The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Id say Welsh, Irish or Life Gaurds (Cermonial) :) imho

Old 07-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
What Regiment does everyone think William will join in Jan '07?
Blues and Royals (Cermonial)
Walesh Gaurd
Irish Gaurd
Life Gaurds (Cermonial)
I read somewhere on the internet that William may be selecting the Life Guards because of the polo playing.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Old 07-18-2006, 03:38 AM
Courtier

William Offers First Aid

Just read an article about Prince William offering first aid to dying football fan during his first time handing out the cup. Is this old news? Haven't seen this on the forum.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...ays_biographer
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Just read an article about Prince William offering first aid to dying football fan during his first time handing out the cup. Is this old news? Haven't seen this on the forum.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com...ays_biographer
It's pretty old news, yes. We did discuss it here. There was a big article in Hello! about it as well.
But I think an old fan died during the match and William offered words of comfort to his son.
I have never heard about him, offering first aid. I thinkg what he did, was saying to the dead man's son "tell me if I can help you in any way" or something like that.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Wills leads charity run pack

A race to promote Sports Relief was led by Prince William at Sandhurst military academy.
http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good for him!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Nobility

Royal Fan
He could as easily play Polo while in the Blues and Royals (Cermonial).
Thanks for answering though.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Good for William. sport releif
Old 07-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I read somewhere on the internet that William may be selecting the Life Guards because of the polo playing.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
The People is a subsidary of the tabloid Mirror I think. Playing polo is not confined to the Life Guards regiments, most Officers have or do play polo, regardless of which regiment they are in.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
But I think an old fan died during the match and William offered words of comfort to his son.I have never heard about him, offering first aid. I thinkg what he did, was saying to the dead man's son "tell me if I can help you in any way" or something like that.
Yes, I read about him consoling the son, but the article also states that William handed his security a note telling them that he knows first aid and may be able to help. The article link is above. Did anyone else hear about this?:)
Old 07-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes, I read about him consoling the son, but the article also states that William handed his security a note telling them that he knows first aid and may be able to help. The article link is above. Did anyone else hear about this?:)
The father was dealt with by the medical staff that are always at these events, so I wouldn't have thought William would have mentioned that he did first aid to anyone.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:21 AM
Commoner

Wills faces Nuke suit test

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006340199,00.html
Old 07-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyesonarmani
I hope he can survive through hot weather....

more stories
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_f...her-21029.html
Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
There are a couple of pics smiling were he is smiling but he is not the only one.
Do bear in mind that it appears that he knows his duty and is attempting to surpress his smile, as ALL officers would do. Also bear in mind that he is a young man TRAINING to be an officer, and must learn all of the rules, and be able to hold to them, and that takes TIME. I am sure that there are others who are trying to surpress smiles, but they are not such interesting photography subjects as Prince William. Again, at least he is trying to surpress his smile, as all trainees would do.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I really wonder what he is like in person. I hope that he has his mothers sparkles, and that he is still down to earth, and caring!

Also, regarding the polo games, I believe that each and every one that he has played in since going to Sandhurst has been a charity event. As second in line to the throne, that is part of his duty, to raise awareness for charities, etc. And when he attends, naturally there is more interest and more money donated. So to get time off from Sandhurst for something along those lines, I believe it is perfectly acceptable.

His first duty is to his country, and by combining that with his military training, he is doing a very good job. I am also sure that Her Majesty, his father and their PR people along with the school, and himself, determine together which events will not conflict with his training. So long as he is not missing training, it's ok in my opinion.

Furthermore, he is not any cadet, he does have obligations that the other cadets do not have. As long as he is properly trained to lead his men and women at the end of the day, he does need to fulfill his other obligations. And they are obligations! He did not ask for this life, but he is doing very well at it in my opinion. But along with the lifestyle comes the OBLIGATIONS to millions of people.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Also, regarding the polo games, I believe that each and every one that he has played in since going to Sandhurst has been a charity event. As second in line to the throne, that is part of his duty, to raise awareness for charities, etc. And when he attends, naturally there is more interest and more money donated. So to get time off from Sandhurst for something along those lines, I believe it is perfectly acceptable.
His first duty is to his country, and by combining that with his military training, he is doing a very good job.
As a member of the Armed Forces, drawing a salary, his first obligation is to his employer, who in this day and age, is the taxpayer.
To keep getting time off to play a game of polo, means that there may be parts of training that he will miss, possibly containing information he may need if he is going to do his job properly. Men and Women could be relying on him and the decisions he may have to make. How can any of 'his' men or women respect someone who got his pips but, didn't even do the course, that got his rank based solely on who he is?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
As a member of the Armed Forces, drawing a salary, his first obligation is to his employer, who in this day and age, is the taxpayer.
To keep getting time off to play a game of polo, means that there may be parts of training that he will miss, possibly containing information he may need if he is going to do his job properly. Men and Women could be relying on him and the decisions he may have to make. How can any of 'his' men or women respect someone who got his pips but, didn't even do the course, that got his rank based solely on who he is?
As almost always, I agree with you Skydragon.
If he chose to go into army then he must do his work properly. I understant that those matches are for charity porposes, however he will be able to raise money for charity later but he is not going to have a 'second training'. He is going to be Commander-in-Chief one day (even with no real powers) so he better know what he is doing.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Prince William in army training drama....

two people of william's sandhurst pals have been airlifted to hosptal after collapsing from heat exhaustion..

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/
Old 07-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Courtier

and more stories

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5221836.stm
Old 07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

[quote=Empress]

I love your comments, they are so insightful and reasonable. I agree with everything you said about William's Life and what goes into deciding what he should and shouldn't do. :)

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william