The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I don't see the point where someone has to defend the memory of the late Diana, princess of Wales at all!

When she died, all information about her someone had to know were out in the open. You could choose to be an admirer, not to like her at all or to be indifferent. In any of these three cases you did nothing against her memory, whatever that is, anyway.

There has been absolutely no need to "rewrite" her story in any way. There is no need at all to show pictures of her private rooms or her teddybears in a book. There is no need to open up the way down memory lane for those who have no memories of the "private" Diana at all. There is no need even to talk about her that much. There are no news to come, there is no need to reveal private details when they have been hidden for so long.

I believe Burrell is one sick person who cannot stand the fact that he had chosen the loser's side when he sided with Diana. While she was alive, he was close to her and to her sons, able to still imagining to be one of the "Royal" servants of the inner circle. When she died he had to learn that he betted on the wrong horse and that there was no way back into the social circles he wanted to belong to.

That is hard to accept, I can understand that. It is even harder to accept in our oh so egalitarian society that the Royals do not seem to notice the loyality of their servants or honour it overly much (apart from a medal or something, that is). But that they can have quite a long memory when it comes to betrayal. It's definately not a lifestyle for the likes of a Burrell, I guess. I wouldn't be for me, either, but then I never thought for a moment to go into anybody's service.But he did. And now he should be accepting that he was never more than a servant to either the princes, Charles, the queen or Diana.

In a way by selling out on them he is seeking a weird kind of revenge on a system that he can't touch. I see it as a kind of revenge for the message of disgust he received from the princes the last time he published a book and a pathetic and wimpy cry for Royal attention. Which hoepfully he won't receive ever again - such disgusting and sordid creature he presents himself to be.

As for Diana - there is a saying in Germany which translates into this: if you have friends like this, you need no enemies. Or to speak about her memory: if you have such "defenders" of your memory, you need no writer of your "swan song". Or so. Poor princess. May there be a time when she finally rests in peace.
Wonderful post Jo! I think you are spot on with your insightful analysis of Paul Burrell...
Let me just add that despite his emotional issues IMO he is a scum-sucking leech of a human being and he has the Cheek of an african baboon!

Old 09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Wonderful post Jo! I think you are spot on with your insightful analysis of Paul Burrell...
Let me just add that despite his emotional issues IMO he is a scum-sucking leech of a human being and he has the Cheek of an african baboon!
Such eloquence TonyaR.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

My god, maybe they're trying to carve out their own identities? Maybe they have the gall to actually try to be their own people with unique personalities rather than whimpering on about their mother? The essential part of grief is being able to move on without forgetting. What good does it do the Princes to constantly wallow the way he does?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
My god, maybe they're trying to carve out their own identities? Maybe they have the gall to actually try to be their own people with unique personalities rather than whimpering on about their mother? The essential part of grief is being able to move on without forgetting. What good does it do the Princes to constantly wallow the way he does?
My, one sees that Burrell loved... and hurts because this love ended. Though I don't see him loving and mourning the late Diana, but he loved himself as "her rock" and he mourns his own loss - of position, of importance, of knowledge.

One need not see (and one does not want to see) that the princes hurt because they lost their mother. That's self-explainatory! Of course they mourn her. Of course they are living her memory. Of course they talk about her if they feel they need to emotionally relieve themselves on doing that. Not in public, of course. And not with Paul Burrell who is selfishly in love with his past as Diana's rock.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Unfortunately I don't think he will ever let it go because this has proven to be very lucrative for him. So everytime he wants to buy a new home he releases a new "Tell-all" book with "new" revelations about someone who has been deceased almost 10 years.... I wonder if he is so arrogant he actually thinks his very ostentious public 'grieving' supercedes the real and private grief of her own children. This weirdo might have lost an employer but William and Harry lost their mother.... Someone should slap him silly. (only figuratively, of course....no violence intended.... )
Old 09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Such eloquence TonyaR.
Thank you Madame Skydragon.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
Tonya, please. We do have standards here, you know. Is it really necessary to insult African baboons quite so openly?
Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Tonya, please. We do have standards here, you know. Is it really necessary to insult African baboons quite so openly?
While I have no idea (sorry, but I'm a German...) what an African Baboon is and - well - don't want to inquiry about it.... still....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/img/baboon.jpg
Old 09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You know, you guys are too funny!!!!
But I really don't think there is any need to insult poor African baboons, they don't deserve comparison with certain species!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Ahhh, baboon = Pavian... I see...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
You know, you guys are too funny!!!!
But I really don't think there is any need to insult poor African baboons, they don't deserve comparison with certain species!
You are all so right, my sincere apologies. Mr. Burrell is much noisier and much more cheeky than any baboon I've ever heard of.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Commoner

It's Prince Willy in a bikini!

This article is far less serious than the recent posts on this thread but somewhat amusing, even if the image is quite disturbing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html
Old 09-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyesonarmani
This article is far less serious than the recent posts on this thread but somewhat amusing, even if the image is quite disturbing.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how credible the article is (it's somewhat hard to imagine William in bikini) but if it is true, I would give anything to know whether he actually looked nearly the same as the photoshopped picture in the Sun!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html
I am not sure how credible the article is (it's somewhat hard to imagine William in bikini) but if it is true, I would give anything to know whether he actually looked nearly the same as the photoshopped picture in the Sun!
As they talk about 200 people who attended the event, I guess it's likely that it's true - otherwise the rival tabloids would print the real story and how would this look like...

As for the picture: I don't believe for a moment that prince Willaim would look quite so feminin. Such a stunt only works if the man really has a good body - otherwise you look not funny but utmost ridiculous. There is a clear border between an Army-joke and ridiculing his position as a future king in public and somehow I'm convinced William knows this border and how to stay beyond it.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

It's photoshopped. You can tell because the alignment of the face doesn't quite match up to the alignment of the head. Looks like his face slid sideways. Very creepy.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Courtier

It also says under the pic "Mock-up ... how Wills might have looked"
Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Aristocracy

D'oh! I didn't even notice that.

Settles it, I guess. :)
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Courtier

more stories
I wish him in photos...
http://www.exposay.com/picture-this-...bikini/v/4304/
Old 09-13-2006, 02:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
As I'm sure we all do. Unfortunately, whimpering on a message board isn't going to change the way things are. If you'd like to see William and Harry and the rest of them be more "normal" the only way to go about it, pretty much, is to call for a republic. Frankly, if I had to grow up knowing I'd spend my life wandering around in drudgery in service to the monumentally whiny British public, I'd jet off on holiday as often as I could too.
I don’t believe that I am whimpering on this board. I am merely making a comment. As far as wanting to see William and Harry more ‘normal’, I was again commenting on those other posters that are constantly saying that the boys are just trying to be normal, as well as, William and Harry themselves saying that as well, and may I say that about Princess Diana often made that same comment. Secondly, I do not feel that the Queen herself feels that she is ‘wandering around in drudgery in service to the monumentally whiny British public’ as you say. Now if Wills & Harry feels that way, then perhaps they should abdicate the throne and move to France. The York girls would probably be more than happy to take their places. < ed political comment: Warren >

A final note is me feeling ‘jealous’ --jealous is what it is—I am jealous. I don’t have the money, time, security or network to do as they do every couple of months. And, I wouldn’t mind being a princess for the ‘whiny British’ because the Queen has been a fine British example of how to act and be as a standing monarch. For anyone not to feel any kind of jealousy towards the Wales’ and their girlfriends as they frolic about surf, nightclubs, etc without a care of where their next meal is or how they’ll pay the rent the next month, especially on a military cadet/cornet pay, then THOSE people who say they are not a tiny bit jealous, both psychologists or psychiatrists wouldn’t say THEY are ‘normal’. So, I am jealous and there isn’t anything wrong with it. Perhaps I may have been TOO loud about it. But, you know it’s great to comment one’s own jealousies amongst fellow forum members. Afterall, we ALL are following the SAME people—those SAME people who wouldn’t invite us in for tea—only in our dreams I’m afraid.

Tags
prince william