Prince William Current Events 12: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oppie said:
Anyways what I was getting at since this is just some guy that counts them for his own time for 'the fun of it' I guess, it's a little rough to call him an idoit.

He is still strange to spend his time doing this and if he has made mistakes in this list, counting events the boys had to be at, it makes you wonder how many other errors might be found. If he is unable, in his own mind, to work out which events were in an official capacity then....

He also seems to have missed the meeting with the England footballers, when he was made president and didn't William do something or other with the rugger team?

Someone, somewhere will know! :lol:

No wonder Prince William is angry

Prince William will tomorrow report back for duty with his regiment, the Blues and Royals of the Household Cavalry, a deeply troubled young man. Two separate, yet strangely inter-linked, issues will be dominating his thoughts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/07/nkate07.xml

New barracks for Prince William

Prince William will be reporting for his first day with the Household Cavalry in Berkshire on Monday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/6238599.stm

Last edited:
Prince William to start new life in British Army 2 hours, 32 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Britain's Prince William will head to the barracks of his new regiment to start his new life as a British Army officer.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]

The 24-year-old, second in line to the throne, is required to report for duty Monday -- his first official day with the Blues and Royals regiment of the Household Cavalry.
William, known in the army as Cornet Wales, will be based at Combermere Barracks near his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II's favourite residence: Windsor Castle, west of London.
The son of the Prince of Wales, heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles, William will spend several weeks familiarising himself with his new regiment before starting five months of training in March at Bovington Camp in southwest England.
Like his brother Prince Harry, 22, who joined up earlier as he did not attend university, William will train to become a troop commander in an armoured reconnaissance unit. He will eventually be in charge of about a dozen troops.
The second lieutenant plans to combine his military career with his growing duties as a senior royal.
After his first year in the Army, he will start to familiarise himself with constitutional affairs in preparation for one day becoming king.
He is also expected to spend time with the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy to prepare himself for his future position as Head of the Armed Forces.

What I have figured been able to figure out Cornet W. Wales would start in January and besides Harry started his troop leader course in May 2006 which matches with when he started at Sandhust in May 2005.
Skydragon, is it ture that william would start his training in March ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Skydragon, is it costemary for newly commissioned Officers who training as Troop Leaders in Armoured Resse of the Blues and Royals Regiment to go to there Comermere Barracks before training in Dorset? Even if is not costemary for such officers to do so, does it mean that William would start his training in March?
Isn't that a lot longer Harry did similar training?

Yes it is normal for them to go to Combermere. Williams further training will have been timed to coincide with all other factors they may have had to take into consideration.

The Sun
What does everyone think of this?
Skydragon, aren't the evenings of Officers considered there own time with which they can do want they want on or off base (with permission)?

The article in the Mail says

"While some his colleagues were gasping for breath, William, 24, looked as if he had barely broken into a sweat".

Are we looking at different pictures, he looks as tired as his colleagues, with his flushed cheeks, neck and open mouth!

"But William left at the head of the group and was one of the first ones back".

Oh, he didn't lead all the way then! :rolleyes: :lol:

kpusa1981 said:
The Sun
What does everyone think of this?
aren't the evenings of Officers considered there own time with which they can do want they want on or off base (with permission)?

Unless there are training exercises or they have drawn guard duty. Most evenings and weekends are his. Obviously they all take it in turn to be on duty evenings, nights and weekends, this is normally worked out by the CO and his staff.

Soldiers don't work 9-5, the bases are patrolled and guarded at all times, normally by privates, corporals etc but, there are always officers on duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was in boot camp they only made people who slipped up on something run in their boots! 7 miles in those boots is tough! If he didn't break a sweat he must be in incredible shape.

It's standard practise here in the UK and 7 miles is not that far, they wern't even carrying full packs.

They wear their army issue boots whenever they are on duty! :)

Do you think the other runners LET him go into the lead? :lol:

It doesn't sound like the morning run was a timed event. He just had to do a 7-mile run. Probably the presence of photographers motivated William to run a little faster.

I don't think that william loved the army's life, i think he is in the army because is his duty as future king

corazon said:
I don't think that william loved the army's life, i think he is in the army because is his duty as future king

He didn't have to go into the Army. There are other branches of the Royal Armed Forces he could chosen to go into. Maybe he wanted to go into the Army. I'm sure he's not enjoying army life right now, but he might be getting something positive out of it.

of course, he don't have to into, but is a tradition in the royal family for long long time

corazon said:
of course, he don't have to into, but is a tradition in the royal family for long long time

The Navy has been the choice for most of the males in the royal family. His father and grandfather were both naval officers.

Why is it that most army recruits aren't very attractive? I was led to believe they all had a certain something like Harry. William should refuse to serve with them, then again, running with ugly people makes you look more attractive I suppose.

1. They are not army recruits.
2. Does anyone look attractive during or after a 7 mile run?
3. How many people can even do a 7 mile run?
4. What appeals to you, might not appeal to someone else, (Harry is not considered attractive by many).
5. Unless you are some kind of Adonis.... :ROFLMAO:

Not army recruits? Well, they're in the army and thats what I meant. And yes - after the marathon thing, Harry looked mighty attractive so some people can look attractive during or after a 7 mile run. I'm not an adonis but I expect soldiers to be. It's only fair.

BeatrixFan said:
after the marathon thing, Harry looked mighty attractive. I'm not an adonis but I expect soldiers to be

Oh well, no accounting for taste, re Harry! :ROFLMAO: You just havn't seen the right soldiers or airmen!

Skydragon said:
Oh well, no accounting for taste, re Harry! :ROFLMAO: You just havn't seen the right soldiers or airmen!

One thing we should be thankful for, is the fact that British soldiers seem to be able to have at least an inch or so of hair and are not required to have the buzz cuts (as worn by the gentleman on the left in that pic) that seem to be compulsory for American soldiers. :)

I find the buzz cuts rather appealling. It does seem that alot of our soldiers are a little tubby. Of course, it's probably all muscle but they're rather wierd. Then again, not all soldiers can look like Leo Di Caprio I suppose.

Does anyone know who long Prince William will continue his miltary training and service? A year or so maybe? Just curious how long it will be untill Prince William begins full-time royal duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom