Prince William Current Events 11: October-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
UKPrinceWilliamofWales.gif

Welcome to the Prince William Current Events,
part 13

It starts on October 21, 2006

Part 12, covering August - September 2006
can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
Will's Glasses

I guess the glasses weren't for show, just utility because I didn't find them attractive at all IMO.

Knight William
Prince William Set To Receive Knight Award

According to reports, Prince William is set to receive a honorary distinction next year. The British royal - son of late Princess Diana - is the next in line to be a Knight Companion.
The 24-year-old prince has reportedly been selected by his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, to be awarded one of the oldest and most prestigious orders in the world - The Royal Knights Of The Garter.

I don't know about that second link, but the first one monstersandcritics it just reprints other articles a few days later, although in this case it seems to be weeks since I remember this already coming up.

Anyone I don't think there is any chance William will get the Garter soon, or for that matter at all until he is PoW.

I Think he might.....id like for him and his brother to get it.

The article talks about him wearing glasses as a backup for his contacts but I thought William had laser eye surgery. It was in the press awhile back and there was debate here about if he should or shouldn't. Did he change his mind or something?

Prince William current events 13: October 2006-

CasiraghiTrio said:
The article talks about him wearing glasses as a backup for his contacts but I thought William had laser eye surgery. It was in the press awhile back and there was debate here about if he should or shouldn't. Did he change his mind or something?
I believe that there is a two waiting period to get into RMA Sandhurst if you have the laser eye surgery to make that it fully worked.

Wonder if he will wear them more often now?

Royal Fan said:
Wonder if he will wear them more often now?

The Clarence House confirmed that william will wear glasses time to time...

I think he wear glasses all time...

Lots of people wear glasses, in and out of uniform. I just don't get the reason why William is playing hide and seek with wearing them. If his vision requires glasses, it's best he wears them all the time. Putting them on and off can be more harmful to him than just getting photographed. People are acting like it's a shameful thing to wear glasses.

It said he usually wears contact lenses. There's nothing wrong with switching between contacts and glasses. Otherwise I'd be blind by now!

Personally I need glasses but I choose to wear contacts..but every now and again I would wear my glasses to give my eyes a break. Now that William is wearing his glasses I think people might decide to wear their glasses as well and they might feel less "ashamed" even though there's nothing wrong about needing to wear glasses.

Chu-Chi said:
Personally I need glasses but I choose to wear contacts..but every now and again I would wear my glasses to give my eyes a break. Now that William is wearing his glasses I think people might decide to wear their glasses as well and they might feel less "ashamed" even though there's nothing wrong about needing to wear glasses.

I agree. I used to wear contacts and I switched back to glasses, less trouble and bother for me. I think Prince William looks very nice in his glasses, especially in the photos of him in the car with Kate.

CasiraghiTrio said:

Yeah, I read about that too. It was said to be quite risky to have that laser eye surgery, wasn't it?

Actually laser eye suregery is not dangerous. I had it done about 9 years ago, and have been at 20/20 vision since with no complications. I was driving the next day without my glasses! Since then a number of my friends have had the procedure done and have also had no complications and have 20/20 vision.

I did a fair amount of research into the dangers and side effects of laser eye surgery when I was first looking into it. There are less chances of complications or infections than with wearing contact lenses. They do both eyes (one after the other) in the procedure. I see it as a mark of their confidence that, in these litigious tims, they are not worried about damaging both eyes.

I strongly recommend the procedure, and quite frankly don't know why people still wear glasses or contacts when this relatively inexpensive (about $2k for both eyes) and very well-tested procedure is available (with help of a good doctor of course).

lol " Killer " now is that what the Royal Family needs a Bloodthristy Madman (JK) lol

Someone needs to tell the photographers to start their own training...run like hell when the Killer Wales Brothers charge.:lol: BTW, it would seem logical that William is going through the same basic training as Harry did. How come it was never mentioned with Harrry?

It was mentioned for Harry also only it was how going miss part of because he hurt his finger.

Skydragon said:
Taken from the Sun article.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006500235,00.html

"Last night a Sandhurst source said: “Cadets have to really feel aggressive before making a charge. Once instructors have finished with Wills he will be a killer.”

Oh, Please.....:ermm:

Well I guess he's right and they must have to pump themselves up before making a charge; I guess trash talk as as good as anything else for getting the blood boiling but 'Killer Wales'? Sounds like Orca the Killer Whale! :ROFLMAO:

ysbel said:
...but 'Killer Wales'? Sounds like Orca the Killer Whale! :ROFLMAO:

Yes it does...how about, 'Free Willy', the Killer 'Wales'!

Skydragon said:
Taken from the Sun article.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006500235,00.html

"Last night a Sandhurst source said: “Cadets have to really feel aggressive before making a charge. Once instructors have finished with Wills he will be a killer.”

Oh, Please.....:ermm:

Now that is what military training is all about: to get human beings over the in-born inhibition to kill their own species. Some will never do it, some need time to, but it's a known fact that military instructors know exactly how to get most people to become able to kill if need be. When the public accepted that William was to become a soldier (there is no difference between men and officers when it comes to the killing) they accepted that one aim was to make him into a potential killer of other human beings. One who kills on orders of his superiors. So while the wording might be crude, the fact is that that's exactly what the instructors are trying to achieve - beside other things, of course, which include making sure that William is only killing on orders and not for his private pleasure. (I omit the smilie here...)

Does really anyone believe that he "lost" his rifle or was it a Machine Gun?
Would William really do that since get him into trouble and make him look stupid?

Most people don't lose things on purpose. Haha I guess I'm kind of sensitive to the topic because I constantly lose my credit cards, keys, wallet. I feel bad for him

I would imagine it's rather difficult to lose a gun. That said, I don't think he'd do something to intentionally cast a negative light on himself. I think he's a tad bit smarter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom