Prince William Current Events 9: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William Current Events part 11: July 2006-

Skydragon said:
I'm afraid it seems we are not past those days. Trainee officers are not normally allowed time off during the term, except for death bed vigils, severe family illness and funerals. :(

Once he has passed out, he can join any number of army teams (football, rugby, polo, showjumping, to name a few) and get time off to attend, unless he is on active service (bit hard to get home from Afghanistan to play a match).
So what you are saying ,Skydragon, is that he hould not get off for the mid-week matches or are you sayin rhat he should not even be allowed to play in Polo matches on the weekend?

Roslyn said:
That he does! And the feminist in me daydreams about seeing a photo captioned, "Prince William watches Kate Middleton playing polo".:D

same here!
she should be more active in her life instead of going to all of William's things. I'm not saying she shouldn't support William but it'd be just as interesting watching her play polo!

I am afraid I with Skydragon on this issue - any other trainee officer would not be allowed to smile during the inspection, and he would not be allowed to go for polo matches, even if it's for charity causes.
I am not saying he must be punished somehow or that he must forbidded to go to those chairty matched, just statement of fact.

I think its great that he gets time off from Sandhurst to play a polo game or two because if he was under house arrest while at Sandhurst, this forum would sort've die without the occasional paparazzi shot of him or the tabloids creating some insane headline every once in a while.

He is the future king after all, he might as well play some polo once in a while.

kpusa1981 said:
So what you are saying ,Skydragon, is that he hould not get off for the mid-week matches or are you sayin rhat he should not even be allowed to play in Polo matches on the weekend?

I feel he should be treated the same as any other O Cadet and allowed to do what he wants at the weekend or in the evenings but, while he is in the forces, he should not be allowed to, apparently, abuse his position. I don't however hold him entirely at fault, this was obviously a decision taken higher up the chain of command.:)

Select pictures from Bruno Press. Check out more at www.brunopress.com.
I like the picture where he's eating Toblerone because I really like Toblerone too! :D

Attachments

• william 7.jpg
    william 7.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 202
  • william 8.jpg
    william 8.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 224
  • william 9.jpg
    william 9.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 272
  • william 10.jpg
    william 10.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 225
  • willliam 11.jpg
    willliam 11.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 225
Skydragon said:
I feel he should be treated the same as any other O Cadet and allowed to do what he wants at the weekend or in the evenings but, while he is in the forces, he should not be allowed to, apparently, abuse his position. I don't however hold him entirely at fault, this was obviously a decision taken higher up the chain of command.:)
#
Are we talking polo here or is it about his having the time to be a "private" even though he is an officer in training?

As I wanted to point out - ans so far noone contradicted me - polo may well be a sport whose tournaments are considered serious sport and to be supported by the military. Just think the olympics - noone would ask of an officer in training who is a serious competitor to miss the olympics just because he should be training for his military career...

So let me ask again: how good is prince William? Is he seriously considered to be one of Britain's best? And is polo a sport that is considered a serious sport (it used to be an olympic competition, after all!) and is thus supported by the army? If so, I think it's alright for him to play polo.

As for the smiling while on parade - I guess there are ways to punish him without alerting the public to his "misbehaviour". IMHO all officers in training are sometimes human beings, but most of them don't get photographed while trespassing....

Jo of Palatine said:
#
Are we talking polo here or is it about his having the time to be a "private" even though he is an officer in training?
As I wanted to point out - ans so far noone contradicted me - polo may well be a sport whose tournaments are considered serious sport and to be supported by the military. Just think the olympics - noone would ask of an officer in training who is a serious competitor to miss the olympics just because he should be training for his military career...
I don't think anyone has any problem with what he does in his legitimate free time (weekends and most evenings), whether in private or not.

There are various polo teams within the army but, it is unusual and unlikely any ordinary Officer Cadet would be allowed extra time off to compete, whilst training, in something not affiliated to RMAS. Polo is played by many Officers and cadets and is considered 'serious' by those involved and indeed by RMAS but, not normally to the extent that a trainee can take time off to play when he wants. There are O.Cadet teams in all the sports but, they play as a team and there were no matches for any of the RMAS teams that I can find. That doesn't mean of course that there wern't any. If everyone took time off to compete in the various sports as individuals, RMAS would fall apart, can you imagine it, 'Oh I was away that day, so I don't know how to fire that particular weapon' or 'I was away that day, what do you mean when you say left, right, left'. :D :D

I am hoping that everyone had the day off, for whatever reason that we don't know about. :D

Last edited:
Thank you for the link, it seems a rehash from the daily mail article a while back, interesting that a video was made about it.

Ditto on the link...I have seen how tall Prince William is in pictures, but not in motion and boy he is very tall! :)

I'm so used to only seeing Kate in still pictures, it's weird seeing her in motion.

It may sound weird, William looks even taller in the video.

Skydragon
Is William going to play in Rundle Cup Army vs Royal Navy game or do the Sport Relief 1 mile run both?
The polo game is at 4:30 pm.

Last edited:
sara1981 said:

Thank you for the link, Sara! (if I may call you that?)
Sounds like both of Charle's boys have grown up to become fascinating and truly admirable characters. Its heartbreaking, really, that Di will never see how great her boys have turned out to be. And Kate seems like a really fun girl, very much a "go-with-the-flow" type of lady. I think the "Indian Princess" look is quite becoming for her, too;)!

the cowboy hat

now this is the secpnd hat that prince william looks good in, and i love the white gail kate is wearing.:cool:

Karla64,
I love these pictures. It is so funny to see British people dressed as American Cowboys. Kate looks amazing as usual. William looks more interesting than usual.

What teams were playing? What team was Prince William playing on? Which team won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom