The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Could join a Military Police unit once has finished at Sandhurst?
Do the Military Police in Britian use Motorcycles?
There are the army motorcycle display teams (Royal Signals - White Helmets, TA's Blue Arrows). The Military Police don't tend to use motorcycles.

Sara1981 is correct when she says we have ordinary police motorcyclists.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
It's good that he's wearing a helmet at least. I must say it's a sharp-looking bike!
He has to wear a helmet, it is the law in the UK. Honda do make some really nice looking bikes but having had both, I prefer BMW's!

Old 05-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Nobility

What about Harley's?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
The interview didn't go for long, it was just aired on channel 7 tonite in Sydney. i like to see a proper interview on how live has been without mom and their love lives and their career plans
But the point of this interview was to honour The Prince's Trust and the 30 years of work that Charles and the Trust have been doing, not to pry into the private lives of the younger princes.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What about Harley's?
NO, no, no. My friend had a Harley, it looked beautiful until after 6 months of British weather, the chrome began to rust. She wrote to Harley and they sent her a music cd and a letter saying 'It never rains in Southern California'!

It wouldn't do for William to be seen on a rusty bike or have to rely on dry days.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
William is ordered to put duty before his chukka
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/05/28/dp2801.xml#1
Giving the lie to persistent rumours that he is being given special treatment during his officer training at Sandhurst, Prince William has been told in no uncertain terms that he cannot play alongside his brother in today's Kuoni World Class Polo Cup.
"William asked if he could be given leave to play, but he's got to take part in exercises," Kenney Jones, the one-time rock drummer with the Small Faces and The Who who now hosts the trophy at Hurtwood Park, in Surrey, tells Mandrake.
I had not seen anything about Prince William wanting to do any Polo game all. How about any of you?

Has anyone heard of this polo match before? Skydragon, do you think Prince William did have exerises or what?
Old 05-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I had not seen anything about Prince William wanting to do any Polo game all. How about any of you?

Has anyone heard of this polo match before? Skydragon, do you think Prince William did have exercises or what?
They are normally told when exercises are to take place and I don't think William would have been silly enough (in view of the press coverage) to ask for special leave, when one was due.

Harry was given time off because he was competing in the Cartier World Cup and there were no exercises planned.

The Kuoni World Polo Cup is only in it's 4th year.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
They are normally told when exercises are to take place and I don't think William would have been silly enough (in view of the press coverage) to ask for special leave, when one was due.
I read on another website that the officials wouldn't give William special time off to play polo.:)
Old 05-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Nobility

He has done some Royal duties remember NZ , he also greeted the All Blacks when they came to Buckingham Place, FA game in Wales, and i think the Princes Trust 30th Anniversy was part his Royal Duties.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
I read on another website that the officials wouldn't give William special time off to play polo.:)
It is unlikely that William even asked for time off.

1. Cadets are told weeks in advance that an exercise is to take place, Harry went on his match because there was no major exercise, that involved his platoon, taking place. You can make up time on the firing range but, they can't lay on a special exercise for one man and the rest of his platoon. All the exercises have to be worked out, not just what they are doing but, a time slot that works for all the people involved (instructors, Officers and other platoons).

2. William is fully aware of the press waiting for him to be given any special favours and would not have chanced giving them another reason to 'gripe'.

3. At the moment he intends to be a full time officer, to do that he has to be seen to pass all his exams and excel in any exercise he is involved in.

It's like everything else regarding this young man, someone has to make a story out of it.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
William will, however, be aware that his 21-year-old brother was granted "exceptional leave" to take part in the Cartier Polo World Cup during his stint at Sandhurst last year.

William, when asked during his interview with Ant and Dec why his father had retired, said that he couldn't face the pressure of playing with his two sons.
Skydragon, do you really think that Harry recived "exceptional leave" to play at Cartier Polo World Cup last year? What would be granted "exceptional leave" for?
Old 05-30-2006, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Skydragon, do you really think that Harry recived "exceptional leave" to play at Cartier Polo World Cup last year? What would be granted "exceptional leave" for?
As I said in the post above, Harrys' polo match did not clash with a preplanned training exercise, where Harry's presence was essential, to his training.

Exceptional leave is normally granted for a serious and grave illness in the family (unexpected serious accident or expected death), major family crisis or funeral. In Harry or Williams case, it could of course be for a family commitment that the Queen or Prince Charles has requested the attendance of the boys. Although I have to say, it is not unheard of, :o for a senior office to grant leave to a player who is on the team he supports!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Big Brother star is royal cousin
Big Brother contestant George Askew, who walked off the show yesterday, has been revealed to be a cousin of Prince William and Prince Harry
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/31052006/36...al-cousin.html

Wasn't sure where to post it or whether it was worth posting at all but it's pretty funny. The guy was trying to play on his "Royal connections", imo
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Gentry

I think he looks a little like William (at least by that pic)
Old 05-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've just removed all the posts speculating on whether William and Kate are about to announce their engagement, whether anybody's talked to the Queen about it, how the Queen Mother would have felt about it, what Diana would have thought, what the nature of the relationship actually is, and goodness knows what else. None of which is relevant in a current-events forum, yet it amounted to something like a third of the thread so far.

The British Royals moderators are discussing whether to use those posts as the basis of a thread where this stuff can be discussed, mainly to get it out of the current-events threads, or to leave them deleted and discourage any further speculation beyond discussing whatever news articles (by which I don't mean tabloid fabrications) might say. In the meantime, any more posts on this endless and fruitless speculation will be deleted from the current-events threads.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 06-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Courtier

Prince William joins in Thai Team

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/20...01_270313.html
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Royal Approval for bidy-popping Crouch...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1892
Old 06-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Courtier

William carry the young boy... cute......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...00612247PM.jpg
Old 06-03-2006, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William plans golf with Ant and Dec

Prince William is planning to join Ant and Dec for a celebrity golf tournament.
The royal is reportedly considering competing with stars including Jodie Kidd, Ross Kemp and Alice Cooper on ITV1's All Star Cup.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds33737.html
Old 06-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Heir Apparent

The royal bruise brothers

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006250698,00.html

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william