Prince William Current Events 11: October-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Kimetha said:
Yes it does...how about, 'Free Willy', the Killer 'Wales'!

:lol: That's rather clever!

regardez said:
Most people don't lose things on purpose. Haha I guess I'm kind of sensitive to the topic because I constantly lose my credit cards, keys, wallet. I feel bad for him

I've left my debit card in the machine twice now, and I've been known to misplace keys and things like that, but I doubt I'd lose a rifle. Besides that, William is less than half my age and shouldn't be absent minded, and he must be *extremely* embarrassed about it, poor lamb.

Last edited by a moderator:
kpusa1981 said:
Does really anyone believe that he "lost" his rifle or was it a Machine Gun?
Would William really do that since get him into trouble and make him look stupid?

Hm, it read as if there was more to the story, as another guy found the gun and obvioulsy used it and brought it back later on. So, I don't know but it sounded strange as the article said that these guns are personalized items, so why take it, use it and give it back to the officials instead of searching for the comrade who had "left" it? Why the time gap?

Jo of Palatine said:
Hm, it read as if there was more to the story, as another guy found the gun and obvioulsy used it and brought it back later on. So, I don't know but it sounded strange as the article said that these guns are personalized items, so why take it, use it and give it back to the officials instead of searching for the comrade who had "left" it? Why the time gap?

They are not 'personalised', but they do all have a serial number. When these weapons are signed out, Tom will check and agree the serial number of the weapon he is signing for, before he signs, Dick will check and agree the number of the weapon he is signing for, before he signs, etc.

It should be immaterial that another cadet found it and mistook it for his assigned weapon and then found when it was being signed back in, that it wasn't the weapon that was supposed to be in his keeping. William should, the moment he realised that he had mislaid it, have reported it to allow a full search.

Anyone could have found, used or sold the blooming thing and if he does get the SoH, then shame on the Officers Commanding!

I'm still baffled as to how you misplace one of those guns. They're not exactly hard to miss!

Skydragon said:
William should, the moment he realised that he had mislaid it, have reported it to allow a full search.

Anyone could have found, used or sold the blooming thing and if he does get the SoH, then shame on the Officers Commanding!

You're right. To become an officer means as well to learn when to say you're in the wrong and ask for help in preventing potential danger instead of trying to save the world single-handed. The aim should always be more important than the ego when working together in an group-effort and the way it was reported William handled the situation was wrong IMHO.

Maybe it was some sort of test for those cadets in line for the SoH? Like one cadet was ordered to take William's gun and another to offer his bicycle? Like a character test? I know tests like that are performed with future pilots at the US air force and if the test goes the wrong way, the pilot will have to serve in another, not so prestigious unit.

When I first started reading the story I instantly thought to myself he didn't misplace it , rather I am sure someone took it. Either by accident or on purpose. Which ever it was I don't think that Wills has to worry all that much.
Having gone through training myself I know they are much harder on you when you have a perfect record and then screw up, especially near the completion of your training. But it is just usually a verbal dressing down and maybe an extra duty for a day or two. I still hope he gets the SOH.

It's actually reassuring to know that Prince William's mislaying of his weapon, or being careless, (such as allowing another cadet to pick it up mistakenly) might very well result in him not being considered for the Sword of Honour.

It means that the Officers in charge actually intended for any honours given to be truly earned.
I hope that Prince William has learned a valuable lesson about being alert and keeping track of items you are responsible for even in the midst of great activity. It's too bad that he's out of the running for the award, but at least he knows how to handle this type of thing properly from now on. ;)

karla64 said:

It would be great if he did come - particularly to the Sydney test as I will be at that one but if he does come to it I hope he doesn't come in early February, as stated in the article - he will have missed the test by a month if he does. For those of you who don't know the Sydney Test starts on January 2nd and ends on January 6th. Sydney is the last test of the series.

If he comes in early February he will be going to the one-dayers.

Could it be other cadet play trick on him by took his gun and hide it and then brought it back later?

lord_rankin said:
When I first started reading the story I instantly thought to myself he didn't misplace it , rather I am sure someone took it. Either by accident or on purpose...

Actually, that's what my husband said, too--that someone probably took it to get William into trouble while William was preoccupied with another matter leaving a 'buddy' to watch the gun.

Or, did he become somewhat unfocused when carrying the gun? And, so what was he doing between the time he signed out the gun and went to actually use it? The article said he went searching across the base. So, apparently the lad may have run some errands on the way to the shooting course.

kpusa1981 said:
William's gun 'was not lost'
This is another article. What does everyone think of this artilce?

Interesting because this may have happened and William perhaps thought he was the one that had to return that one weapon. If so, he didn't understand the policy, which could be construed as a concern by the Commanders. Yet, if he did understand the policy and he went searching for the gun, then perhaps he did mess up. Or, again have a fellow cadet to cause him some 'discomfort' as a prank.

Last edited:
making sure that William is only killing on orders and not for his private pleasure. (I omit the smilie here...)

Well yes, especially after the incident with the royal family of Nepal. :wacko:

kpusa1981 said:
William's gun 'was not lost'
This is another article. What does everyone think of this artilce?

I think it's a total cover up! :ermm:

It was a training exercise not a trip to the shooting range.
All cadets sign for the weapon they are taking out, Tom signs for gun one, Dick signs for gun two, Jayne signs for gun three and so on. Yes technically they are 'pool' guns but, it has to be known who had what gun in the event of an accident, on what day and at what time.

I don't believe that someone took the weapon for mischief or as a test, (that is not the sort of stunt pulled at RMAS), William clearly did not have his mind on what he was supposed to be doing and left it somewhere and then instead of reporting a missing weapon, thought he could spend hours searching for it, rather than completing his assigned tasks!.

The L86 Light Support Weapon (775 rounds per minute) is a small machine gun and can do a lot of damage to a lot of people, if it falls into the wrong hands. If you lose your credit card or keys, the only damage could be to your wallet.

Skydragon said:
The L86 Light Support Weapon (775 rounds per minute) is a small machine gun and can do a lot of damage to a lot of people, if it falls into the wrong hands. If you lose your credit card or keys, the only damage could be to your wallet.

Precisely!

William enjoys hunting, so he'd know how to use a rifle and would have had respect for guns drilled into him for years. I'm very surprised he managed to misplace a machine gun that can fire off 775 rounds per minute! :blush: He doesn't seem to have his mind on the job.

Roslyn said:
Precisely!

William enjoys hunting, so he'd know how to use a rifle and would have had respect for guns drilled into him for years. I'm very surprised he managed to misplace a machine gun that can fire off 775 rounds per minute! :blush: He doesn't seem to have his mind on the job.

Or perhaps he didn't have his mind on his job that day! :p
According to the news stories, until this incident took place Prince William was considered to have been doing well in his military training and his superiours were pleased with his progress.

I wonder why he was so careless on this particular day? I guess we all have to make allowances for human error, whether a person is a prince or not. :p

Skydragon
Does this even effect Wlliam change any chance he had of possibly getting the Acadimic award?
I would think it would ruin any chances of he Sword of Honour. How about you?

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon
Does this even effect Wlliam change any chance he had of possibly getting the Acadimic award?
I would think it would ruin any chances of he Sword of Honour. How about you?

It should, under normal circumstances, with a normal officer cadet.

Losing track of your assigned weapon would normally ensure that you were out of the running for any award, whether you are a private or a trainee officer. It would be more understandable if he were in his first term, but he is due to pass out in December.
It wouldn't matter if you were 100% perfect at everything else, it is seen as an unforgivable offence. It could, after all, have cost innocent people or your own men, their lives!

Skydragon , There were rumours about Harry being the running for the Sword of Honour and he did not get Sword of Honour. I think that it is fair that William does not get any awards.

Last edited:
I would have been very happy to see Wills at Bingo Night if I were attending. Sometimes my friends and I have Bingo night, but unfortunately Wills doesn't show up.:lol:

Oh dear, those teeth again. Wouldn't you think someone would tell him how unattractive he looks in that particular pose! :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

It's always that same picture :lol: and he looks always soo funny and I always laugh :ROFLMAO:
It just calles for caption ;)

I think he looks kinda cute with his glasses. Although I have to say that the guy in the middle looks more handsomer.

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon , There were rumours about Harry being the running for the Sword of Honour and he did not get Sword of Honour. I think that it is fair that William does not get any awards.

If he was getting the award only because he is Prince William would be unfair but to deny him the award if he really is the best cadet because he is Prince William is just as unfair.

The award must go to the best cadet regardless of who that person it - to do otherwise is to diminish the award IMHO.

karla64 said:

It's really hilarious that such thing happens.OMG, can't recognise P.William..:bang: But, I don't think they can totally blame the girl also.. She is just doing her duty.. Does it mean because of your rank then you can enter without ticket? :lol: I'm not sure too.. What do you all think? :ermm:

Well, barred from club class or no, there's one thing we can be glad about.

From the article:
Another passenger said that Prince William had kept to the back of the group and had not tried to pull rank.
Phew!

Chiyo said:
Well, barred from club class or no, there's one thing we can be glad about.

From the article:

Phew!

Yes, I'm glad about that too.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom