The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William current events 11: July-August 2006

Welcome to part 11 of the thread to discuss Prince William's current events.

The old thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-9540.html

Old 07-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Aristocracy

William look so aristocratic in that red polo shirt, his new haircut, and those boots I can barely stand it! His looks have really changed since attending Sandhurst.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

WILLIAM JOINS HARRY IN SEEING THE FUNNY SIDE OF ARMY LIFE

Not long after Prince Harry had difficulty retaining his composure on duty, Prince William seems to have found it equally hard to suppress a smile as he took part in a parade at Blenheim Palace last week.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...princewilliam/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	william-1a.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	253489  
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Isn't it amazing, any other soldier would have been punished for such an offence as was committed by Harry and now William. Officers get away with all sorts but, even they are charged with correct behaviour on a parade. :(
Old 07-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Is anyone else having trouble with the article ? Everytime I try to read it I get re-directed to the front page. All the other Hello articles seem to be working fine.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Isn't it amazing, any other soldier would have been punished for such an offence as was committed by Harry and now William. Officers get away with all sorts but, even they are charged with correct behaviour on a parade. :(
If the queen had wanted prince Harry to behave like any other she shouldn't have made a joke to him like the : "Not here's a face that I recognise." As for prince William, I don't think all militarian traditions can be observed so completely as they would with any other young cadet. He is after all the future king of the UK and while he is trained like the other future officers he is one day to be the first-in-command. So I guess it's just right they let him see there is a slightly more human side to the military...
Old 07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Nobility

William looks like a little boy in his uniform. I couldn't believe these were current pictures.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Commoner

I wonder what made William laugh? Along with Harry (back in April).
Old 07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Courtier

New pics william play polo again today(?)

http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r...prince+william
Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Commoner

he sure plays an awful lot of polo..
is that like the British version of basketball or something?

great pix Karla, btw!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
There are a couple of pics smiling were he is smiling but he is not the only one.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
As for prince William, I don't think all militarian traditions can be observed so completely as they would with any other young cadet. He is after all the future king of the UK and while he is trained like the other future officers he is one day to be the first-in-command. So I guess it's just right they let him see there is a slightly more human side to the military...
Here we will have to difer, as someone who is going to be in charge of other men and women throughout his military career and beyond, he should by now, be able show a little self discipline. It will be harder for 'his' men and women to show him any respect, if he can't keep a straight face when on parade.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
There are a couple of pics smiling were he is smiling but he is not the only one.
The main picture, shown in the Hello article was apparently taken when they were being inspected and he should not have been smiling. The other photos seem to be as they were relaxing after the group photo.
None of them should have been smiling during the inspection.

This expression is much more appropriate, IMO. - Getty Images

Old 07-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The main picture, shown in the Hello article was apparently taken when they were being inspected and he should not have been smiling. The other photos seem to be as they were relaxing after the group photo.
None of them should have been smiling during the inspection.
If we consider why in the past the very strict dicipline within an army was necessary as officers had to be examples for their uneducated subordinates - they after all were the masters of all, including death penalities - and see that today the general opinion about this has changed, then IMHO it is acceptable. It is pre-human rights against a society of people with citizen rights, even if they are "citizens in uniform". Or is this view so completely different in the UK?

Smiling at a parade does not necessarily show that the officer in question is weak - it shows IMHO that he is still human even though he does his duty.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Here we will have to difer, as someone who is going to be in charge of other men and women throughout his military career and beyond, he should by now, be able show a little self discipline. It will be harder for 'his' men and women to show him any respect, if he can't keep a straight face when on parade.
I am not even sure theat the picture that Hello used was taken during the insection since a man in a bowler hat who aappears to have passed him.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
I am not even sure theat the picture that Hello used was taken during the insection since a man in a bowler hat who aappears to have passed him.
The whole company was being inspected and presented to His Grace the Duke of Marlborough, the man in the Bowler hat.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The main picture, shown in the Hello article was apparently taken when they were being inspected and he should not have been smiling. The other photos seem to be as they were relaxing after the group photo. None of them should have been smiling during the inspection.
Okay, you have your opinion and I have mine - but as you (seriously!) convinced me that you know quite a lot more about how "things are done" in Britain, I guess cadet officer Wales is in for a serious rebuke....

Tags
prince william