The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
What does everyone think?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006540081,00.html
How is it that they know that his platoon is the best when the Cyprus exercises has just began? Don't they use the scores obtained used for figuring that out?
I wish someone would tell them that the choice of who leads the parade is basically a lottery and it seems Williams platoon lost! Practising to lead the parade does however start half way through the 3rd term!

Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Courtier

When William's passing out??? in Dec????

Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Madame Tussauds New York unveils wax figures of British Royals Prince William and Prince Harry, November 21, 2006 in New York City.

Pictures:
Prince William
Prince William and Prince Harry

more pictures from getty here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:51 PM

Goodness me. Who are these supposed to be again? Why doesn't Madame Tussauds just give up? I went to see the waxwork of the Queen Mother - it looked like Ronnie Corbett in drag.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Goodness me. Who are these supposed to be again? Why doesn't Madame Tussauds just give up? I went to see the waxwork of the Queen Mother - it looked like Ronnie Corbett in drag.
Well, that's supposed to be Prince William. Though I only recognized him because of the caption. The close ups are simply terrible!
From a distance they seem to be ok looking.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William Will Lead More Than 500 Fellow Cadets In Training
William leads cadets

Wills flies flag for the Queen

Prince William has been picked to lead the famous passing out parade in front of the Queen next month, The Sun can reveal.

quote from the article:
Quote:
He is also a front runner for the Sword of Honour awarded to the top cadet each year.
He is still in the running for the Sword of Honour after the gun loosing incident?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM

I think this has more to do with who he is rather than what he's done.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

True,But im still glad hes in the running too get it
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The wax replicas of Harry and William look like something from Spitting Image (especially Harry).
Old 11-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Commoner

The wax figures aren't that bad but like many others said the close ups weren't all thea great!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

They never get them totally right.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan

I've never been too mucha a Tussauds fan. I find the likenesses of many of their sculptures a little stretched. I guess the fame is in the carving of the wax and what it takes to carve out the faces etc.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Just thing, wouldn't William wish he has the same volumne of hair as his wax model.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William in Cyprus test to become officer

LIMASSOL, Cyprus (AFP) - Britain's Prince William, along with 220 other Sandhurst Royal Military Academy cadets, is being toughened in Cyprus before earning his pips as an officer, British army officials have told AFP.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061124...s_061124143310
Old 11-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Nobility

When will pictures be released?
After he graduates as an officer or after?
Old 11-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
When will pictures be released?
After he graduates as an officer or after?
We may get some pictures of the training in Cyprus or of the cadets practising for the sovereigns parade, if not I expect the next official ones will be at the passing out parade.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William to become a British officer

Prince William, along with 220 other Sandhurst Royal Military Academy cadets, is being toughened in Cyprus before earning his pips as an officer, British army officials said.
William, 24, like his younger brother Prince Harry before him, is taking part in field exercise "winter victory" the final test in soldiering cadets must endure before passing out from the prestigious academy.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:24 PM

Now that is a suprise isn't it?
Old 11-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yikes! He faces Explosives. I Have a question When he gets his commission will He have to Salute Henry or Will Henry Salute him , and since he went to University will he start out as a Lt or 2Lt Thanks in Advance
Old 11-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Yikes! He faces Explosives. I Have a question When he gets his commission will He have to Salute Henry or Will Henry Salute him , and since he went to University will he start out as a Lt or 2Lt Thanks in Advance
Until he gets his commission he has to salute Harry.

After he receives his commission, they are equal rank and would not normally salute one another, unless they are handing a watch over, (not the ticking kind).

William will be a 2nd Lieutenant.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william