Prince William Current Events 10: September-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Prince William current events thread, part 12

from 1 September 2006

Part 11, covering July - August 2006 can be found here.

Here is something from todays Sun Online. The photo is kind of funny.

Look at the moon, darling - By TOM REILLY - September 02, 2006
PRINCE William and girlfriend Kate Middleton bob in the water — as a bather moons in the background.
But the pair barely batted an eyelid as they frolicked in the Med during a break in Ibiza.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006400688,00.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please, I'm sure they both know what a bum looks like. Is this really classed as news?

My thoughts exactly. Are they supposed to be shocked at that. I'm sure they will see a lot worse than someone's bare bum in Ibiza.

william and kate look really happy together, they are enjoying the time in the beach!
i

Also, has anyone else noted the delicious irony of Prince William visibly paryting and enjoying himself while Prince Harry is toiling away at military training?!! So, who is the party prince now?;)

TonyaR said:
It's nice to see pictures of Prince William enjoying himself, it allows us to see that he isn't as stiff and stifled as he's portrayed. He looks as if he's really enjoying himself with Kate

Indeed it is nice to see Prince William. But, I'm getting the impression that this prince now knows he is a PRINCE and is flaunting that he is and that he has all the money in the world for quick vacations outside of Britain. Not meaning to throw a wrench in the party of fun, but I wonder how many of his compatriots (outside of royalty and millionaire sons) at Sandhurst has gone on lavish vacations during breaks, commencing his polo playing for charity (it's just the idea of the rich man's sport) and watching soccer in Germany. For those who insist that he is trying to be normal (which does include himself), he isn't. He knows he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he's loving every second of it. Perhaps it is my own recognition that I thought he was trying to live 'as my own brother--normal', but my own brother sometimes can't even take an annual vacation with his family after working almost 60 hours a week.

Sorry to put a dampener in everyones comments. But, I just felt I needed to say this because I get tired of seeing the 'rich' frolic in the sea several times a year during 'holiday', while my own family and other families sometimes can't make their mortgage or royalty trying and succeeding in pulling the wool over our head insisting they are just like we when they are not.

Maybe I just woke up. I enjoy this forum and reading others comments and opinions on various activities these blue bloods are doing. Perhaps it's my way of leaving my own world of not being able to ski in Switzerland, vacation in both the Caribbean and Spanish Isles, sky-dive in Africa or go on a safari/hike in Kenya & Botswana. I guess through these characters I am able to do this. Perhaps there are others out here in the forum live that kind of life through this forum. But, dog gone it, I am really JEALOUS!!! and :mad: of all these vacations, of them not worrying about paying the rent (what in the :censored: is that woman Kate doing for a living!), them being protected in not so safe parts of the world and living in palaces and eating the best and the most healthiest (if I so chose, of course) and have courtiers worry about my appointments. I want that same 'normal' service and ability to vacation just like dear ole Will & Harry!:mad:

HRH Kimetha said:
Indeed it is nice to see Prince William...
As I'm sure we all do. Unfortunately, whimpering on a message board isn't going to change the way things are. If you'd like to see William and Harry and the rest of them be more "normal" the only way to go about it, pretty much, is to call for a republic. Frankly, if I had to grow up knowing I'd spend my life wandering around in drudgery in service to the monumentally whiny British public, I'd jet off on holiday as often as I could too.

When I see photos of them cavorting together half nekkid - and especially lying on the deck with her head on his thigh - I do wonder why they deem it necessary to be photographed arriving at and leaving functions separately. It just seems a bit silly.

Ah, but it's different when they're on vacation, you know, Roslyn.;)

HRH Kimetha said:
Indeed it is nice to see Prince William...
HRH Kimetha,
I do understand what you are saying because it makes perfect sense.

I became a royal watcher myself because I enjoy the escapism inherent in following their lives of privilege.
However, I strangely find that I'm not jealous, because I realized something a while ago: These people are just single individual persons that have to pay a tremendous price for their royal blood and heritage.

They are living bits of history who are forever bound up and obligated by duty for life in a way that the sons and daughters of regular rich people aren't. There are many, many wealthy people in this world whose children party, play polo and frolic about in the sea going island hopping much more freqently than William and Harry, BUT the adult children of those people don't have to give back anything to anyone at all, and if they choose not to no one says a thing about it.

They aren't expected to do military service for their countries, they don't have to explain their choice of spouse to anyone, people don't write in message boards and blogs about whether or not they're doing their jobs properly, and they Never Ever have to justify themselves or their life choices to anyone at all. In fact, many of them never even have to work at all in life if they choose not to, and no one blinks an eye.

By mere fact of birth, Princes William and Harry have some very serious strings attached to all of the trappings of wealth and privilege that they were born with. Bodyguards are not a wealthy luxury for them, they're a true necessity. They must have bodyguards because the mere fact of who they are makes them a serious target for terrorists and kidnappers. It may seem unlikely but it IS reality.

Most 'normal' people couldn't be ransomed for millions of pounds, but the Princes could. If either Prince was kidnapped, it would create an incident of world class proportions and the kidnappers could actually try to impact the british government in some way. Those boys have had to live with that hanging over their heads their entire lives.
Every move they make is severely scrutinised and critiqued by a world audience at large. Everywhere they go, everyone they come into contact with or even just interact with in public; everything they do is scrutinised and dissected for error and or/comment on a daily basis.
What rich person have you ever heard of that would willingly submit to such horrible micromanagement and massive intrusion into their personal privacy?

Even if the monarchy were totally abolished, the partying and frolicking currently enjoyed by the rich and privileged persons of this world would continue unabated. Abolishing the monarchy would stop William and Harry from being princes of the realm, but it wouldn't affect the thousands of rich people in the world. It wouldn't make the rest of us any richer, either. Sometimes people speak as if (and I'm not refering to anyone on this message board ;) ) the royals are stealing from them and if they do away with them they'll get thousands of pounds! William and Harry do receive an income from their father in addition to the pay they draw from being in the military, but regardless of the Civil List, their father is independently wealthy, that is a concrete fact.

They weren't and aren't stealing anything from anyone, they didn't have to step on anyone or harm anyone to get their wealth. There are rich people who did do those things, but not William and Harry. Like many wealthy people who are NOT royal, they were born to privilege.

But unlike many people born with a silver spoon, they are obligated to pay a price for their birth and their wealth, and they are expected to pay with their own lives.

TonyaR said:
HRH Kimetha,
I do understand what you are saying because it makes perfect sense... However, I strangely find that I'm not jealous...
All I can do is applaud this post. :clap:

:cry: I feel bad for william and harry, in 2002 with the book was hard and burrell do this to they again.
this days will be hard for the boys, they mother's dead anniversary and now this:bang:

TonyaR said:
They weren't and aren't stealing anything from anyone, they didn't have to step on anyone or harm anyone to get their wealth. There are rich people who did do those things, but not William and Harry. Like many wealthy people who are NOT royal, they were born to privilege.

But unlike many people born with a silver spoon, they are obligated to pay a price for their birth and their wealth, and they are expected to pay with their own lives.

Agreed. And that's why I'd rather see William & Co. partying in between working than another photograph of Paris $#%@!$ Hilton and her ilk.

Sister Morphine said:
All I can do is applaud this post. :clap:
Sister Morphine, thank you also. I appreciate your kudos! I know my post was long, but I've been thinking that for a very long time.

will in war??

i was wondering will William ever go to war..??

liljajons said:
i was wondering will William ever go to war..??

proberly not considering he is second in line to the throne - i dont think his brother is allowed to go (i could be wrong lol)- i hope william doesnt coz he would be a hugh target out there because of his status :ermm:

Last edited:
I Dont think William will go. Harry might

Skydragon or anyone
Did William ever do second Advenerous training sailing or what ever it was?

I think these new pictures of Will and Kate are fantastic. It shows them being looser and not so stiff. That there's actually something between them. Perhaps it's the alcohol? :lol:

I Remember when Harry went through the potatoe thing

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon or anyone
Did William ever do second Advenerous training sailing or what ever it was?

Like the rest of the recruits he has to do the adventure training but I have not seen any details published.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom