Prince William Current Events 10: September-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember that this thread covers Prince William's current events.

Discussion of Miss Middleton's working options and lack of them is well outside its borders.

Thank you for co-operation

i just want william to be allowed to be happy and live his OWN life (it will not always be that way)
i sincerely hope "the firm" is not putting any pressure on them, we've already seen that play and the last act was tragic! those who don't learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them. (forget who said that, but they were smart :) He seems to be a level headed responsible man, leave him alone and let him make his own decisions, after all he has to live with them.
personally they need to track down these "royal aides" and show them the door they are not helping the situation because i doubt they know anymore of their personal relationship than we do and speculation and manipulation puts more pressure on william and I DON"T LIKE IT, sorry but i love this kid.

bbb said:
i just want william to be allowed to be happy and live his OWN life (it will not always be that way)

Very well said, :clap: it's what we all want for our own children, why should William be expected to have anything less.

Skydragon said:
As none of us knows what Kate does with her life, it might be a little presumptuous to judge her, after all what you do with your life, or what I do in mine, might not be how others would choose to live, but I would hope before being too judgemental we would have all the facts. :bang:
YOU GO SKYDRAGON GIRL/LADY!!!!;)

LONDON, ENGLAND - SEPTEMBER 20: Prince William arrives to re-open the Winnicott Baby Unit, a neo-natal intensive care ward at St Mary's Hospital where he was born 24 years ago, on September 20, 2006 in London, England

from getty

Last edited:
Last edited:
wonderful!! He seemed very interested in the babies and he seemed to be enjoying himself. I love the picture of him holding that teeny tiny baby...he looks nervous!
I wonder, is he on break form Sandhurst?

adorable photos!

william is so sweet visiting the place where he born!

The more William grows up, the more he reminds me of his uncle Prince Andrew. Not so much in looks but in his demeanour and body language.

fanletizia said:
More from getty
Yes...yes...such a baby suits him well. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
christinacg said:
I wonder, is he on break form Sandhurst?

He was given time off I believe. :flowers:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=406339&in_page_id=1770

William joins the Blues and Royals.

Prince William is following his brother, Prince Harry, into the Household Cavalry's Blues and Royals, Clarence House announced today.
The 24-year-old, who will one day be head of the Armed Forces, will train to be a troop leader in an armoured reconnaissance unit, just like Harry.
He will begin a six-month training course, which his younger sibling is due to finish soon, at Bovington Camp in Dorset after passing out from Sandhurst in December.
Clarence House also outlined plans for crafting second-in-line to the throne William into a future King.
After about a year in the Army, the Prince will spend time with both the RAF and the Royal Navy on "familiarisation attachments".
He will, at this point, carry out public engagements in parallel to his military career and they will become more frequent as he approaches the end of his service.
... and a lot more! Great article.

Good luck, William! It's all downhill from here.

ysbel said:
The more William grows up, the more he reminds me of his uncle Prince Andrew. Not so much in looks but in his demeanour and body language.

That's right he does resemble Prince Andrew

I geuss I was worng about William not wanting to start as 2nd Lt and choosing a different Regiment than Harry. Maybe it is because makes their security costs cheaper while in the Army. Since he has choosen the Armoured Resse will be able to do the Cermonial as well or not? I am sort of suprised that the Army or Regiment allowed him to the Armoured Resse being that he is second in line.

Good luck to him. (although not yet even a commissioned officer)

Last edited:
royalty_101_ said:
the picture were he's holding the baby.. its so adorable

I do not mean to be rude... but William's head looks soooo BIG... I guess its the way they took the photo :rolleyes: .

Queens said:
I do not mean to be rude... but William's head looks soooo BIG... I guess its the way they took the photo :rolleyes: .

I think it's because of his big smile where his mouth is open so wide. I think his better pictures are taken without showing a lot of teeth. Harry has a better mouth for showing the teeth than William's. Then there is the haircut that I think creates an illusion of a much larger head, but then again he MAY have a longer head than rounder.

I just saw the same pic of William holding a baby on Good Morning America. Actually it was tv footage and I must say that he looked marvelous.

HRH Kimetha said:
I think it's because of his big smile where his mouth is open so wide.

You're right. His mouth was in motion on this picture.

That's the same footage I saw on Good Morning America. I have to side with the Ministry of Defence on their stance though.

Why was this fact announced so much before he finishs Sandhurst whereas with Harry it was just within his last month of training at Sandhurst?

kpusa1981 said:
Why was this fact announced so much before he finishs Sandhurst whereas with Harry it was just within his last month of training at Sandhurst?
That is a little strange. Perhaps they wanted to make his itinerary known to the public well before his passing out of Sandhurst because he will be taking on more public duties?

As a matter of fact, I wonder if Prince William took those vacations this year because he knew the year would end with his public duties and royal appearances being increased?

TonyaR said:
As a matter of fact, I wonder if Prince William took those vacations this year because he knew the year would end with his public duties and royal appearances being increased?

That's what I would guess. Puts paid to the people who kept calling him lazy.

Well, no it doesn't actually. I still haven't seen any work. I don't call bayoneting hay-filled sacks and visiting one hospital a glittering career or a heavy workload. Then again, he'll never have my approval so he might as well do what he likes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom