his future position as Head of the Armed Forces.

What I have figured been able to figure out Cornet W. Wales would start in January and besides Harry started his troop leader course in May 2006 which matches with when he started at Sandhust in May 2005.
Skydragon, is it ture that william would start his training in March ?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

William begins new life in Army
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6239599.stm

William reports for duty at barracks
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=36852007
Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 AM
Nobility

Skydragon, is it costemary for newly commissioned Officers who training as Troop Leaders in Armoured Resse of the Blues and Royals Regiment to go to there Comermere Barracks before training in Dorset? Even if is not costemary for such officers to do so, does it mean that William would start his training in March?
Isn't that a lot longer Harry did similar training?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes it is normal for them to go to Combermere. Williams further training will have been timed to coincide with all other factors they may have had to take into consideration.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william