The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
after the marathon thing, Harry looked mighty attractive. I'm not an adonis but I expect soldiers to be
Oh well, no accounting for taste, re Harry! You just havn't seen the right soldiers or airmen!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Oh well, no accounting for taste, re Harry! You just havn't seen the right soldiers or airmen!
One thing we should be thankful for, is the fact that British soldiers seem to be able to have at least an inch or so of hair and are not required to have the buzz cuts (as worn by the gentleman on the left in that pic) that seem to be compulsory for American soldiers.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:42 PM

I find the buzz cuts rather appealling. It does seem that alot of our soldiers are a little tubby. Of course, it's probably all muscle but they're rather wierd. Then again, not all soldiers can look like Leo Di Caprio I suppose.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know who long Prince William will continue his miltary training and service? A year or so maybe? Just curious how long it will be untill Prince William begins full-time royal duties.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Nobility

1 year in the Army and than attachments with the Royal Navy and RAF for the rest of his time 2 years.
a better place to look at new pics since you can look at large verisons
http://www.isifa.com/result_ed.php?search_id=614216
Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCES TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR DIANA'S DEATH?

British royals PRINCE WILLIAM and PRINCE HARRY could receive at least GBP10 million ($19.6 million) in compensation for their mother DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES' tragic death.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...0death_1018901
Old 01-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprincess
Does anyone know who long Prince William will continue his miltary training and service? A year or so maybe? Just curious how long it will be untill Prince William begins full-time royal duties.
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...yals__206.html
William’s time in the Army will be divided into two parts. He will spend the first year or so continuing his training to become a fully qualified armoured reconnaissance troop leader and experiencing life as a young officer at regimental duty. This will include commanding a troop of twelve Household Cavalrymen both in barracks and in the field.
Following on from this period of regimental service, Prince William will broaden his focus to encompass familiarisation attachments to the other two Armed Services.
He will also spend time in this second period attaining his own personal military goals, which will emerge as his experience of the Army grows and his specific areas of interest develop
Old 01-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
PRINCES TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION FOR DIANA'S DEATH?

British royals PRINCE WILLIAM and PRINCE HARRY could receive at least GBP10 million ($19.6 million) in compensation for their mother DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES' tragic death.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...0death_1018901
Compensation from whom, exactly?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William gets 2,50,000 pounds a year Diana allowance

Prince William, the second in line to the British throne, will receive an annual allowance of about 2,50,000 pounds this summer, making him financially independent from his 25th birthday on June 21

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/84864.asp
Old 01-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Compensation from whom, exactly?
Assuming the applicable laws are similar to ours - and they may not be - it would be the insurance company indemnifying the owner of the vehicle whose agent (driver) was responsible for the accident.

I'll be particularly interested to know the basis upon which the damages are to be calculated, and what sort of percentage reduction will be made for contributory negligence.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William gets 2,50,000 pounds a year Diana allowance

Prince William, the second in line to the British throne, will receive an annual allowance of about 2,50,000 pounds this summer, making him financially independent from his 25th birthday on June 21

http://www.indiadaily.com/breaking_news/84864.asp

I haven't struck this extra comma before and it confuses me. Does this mean 250 thousand pounds, or 2 million 500 thousand pounds, or maybe 2 milllion and 50 thousand pounds?
Old 01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I find the buzz cuts rather appealling.
Oh yuck, I like men with a little hair. The good Lord doesn't grant a perfectly shaped skull to every man and those to whom He wasn't generous should use some selectively planned follicle camouflage.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

when william have the money, he will be absolotly indepedent of the royal family (queen and charles money)?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
I haven't struck this extra comma before and it confuses me. Does this mean 250 thousand pounds, or 2 million 500 thousand pounds, or maybe 2 milllion and 50 thousand pounds?
It is the measly sum of £250,000 or one quarter of a million GBP.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Closed thread

Time to close this thread.
The new thread for Prince William current events can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william