The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The recruit wasn't in the boots at the time. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
okay. I know that. Is the Passing Out for the Senior going to be Aug 11 2006 and will William marchin that one with the Seconfd Term cadets?
Thank you
Officer cadets do not march in the parade until their own passing out. William will probably be sat on the benches, the same as he was for his brothers parade.

As William always generates a lot of media interest, I expect we will see some photo's, from someone.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Nobility

Harry marched in the December 2005 parade and than his own in April 2006.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Harry marched in the December 2005 parade and than his own in April 2006.
We seem to have been talking at cross purposes. Yes you are right, he will march this time as he is in his 2nd term.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Reporter recalls finding phone scam

A television reporter has described the moment he and Prince William realised that the mobile phone voicemail messages of Royal aides could have been hacked into.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09082006/34...hone-scam.html
Old 08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

CAMILLA AND YOUNG PRINCES WELCOMED INTO THE NAVY

William and Harry are also taking on duties as naval patrons. Charles' eldest son will take an honorary position with the Navy's submarine division, while his brother has a similar role in relation to small ships

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...08/09/camilla/
Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Reporter recalls finding phone scam

A television reporter has described the moment he and Prince William realised that the mobile phone voicemail messages of Royal aides could have been hacked into.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09082006/34...hone-scam.html

Outside the story about the phone scam, I guess I'm a busy body and snoopy and want to know what the reporter and Prince William had to discuss at their meeting...and what is this I hear about someone's knee surgery.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
The recruit wasn't in the boots at the time. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Maybe William just pushed his weight around. I know when I was in basic training here in the US, we had our troop leaders yell us down right up to our noses etc. This was women's training. I heard training for the men is more stressful. Oh well, maybe Wills gets to feeling better when he raises up to his 'royal standing' and makes complaints about things.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Aristocracy

Wait, I thought William was just standing there when the boot-stomping happened. I haven't heard anything about his being involved otherwise.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Maybe William just pushed his weight around. I know when I was in basic training here in the US, we had our troop leaders yell us down right up to our noses etc. This was women's training. I heard training for the men is more stressful. Oh well, maybe Wills gets to feeling better when he raises up to his 'royal standing' and makes complaints about things.
One of my mob was wearing his boots when the instructor sprinkled gravel on them and proceeded to 'grind' it in. It has always happened and like in the USA, instructors shouting and making life hell is normal.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
From what I understand, William didn't have anything to do with the situation at all, other than being a witness just like all the other trainees standing there.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know to which articles in the News of the World about "intimate" phone conversations or messages of Prince William to Kate Middleton today's papers are refering in their reports about the current phone affair?

As it seems that the contents of the articles were quite well-founded this time I'd love to learn waht William said... <grin>
Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
New photos william in parade...
The photo's are practising for the parade on the 9th August 2006.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

William looks fantastic! So handsome!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Courtier

More artirles
Prince william grinadier??
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006360763,00.html

Moment Prince william discovered 'voicemail scam'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv..._pages_id=1770
Old 08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Nobility

http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=12541205
http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=12541213
These are Prince William so at least these pictures from yesterday.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

That's what The Times - Online is reporting today at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...307604,00.html

Scotland Yard was called in last November to investigate complaints that three key officials at Clarence House, who liaise daily with the princes, had been targeted by hackers. But in the ensuing months the princes continued to use their telephones, with some of their text messages to their girlfriends being reprinted in the News of the World.

End of quote.

I wonder what made them do this - it sounds incredibly stupid to go on writing messages to their girlfriends knowing there is a good chance these might turn up in the press. Especially if it was done by Diana's sons!

I checked and found that last november there were several pics and reports of private outings of William and Kate, very low-key events where they met to have dinner in a pub or went out into a private club. Plus there were reports that William planned to hire a private plane to fly him from christmas at Sandringham to a visit with Kate in case the queen wouldn't allow Kate to join in the festivities.
There was one report about prince Harry clubbing.

I guess it had helped to know in advance where the princes would turn up for private outings in town.... Maybe someone else finds more?
So I am not sure if they didn't use their knowledge to communicate these messages. Does anyone know anything about the contents?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
.....I checked and found that last november there were several pics and reports of private outings of William and Kate, very low-key events where they met to have dinner in a pub or went out into a private club. Plus there were reports that William planned to hire a private plane to fly him from christmas at Sandringham to a visit with Kate in case the queen wouldn't allow Kate to join in the festivities.
There was one report about prince Harry clubbing....
Jo, is there an URL for the information, or are you able to post any links to the pics and reports?
I'm just being Nosy!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william