Prince William Current Events 9: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
As a member of the Armed Forces, drawing a salary, his first obligation is to his employer, who in this day and age, is the taxpayer.
To keep getting time off to play a game of polo, means that there may be parts of training that he will miss, possibly containing information he may need if he is going to do his job properly. Men and Women could be relying on him and the decisions he may have to make. How can any of 'his' men or women respect someone who got his pips but, didn't even do the course, that got his rank based solely on who he is? :confused:

I think you're right but I think the point may be lost on those not familiar to the military which is a large part of the population.

kpusa1981 said:
Is the polo game on 13/07/06 at Sandhurst any different than the ones that William played mid-week played in late June ansd early July?
Does anyone think that Prince William play anymore polo games after July while at Sandhurst?

I don't think he will.

I don't know much about polo, but is polo a year round sport? And, did he play along with Harry at the Cartier polo match? Finally, now that both he and Harry collect a paycheck, I guess they both also get an allowance from their father so they can still play polo as it is an expensive sport to be part of.

In England Polo is only played between April and September.

Roslyn said:
That he does! And the feminist in me daydreams about seeing a photo captioned, "Prince William watches Kate Middleton playing polo".:D

no make that, Princes William and Harry watch Kate Middleton and Chelsy Davy play polo. :lol::ROFLMAO:

Skydragon
Is the polo game on 13/07/06 at Sandhurst any different than the ones that William played mid-week played in late June and early July?
Everyone
Does anyone think that Prince William play anymore polo games after July while at Sandhurst?

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon
Is the polo game on 13/07/06 at Sandhurst any different than the ones that William played mid-week played in late June and early July?
Everyone

These were nothing to do with RMAS (as far as I know) 7/05/06 - Audi Challenge, 28/06/06, 1/07/06 - Charity, 05/07/06.

The Polo game on 15/07/06 was The Rundle Cup and was Sandhurst related.

Last edited:
Thank you.
anyone or Skydragon
This was the game at Sandhurst. Were these from the Rundle Cup?
http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_preview.php?idp=12438598
http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_preview.php?idp=12438580

This was from the Rundle Cup.
c.gif
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/71455941.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_emea&s=1

I believe that the other games raised money things he is patrons of or the Primce'sTrust.

Last edited:
Skydragon
When is the passing out parade for the cadets that started last September?
Will there pictures of it?
There was the second Freedom of the Borough of Bracknell Forest Parade on Saturday 15th July. Why haven't there been any photo's of it?

kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon
There was the second Freedom of the Borough of Bracknell Forest Parade on Saturday 15th July. Why haven't there been any photo's of it?

I think it is this Friday (11/08) as I know someone who started there last September and it's the ball that night.

William academy officer suspended

A regimental sergeant major at the military college where Prince William is training as an officer has been removed from his post.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08082006/344/william-academy-officer-suspended.html

Army college officer probe

A regimental sergeant major at Prince William's military college has been suspended from his post for allegedly stamping on a cadet's boots because they were not shiny enough.
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1150582006

Prince William in Gibraltar this week

Prince William, second in line to the throne, will be in Gibraltar this week.
"Wills and 12 other Sandhurst cadets will spend seven days crewing a racing yacht in the Mediterranean," said the Sunday People in an exclusive report.

http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/headlines.php?action=view_article&article=1284&offset=0

Last edited by a moderator:
kpusa1981 said:
Skydragon

William started training on the 9th January 2005 so he will pass out in December and I'm sure we will see the same amount of media interest and photo's that Harry got.
:)

karla64 said:

Oh shock, horror. This has gone on for years, why the fuss now?

Prince William current events 11: July 2006-

Skydragon said:
Oh shock, horror. This has gone on for years, why the fuss now?
Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Skydragon

William started training on the 9th January 2005 so he will pass out in December and I'm sure we will see the same amount of media interest and photo's that Harry got.
okay. I know that. Is the Passing Out for the Senior going to be Aug 11 2006 and will William marchin that one with the Seconfd Term cadets?
Thank you

The recruit wasn't in the boots at the time. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

kpusa1981 said:
okay. I know that. Is the Passing Out for the Senior going to be Aug 11 2006 and will William marchin that one with the Seconfd Term cadets?
Thank you

Officer cadets do not march in the parade until their own passing out. William will probably be sat on the benches, the same as he was for his brothers parade.

As William always generates a lot of media interest, I expect we will see some photo's, from someone. :rolleyes:

kpusa1981 said:
Harry marched in the December 2005 parade and than his own in April 2006.

We seem to have been talking at cross purposes. Yes you are right, he will march this time as he is in his 2nd term. :flowers:

Reporter recalls finding phone scam

A television reporter has described the moment he and Prince William realised that the mobile phone voicemail messages of Royal aides could have been hacked into.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09082006/344/reporter-recalls-finding-phone-scam.html

Skydragon said:
Reporter recalls finding phone scam

A television reporter has described the moment he and Prince William realised that the mobile phone voicemail messages of Royal aides could have been hacked into.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09082006/344/reporter-recalls-finding-phone-scam.html

Outside the story about the phone scam, I guess I'm a busy body and snoopy and want to know what the reporter and Prince William had to discuss at their meeting...and what is this I hear about someone's knee surgery.:ermm:

Roslyn said:
The recruit wasn't in the boots at the time. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Maybe William just pushed his weight around. I know when I was in basic training here in the US, we had our troop leaders yell us down right up to our noses etc. This was women's training. I heard training for the men is more stressful. Oh well, maybe Wills gets to feeling better when he raises up to his 'royal standing' and makes complaints about things.:ohmy:

Wait, I thought William was just standing there when the boot-stomping happened. I haven't heard anything about his being involved otherwise.

HRH Kimetha said:
Maybe William just pushed his weight around. I know when I was in basic training here in the US, we had our troop leaders yell us down right up to our noses etc. This was women's training. I heard training for the men is more stressful. Oh well, maybe Wills gets to feeling better when he raises up to his 'royal standing' and makes complaints about things.:ohmy:

One of my mob was wearing his boots when the instructor sprinkled gravel on them and proceeded to 'grind' it in. It has always happened and like in the USA, instructors shouting and making life hell is normal. :rolleyes:

HRH Kimetha said:
From what I understand, William didn't have anything to do with the situation at all, other than being a witness just like all the other trainees standing there.

Does anyone know to which articles in the News of the World about "intimate" phone conversations or messages of Prince William to Kate Middleton today's papers are refering in their reports about the current phone affair?

As it seems that the contents of the articles were quite well-founded this time I'd love to learn waht William said... <grin>

karla64 said:
New photos william in parade...
The photo's are practising for the parade on the 9th August 2006.

That's what The Times - Online is reporting today at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2307604,00.html

Scotland Yard was called in last November to investigate complaints that three key officials at Clarence House, who liaise daily with the princes, had been targeted by hackers. But in the ensuing months the princes continued to use their telephones, with some of their text messages to their girlfriends being reprinted in the News of the World.

End of quote.

I wonder what made them do this - it sounds incredibly stupid to go on writing messages to their girlfriends knowing there is a good chance these might turn up in the press. Especially if it was done by Diana's sons!

I checked and found that last november there were several pics and reports of private outings of William and Kate, very low-key events where they met to have dinner in a pub or went out into a private club. Plus there were reports that William planned to hire a private plane to fly him from christmas at Sandringham to a visit with Kate in case the queen wouldn't allow Kate to join in the festivities.
There was one report about prince Harry clubbing.

I guess it had helped to know in advance where the princes would turn up for private outings in town.... Maybe someone else finds more?
So I am not sure if they didn't use their knowledge to communicate these messages. Does anyone know anything about the contents? :)

Last edited:
Jo of Palatine said:
.....I checked and found that last november there were several pics and reports of private outings of William and Kate, very low-key events where they met to have dinner in a pub or went out into a private club. Plus there were reports that William planned to hire a private plane to fly him from christmas at Sandringham to a visit with Kate in case the queen wouldn't allow Kate to join in the festivities.
There was one report about prince Harry clubbing....
:) Jo, is there an URL for the information, or are you able to post any links to the pics and reports?
I'm just being Nosy! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom