The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Well done to JUO Robertson!
David Robertson, from Inverness, will receive the Queen's Medal, the sword of honour has, I believe, gone to a FEMALE cadet!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:51 PM

Male or female, I think the point here is that it's gone to someone who actually deserves it and has earned it rather than it being handed to someone who hasn't been the best of cadets just because he'll be King one day.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Kate Middleton and Prince William leaving the Mahiki club in Mayfair
London, England - 08.12.06 - Tom Parker Bowles was there as well.

Click here: Kate and William
Old 12-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Woman beats William to best cadet

A woman has become only the third female officer to be awarded the Sword of Honour, given to Sandhurst's best cadet each year.
Junior Under Officer (JUO) Angela Laycock will be presented with the Sword by the Queen at next week's passing out parade.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/07122006/34...est-cadet.html
Old 12-08-2006, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
David Robertson, from Inverness, will receive the Queen's Medal, the sword of honour has, I believe, gone to a FEMALE cadet!
It's really a female cadet AND a Scot, who won the Sword of Honour! She is only the 3rd female time in the history of Sandhurst.
Here is a little article about that:
Female Officer Cadet wins Sandhurst's Sword of Honour
BEATEN BY SCOT
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Time to close this thread.
The new thread can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread!

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william