The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William current Events 13: October - December 2006

Welcome to the Prince William Current Events,
part 13

It starts on October 21, 2006

Part 12, covering August - September 2006
can be found here

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Courtier

Will's Glasses

I guess the glasses weren't for show, just utility because I didn't find them attractive at all IMO.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Knight William
Prince William Set To Receive Knight Award

According to reports, Prince William is set to receive a honorary distinction next year. The British royal - son of late Princess Diana - is the next in line to be a Knight Companion.
The 24-year-old prince has reportedly been selected by his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, to be awarded one of the oldest and most prestigious orders in the world - The Royal Knights Of The Garter.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Courtier

I don't know about that second link, but the first one monstersandcritics it just reprints other articles a few days later, although in this case it seems to be weeks since I remember this already coming up.

Anyone I don't think there is any chance William will get the Garter soon, or for that matter at all until he is PoW.

Map for the British Royals
Old 10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Think he might.....id like for him and his brother to get it.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:51 PM

The article talks about him wearing glasses as a backup for his contacts but I thought William had laser eye surgery. It was in the press awhile back and there was debate here about if he should or shouldn't. Did he change his mind or something?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Nobility

Post Prince William current events 13: October 2006-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
The article talks about him wearing glasses as a backup for his contacts but I thought William had laser eye surgery. It was in the press awhile back and there was debate here about if he should or shouldn't. Did he change his mind or something?
I believe that there is a two waiting period to get into RMA Sandhurst if you have the laser eye surgery to make that it fully worked.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Courtier

New pics william and kate drive thru and stuck in traffic.. he wear glasses...
hard to see those pics...

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r...prince+william
Old 10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonder if he will wear them more often now?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Wonder if he will wear them more often now?
The Clarence House confirmed that william will wear glasses time to time...

I think he wear glasses all time...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

Lots of people wear glasses, in and out of uniform. I just don't get the reason why William is playing hide and seek with wearing them. If his vision requires glasses, it's best he wears them all the time. Putting them on and off can be more harmful to him than just getting photographed. People are acting like it's a shameful thing to wear glasses.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Aristocracy

It said he usually wears contact lenses. There's nothing wrong with switching between contacts and glasses. Otherwise I'd be blind by now!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 AM
Commoner

Personally I need glasses but I choose to wear contacts..but every now and again I would wear my glasses to give my eyes a break. Now that William is wearing his glasses I think people might decide to wear their glasses as well and they might feel less "ashamed" even though there's nothing wrong about needing to wear glasses.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu-Chi
Personally I need glasses but I choose to wear contacts..but every now and again I would wear my glasses to give my eyes a break. Now that William is wearing his glasses I think people might decide to wear their glasses as well and they might feel less "ashamed" even though there's nothing wrong about needing to wear glasses.
I agree. I used to wear contacts and I switched back to glasses, less trouble and bother for me. I think Prince William looks very nice in his glasses, especially in the photos of him in the car with Kate.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Yeah, I read about that too. It was said to be quite risky to have that laser eye surgery, wasn't it?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Actually laser eye suregery is not dangerous. I had it done about 9 years ago, and have been at 20/20 vision since with no complications. I was driving the next day without my glasses! Since then a number of my friends have had the procedure done and have also had no complications and have 20/20 vision.

I did a fair amount of research into the dangers and side effects of laser eye surgery when I was first looking into it. There are less chances of complications or infections than with wearing contact lenses. They do both eyes (one after the other) in the procedure. I see it as a mark of their confidence that, in these litigious tims, they are not worried about damaging both eyes.

I strongly recommend the procedure, and quite frankly don't know why people still wear glasses or contacts when this relatively inexpensive (about $2k for both eyes) and very well-tested procedure is available (with help of a good doctor of course).
Old 10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Courtier

Killer Wales armed with bayonet...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006500235,00.html
Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Taken from the Sun article.

"Last night a Sandhurst source said: “Cadets have to really feel aggressive before making a charge. Once instructors have finished with Wills he will be a killer.”

Oh, Please.....
Old 10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Taken from the Sun article.

"Last night a Sandhurst source said: “Cadets have to really feel aggressive before making a charge. Once instructors have finished with Wills he will be a killer.”

Oh, Please.....
The tabs have to get their news where they can, and if it isn't news they'll make it up!!
Old 10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

lol " Killer " now is that what the Royal Family needs a Bloodthristy Madman (JK) lol

Tags
prince william