Prince William Current Events 10: September-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't even begin to express how much I love the phrase "trial by potato."

That's sick. He dares to blame them for anything?
Well, Burrell is certainly keeping her memory, along with his own purse!
Hasn't he made enough money yet???

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
PRINCES SAVAGED BY BUTLER

PAUL Burrell last night laid into Princes William and Harry accusing the pair of refusing to defend their mother's memory.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=17721422&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=princes-savaged-by-butler-name_page.html

The only obligation this man seems to have, is far from moral, it is to make money out of the woman he says he loved! :mad:

I don't see the point where someone has to defend the memory of the late Diana, princess of Wales at all!

When she died, all information about her someone had to know were out in the open. You could choose to be an admirer, not to like her at all or to be indifferent. In any of these three cases you did nothing against her memory, whatever that is, anyway.

There has been absolutely no need to "rewrite" her story in any way. There is no need at all to show pictures of her private rooms or her teddybears in a book. There is no need to open up the way down memory lane for those who have no memories of the "private" Diana at all. There is no need even to talk about her that much. There are no news to come, there is no need to reveal private details when they have been hidden for so long.

I believe Burrell is one sick person who cannot stand the fact that he had chosen the loser's side when he sided with Diana. While she was alive, he was close to her and to her sons, able to still imagining to be one of the "Royal" servants of the inner circle. When she died he had to learn that he betted on the wrong horse and that there was no way back into the social circles he wanted to belong to.

That is hard to accept, I can understand that. It is even harder to accept in our oh so egalitarian society that the Royals do not seem to notice the loyality of their servants or honour it overly much (apart from a medal or something, that is). But that they can have quite a long memory when it comes to betrayal. It's definately not a lifestyle for the likes of a Burrell, I guess. I wouldn't be for me, either, but then I never thought for a moment to go into anybody's service.But he did. And now he should be accepting that he was never more than a servant to either the princes, Charles, the queen or Diana.

In a way by selling out on them he is seeking a weird kind of revenge on a system that he can't touch. I see it as a kind of revenge for the message of disgust he received from the princes the last time he published a book and a pathetic and wimpy cry for Royal attention. Which hoepfully he won't receive ever again - such disgusting and sordid creature he presents himself to be.

As for Diana - there is a saying in Germany which translates into this: if you have friends like this, you need no enemies. Or to speak about her memory: if you have such "defenders" of your memory, you need no writer of your "swan song". Or so. Poor princess. May there be a time when she finally rests in peace.

Why Paul blames princes for failed protest their mother I can't blame them to protest.. I think they did protect their mother....

karla64

Jo of Palatine said:
I don't see the point where someone has to defend the memory of the late Diana, princess of Wales at all!

When she died, all information about her someone had to know were out in the open. You could choose to be an admirer, not to like her at all or to be indifferent. In any of these three cases you did nothing against her memory, whatever that is, anyway.

There has been absolutely no need to "rewrite" her story in any way. There is no need at all to show pictures of her private rooms or her teddybears in a book. There is no need to open up the way down memory lane for those who have no memories of the "private" Diana at all. There is no need even to talk about her that much. There are no news to come, there is no need to reveal private details when they have been hidden for so long.

I believe Burrell is one sick person who cannot stand the fact that he had chosen the loser's side when he sided with Diana. While she was alive, he was close to her and to her sons, able to still imagining to be one of the "Royal" servants of the inner circle. When she died he had to learn that he betted on the wrong horse and that there was no way back into the social circles he wanted to belong to.

That is hard to accept, I can understand that. It is even harder to accept in our oh so egalitarian society that the Royals do not seem to notice the loyality of their servants or honour it overly much (apart from a medal or something, that is). But that they can have quite a long memory when it comes to betrayal. It's definately not a lifestyle for the likes of a Burrell, I guess. I wouldn't be for me, either, but then I never thought for a moment to go into anybody's service.But he did. And now he should be accepting that he was never more than a servant to either the princes, Charles, the queen or Diana.

In a way by selling out on them he is seeking a weird kind of revenge on a system that he can't touch. I see it as a kind of revenge for the message of disgust he received from the princes the last time he published a book and a pathetic and wimpy cry for Royal attention. Which hoepfully he won't receive ever again - such disgusting and sordid creature he presents himself to be.

As for Diana - there is a saying in Germany which translates into this: if you have friends like this, you need no enemies. Or to speak about her memory: if you have such "defenders" of your memory, you need no writer of your "swan song". Or so. Poor princess. May there be a time when she finally rests in peace.
Wonderful post Jo! :flowers: I think you are spot on with your insightful analysis of Paul Burrell...
Let me just add that despite his emotional issues IMO he is a scum-sucking leech of a human being and he has the Cheek of an african baboon!

My god, maybe they're trying to carve out their own identities? Maybe they have the gall to actually try to be their own people with unique personalities rather than whimpering on about their mother? The essential part of grief is being able to move on without forgetting. What good does it do the Princes to constantly wallow the way he does?

Chiyo said:
My god, maybe they're trying to carve out their own identities? Maybe they have the gall to actually try to be their own people with unique personalities rather than whimpering on about their mother? The essential part of grief is being able to move on without forgetting. What good does it do the Princes to constantly wallow the way he does?

My, one sees that Burrell loved... and hurts because this love ended. Though I don't see him loving and mourning the late Diana, but he loved himself as "her rock" and he mourns his own loss - of position, of importance, of knowledge.

One need not see (and one does not want to see) that the princes hurt because they lost their mother. That's self-explainatory! Of course they mourn her. Of course they are living her memory. Of course they talk about her if they feel they need to emotionally relieve themselves on doing that. Not in public, of course. And not with Paul Burrell who is selfishly in love with his past as Diana's rock.

Unfortunately I don't think he will ever let it go because this has proven to be very lucrative for him. So everytime he wants to buy a new home he releases a new "Tell-all" book with "new" revelations about someone who has been deceased almost 10 years.... I wonder if he is so arrogant he actually thinks his very ostentious public 'grieving' :rolleyes: supercedes the real and private grief of her own children. This weirdo might have lost an employer but William and Harry lost their mother.... Someone should slap him silly. (only figuratively, of course....no violence intended....:whistling: )

Last edited by a moderator:
TonyaR said:
Wonderful post Jo! :flowers: I think you are spot on with your insightful analysis of Paul Burrell...
Let me just add that despite his emotional issues IMO he is a scum-sucking leech of a human being and he has the Cheek of an african baboon!

Tonya, please. We do have standards here, you know. Is it really necessary to insult African baboons quite so openly?;)

Elspeth said:
Tonya, please. We do have standards here, you know. Is it really necessary to insult African baboons quite so openly?;)

While I have no idea (sorry, but I'm a German...) what an African Baboon is and - well - don't want to inquiry about it.... still.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Elspeth said:

You know, you guys are too funny!!!! :lol:
But I really don't think there is any need to insult poor African baboons, they don't deserve comparison with certain species! ;) :lol:

Avalon said:
You know, you guys are too funny!!!! :lol:
But I really don't think there is any need to insult poor African baboons, they don't deserve comparison with certain species! ;) :lol:
You are all so right, my sincere apologies. Mr. Burrell is much noisier and much more cheeky than any baboon I've ever heard of.:rolleyes: :lol:

alleyesonarmani said:
This article is far less serious than the recent posts on this thread but somewhat amusing, even if the image is quite disturbing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how credible the article is (it's somewhat hard to imagine William in bikini:lol:) but if it is true, I would give anything to know whether he actually looked nearly the same as the photoshopped picture in the Sun! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Avalon said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html
I am not sure how credible the article is (it's somewhat hard to imagine William in bikini:lol:) but if it is true, I would give anything to know whether he actually looked nearly the same as the photoshopped picture in the Sun! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As they talk about 200 people who attended the event, I guess it's likely that it's true - otherwise the rival tabloids would print the real story and how would this look like...

As for the picture: I don't believe for a moment that prince Willaim would look quite so feminin. Such a stunt only works if the man really has a good body - otherwise you look not funny but utmost ridiculous. There is a clear border between an Army-joke and ridiculing his position as a future king in public and somehow I'm convinced William knows this border and how to stay beyond it.

It's photoshopped. You can tell because the alignment of the face doesn't quite match up to the alignment of the head. Looks like his face slid sideways. Very creepy.

It also says under the pic "Mock-up ... how Wills might have looked"

D'oh! I didn't even notice that.

Settles it, I guess. :)

Chiyo said:
As I'm sure we all do. Unfortunately, whimpering on a message board isn't going to change the way things are. If you'd like to see William and Harry and the rest of them be more "normal" the only way to go about it, pretty much, is to call for a republic. Frankly, if I had to grow up knowing I'd spend my life wandering around in drudgery in service to the monumentally whiny British public, I'd jet off on holiday as often as I could too.

I don’t believe that I am whimpering on this board. I am merely making a comment. As far as wanting to see William and Harry more ‘normal’, I was again commenting on those other posters that are constantly saying that the boys are just trying to be normal, as well as, William and Harry themselves saying that as well, and may I say that about Princess Diana often made that same comment. Secondly, I do not feel that the Queen herself feels that she is ‘wandering around in drudgery in service to the monumentally whiny British public’ as you say. Now if Wills & Harry feels that way, then perhaps they should abdicate the throne and move to France. The York girls would probably be more than happy to take their places. < ed political comment: Warren >

A final note is me feeling ‘jealous’ :mad: --jealous is what it is—I am jealous. I don’t have the money, time, security or network to do as they do every couple of months. And, I wouldn’t mind being a princess for the ‘whiny British’ because the Queen has been a fine British example of how to act and be as a standing monarch. For anyone not to feel any kind of jealousy towards the Wales’ and their girlfriends as they frolic about surf, nightclubs, etc without a care of where their next meal is or how they’ll pay the rent the next month, especially on a military cadet/cornet pay, then THOSE people who say they are not a tiny bit jealous, both psychologists or psychiatrists wouldn’t say THEY are ‘normal’. So, I am jealous and there isn’t anything wrong with it. Perhaps I may have been TOO loud about it. But, you know it’s great to comment one’s own jealousies amongst fellow forum members. Afterall, we ALL are following the SAME people—those SAME people who wouldn’t invite us in for tea—only in our dreams I’m afraid.

Roslyn said:
When I see photos of them cavorting together half nekkid - and especially lying on the deck with her head on his thigh - I do wonder why they deem it necessary to be photographed arriving at and leaving functions separately. It just seems a bit silly.
How did Prince Edward and Sophie do during their courtship? Were they photographed together before they were married?
TonyaR said:
HRH Kimetha, I do understand what you are saying because it makes perfect sense. I became a royal watcher myself because I enjoy the escapism inherent in following their lives of privilege. However, I strangely find that I'm not jealous, because I realized something a while ago: These people are just single individual persons that have to pay a tremendous price for their royal blood and heritage.
Very good post TonyaR. I really enjoy this escapism myself. It's better than to turn on the telly and see nothing but bad news etc. This forum sometimes is my television. The Windsor's are a great cast for the show that can't be cancelled.:)
Chiyo said:
Agreed. And that's why I'd rather see William & Co. partying in between working than another photograph of Paris $#%@!$ Hilton and her ilk.
I agree with TonyaR and almost all of her post, but I just can't agree with seeing William & Company constanting partying all the time. As far as Paris Hilton and her like, I wouldn't even give her or her space in the same forum as the Royal Family. She and them aren't worthy enough to be mentioned at all.:neutral:
Jo of Palatine said:
My, one sees that Burrell loved... and hurts because this love ended. Though I don't see him loving and mourning the late Diana, but he loved himself as "her rock" and he mourns his own loss - of position, of importance, of knowledge....And not with Paul Burrell who is selfishly in love with his past as Diana's rock.
I agree with your assessment on this one, Jo of Palatine. I also think he was quite angry with the whole clan during that court case several years ago. And, he wanted to sell another book (didn't he write a book or was it just an interview??), so he had to get something really 'juicy' for the publishers to pick him up.
Avalon said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html I am not sure how credible the article is (it's somewhat hard to imagine William in bikini:lol:) but if it is true, I would give anything to know whether he actually looked nearly the same as the photoshopped picture in the Sun! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It would be hard for me to believe because there would have to be someone there trying to get a shot of him in the outfit. Unless, of course, this truly is a joke. But, then again.......:ohmy:

Nice to see Prince William doing something that isn't sports related. I think that he'll become very busy with charities and public duties etc. after he completely finishes all of his training. (including the training he'll undergo after he chooses his regiment.) Thanks for the link Skydragon.

YAY !!!! (and they say they never do anything worthwhile :p)

For those who get CBC, they just showed a documentry with William Harry and Charles that was for the Prince's Trust. There is suppose to be another one coming up at 8pm EST it is just titled Prince William and Prince Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom