Prince William Current Events 1: December 2002-December 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen is to wear an African fancy dress outfit for Prince William's 21st birthday party, The Sun can reveal.

Wills has told his guests to come to the bash dressed like Meryl Streep and Robert Redford in the film Out of Africa.

Now the Queen has agreed to break with royal protocal and don a costume. And last night senior aides revealed she happy to join in.

One said: "the Queen has a great sense of humor and always enters into the spirits of things.She will challenge her dressers to find an appropriate outfit for the party."

Other Senior Royals, including Prince Charles, Duke of York and Earl of Wessex, will also wear fancy dress.

A source said: "William was quite insistent that everyone should dress appropriately, even his grandmother. All the royals will be dressed as required. They don't want out of place on Will's big night."

Parts of Windsors Castle will be transformed into African Bush scenes next month when Wills hosts the party of the year.

His 225 guests have been sent a gilt-edged invitation showing a charging elephant. The dress code states simply: "Out of Africa."

Guests can also come as Tarzan or other characters associated with Africa.

In our picture, above, our artists have come up with a look which the Queen might like.

Alternatively, she can could go for a cotton dress or tweed hunting jacket. She could then wear one of her many pairs of jodpurs, which were fashionable in colonial Africa in the 1920's.

Plenty of William's friends from school and University will mingle with Royals at the bash.

Wills wanted to avoid a formal party to prevent the occasion being spoiled by stuffy relatives.

It is thought he chose the Africa theme after enjoying a three-month visit there during his gap year.

The choice also revealed his fun-loving streak- as he knew other Royals would HAVE to dress up to attend.

Reports from Sun Newspaper

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-20032...3240289,00.html

Sara Boyce

I see where the Spencers and Camilla have been invited to Will's Do. I just cringe everytime I see a picture of Charles and Camilla. It wouldn't be so bad if they met after Charles's marriage turned sour, but they planned the demise of that marriage before Charles and Diana were even married, from the start. Their unscrupulous behavior destroyed a sweet and innocent girl inside and now they have the unmitigated gall to show their faces in public.

What is that funny looking glint in their eyes? I shouldn't say since it might be too unseemly...................http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/05/26/princewilliam/

:flower:

I don't think William will have trouble getting around NYC. There are so many famous people who live here and are usually left alone. It's usually the "tourists" who try to "hunt" down people like Wills.

There are also friends of his late mother who live in Manhattan and the area.

Besides, ;) my neice Kayla is going to marry her "cousin' William. Prince Of Wales. I have been grooming her for YEARS! LOL..........

Diana and I have many common Spencer ancesters. My 15th great grandmother Dorothy Spencer Spencer was the sister of Diana's 12th great grandfather Sir William Spencer, Knight of Wormleighton and Althorp, Northants and his wife Susan Knightley. Dorothy Spencer's husband Thomas Spencer of Badby and Everdon was also a Spencer.
His parents were William Spencer, son of Thomas Spencer of Badby and Everdon and his wife Margaret Smith of Wold, and Agnes Heritage. The latter Thomas Spencer was the youngest brother of William Spencer of Rodburn, Warwicks and Elizabeth Empon whose son Sir John Spencer, Knight and his wife Isabel Gaunt were the parents of the previously mentioned Sir William Spencer, Knight of Wormleighton and Althorp and his wife Susan Knightley. Confused yet? :shock:

Anyway, I have dark hair normally but years ago I died it blonde on a bet and kept it that way for 10 years. People kept telling me I looked like Princess Diana, but at the time I didn't even know she and I shared the same family tree. I only found out 3 years ago while doing genealogy research. I think we have the same nose and eyes, though. Aw, genetics....it's a wonderful (and sometimes scary) thing.

I, on the other hand would prefer a Middle Eastern Prince. Although I am too old for them all (41). :(

I did get to see (from a distance) the now Abdullah II, King of Jordan over 20 years ago in Germany. I was married and I believe a little bit (can you be a little bit?) pregnant and we were on field maneuvers. (My then husband and I were both in the U.S. Army as Military Police Officers). I think it may have been during REFORGER since there were the British and French military there. Anyway, Abdullah was with the British Army and I was told he was a prince and I just thought "so what" (LOL) and didn't even talk to him. He was so cute though! :heart: He had the cutest baby face I remember! and looked very cute in his field gear. Alas, my husband was very jealous anyway so why take a chance. :innocent:

Now I am long since divorced and a revert to Islam. Too little too late. :cry:

Peace, Zara

i dont think SO ! , Zara that impossible for your niece to get married to the future King of England Prince William also 21 year old what old your niece ?

i am 22 year i going gets plans for marry like that ! same as Prince William maybe he will asked me i would be nice !

Sara Boyce

Harry told: Dump pal Pelly

Fall guy ... Pelly in nude at polo
Picture: XPOSURE

RELATED STORIES
Battle Royal: Wills v Harry

By PAUL THOMPSON
Royal Correspondent

ANGRY Prince Charles has ordered son Harry to dump boozy best mate Guy Pelly.

Charles is furious after The Sun revealed yesterday how Pelly shocked VIP guests by drunkenly stripping naked at a charity polo match.

He telephoned Harry, 18, and insisted he stop seeing Pelly — the lad accused of introducing the young Prince to drugs.

A Royal aide said last night: “Harry has been told he has to lose Pelly as a friend. His behaviour was totally unacceptable for someone who associates with the Prince.

Pelly ... one shoe, no
trews before rampage
“Charles understands Harry had nothing to do with what went on but Pelly is still his friend. He shouldn’t be in his circle any more.”

Pelly, 21, and another pal of Harry’s stripped after an all-day drinking binge at the Windsor polo match. They climbed on top of a marquee hosting a VIP party before sliding down and running off.

Harry had earlier been drinking with Pelly at the Royal Berkshire Polo Club, but was back at Eton before his mate ran wild.

The Prince took a break from A-level revision to attend the match and a pop concert featuring Emma Bunton and Girls Aloud at the Royal Berkshire Club.

Royal aides say Charles is particularly angry because Pelly misbehaved at a charity event in aid of The Prince’s Trust.

Harry ... dad was furious
One insider said: “Pelly is trouble and will only cause more problems for Harry.”

Farmer’s son Pelly hit the headlines 16 months ago when he was accused of being responsible for introducing Harry to drugs and under-age drinking.

But he remained firm friends with Harry and Wills and has often been a guest at Prince Charles’s Highgrove home and joined the Princes at England rugby matches.

Pelly is from a wealthy land-owning family and grew up on a £2million home in Kent. Dad John said last night: “It was harmless fun. Boys will be boys.”

Oi, you Harrible shower!

Sir, yes Sir ... Harry
barks out orders
Picture: PAUL EDWARDS
By PAUL THOMPSON

ATTENSHUN! Prince Harry barks out orders as he leads cadets during Eton College’s military tattoo last night.

Harry was commanding a 48-strong guard of honour which marched on to the college field.

Battle royal .. Prince takes part
in mock attack last night
Among 500 parents and friends watching the parade was Prince Charles and his guest — Harry’s former nanny Tiggy Legge Bourke.

Harry clutched a ceremonial sword as he accompanied Brigadier Jamie Balfour, director of Army Infantry, during an inspection of troops.

On parade ... Prince Harry last night
Officer cadet Harry achieved one of Eton’s highest military accolades by being appointed parade commander.

After the 20-minute parade he changed into combat fatigues to take part in a noisy mock battle.

On the march ... Harry at parade
Harry’s face was streaked with green and brown camouflage paint. He fired blanks from a rifle as he led a squad defending a mock castle specially built in the college grounds.

Im sorry i mess from Sun Newspaper so if you can make it ! show it them !

So that sad story why because his dad knew it because Prince Harry have drugs related from Pelly have it !

Prince Charles told Harry order to DUMP Pelly because of show pictures of nude of him ! like as stripper ! at Windsor Castle :censored:

Prince Harry told his dad explain for what happened other night like that but his dad understood what he told him !

Sara Boyce

William is keen to join father in Guards
By Michael Smith, Defence Correspondent
(Filed: 28/05/2003)

Prince William is about to join the Army's Officer Training Corps at his university in a clear indication that he wants to follow in his father's footsteps with a military career in the Guards.

He wanted to join the SAS, one officer said, but has been told very firmly that he cannot and is now expected to be commissioned into the Welsh Guards where his father is Colonel of the regiment.

The Arms Plot, the Army system which dictates where units serve, has been changed to ensure that the regiment is based at Wellington Barracks, close to Buckingham Palace, when the Prince would be ready to leave Sandhurst.

It had been due to move to Germany this year for three years, giving families and soldiers a rest from Northern Ireland operations and ceremonial duty at Windsor.

Instead planners axed the move and put the Welsh Guards on standby for another Northern Ireland tour, sending them to St Athans in south Wales where the Prince can visit them rather than travel to Germany.

He has already spent time with the Guards on Salisbury Plain and in the jungles of Belize, where he confided that he would like to take a short-term commission with the regiment. The men are said to like him a great deal.

A source within the Welsh Guards confirmed that plans were being made on the assumption that the Prince would be joining.

"We have been told to make preparations," the source said. "That doesn't mean it is written in stone, he may change his mind, but I expect he will come and spend a couple of years with us and then take on the role of Colonel that his father currently has.

"We have seen a lot of him in the past few years and without doubt he has a keen desire to join the SAS and, while his aides clearly ruled that out, he was delighted to learn that many SAS soldiers and officers are drawn from the Welsh Guards."

The Prince's desire for an Army career is not the only reason behind his decision to join the OTC at St Andrews, where he is in his second year. He has told friends that part of the attraction is that the university's unit, which meets on Wednesday evenings for training, holds more than 40 balls a year.

The OTC is a Territorial Army unit which grooms students for a career in the military, taking them on overseas trips and training them to fire the latest weapons.

But the incentive for many students is being paid for their time and the bars.

Writing on the OTC unit's "Sinner" website, one student said the opportunities offered by membership at St Andrews were "pretty staggering".

He added: "It is a non-profit bar and offers the best prices anywhere. Something like 50p for a G&T! Great! You also get paid £7 per evening for the pleasure of being there."

St James's Palace has refused to comment on the Prince's plans.

www.telegraph.co.uk

Sara I think Zara was kidding,and your not the only one would like to marry William.My cousin (she's 22 as well) would really like to be his wife as well.Besides I think it will be a few years before gets married. ;) :p

:lol: MY MY! LOL!

Calm Sara. I don't think William is in a hurry to walk down the aisle.

My niece is 15, 5'10, lanky and has long blonde hair and big green eyes. She looks like a model and looks over 18 but she is very sweet and grounded. She is an accomplished rider (horses) and very "sporty"....she just got back from Europe (Germany and The Netherlands) traveling for a week with a soccer team of 15-18 year old American girls from across the country and next year they go to the UK so hopefully she will get picked then, too.

Like I said, she is very grounded and she doesn't let the thought of William be the alpha and omega of her life. She has several interests that keep her busy and she is very well-rounded person which is what I think matters. ;)

smile smile

*****However, Kayla Elizabeth does love a good challenge! hahahahhahaha....

Peace, Zara

Prince William have serious girlfriends before ! he been dated Zara Simmonds i think so im not sure i hard think he been dated miss Anagrave then both broke-up because William rough day at Polo all summer !

Sara Boyce

Attachments

• X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 254
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 266
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 291
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 297
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 303
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 239
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 269
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 295
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 265
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 278
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 352
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 307
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 277
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 274
  • X00168_9.jpg
    X00168_9.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
I love that picture !

I wishes he would be golf ! because my family who is golf ! my uncle is pro golf also!

Sara Boyce

I really like this pictures, When i open the thread I was expecting he would be wearing a suit and posing in a formal way, so this is a good surprise :)

And the socks...well... :lol:

Thanks so much for these wonderful pictures of William Josefine.

I agree with you Teresa, I think it's lovely and great that William is not all formal and proper in a suit and tie. Even though his future role is great and significant, he is still only 21 at present and great to see photos that reflect his age and natural spirit.

wow, these pictures are really nice!!! he's such a cutie!

what? you don't like his socks, josefine?? I think they are great ... I laughed so hard when I saw this pic :D

are these the testino pics at all?
i've been reading a lot interviews and articles today but they never mentioned the name testino.
does it mean there are going to be even more birthday pics of wills ... after all theres going to be a another (longer) interview on his birthday.

i really doubt that these are the testino pics. i think these ones are nice but the ones of harrys birthday look a lot more beautiful.

what do u think?

I love how you can see the holes in his sweater! I think its great that these pics were so informal. Its a nice contrast between now and his father at 21. These photos definitely show the times and what Prince William is, a modern prince.

Prince of brides
Jun 1 2003

by Laura Kemp, Wales On Sunday
http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk

HE LOVES glamorous blondes, watches EastEnders and reads the tabloids for the sport.

Sounds like most young men in Britain. Except this one is the next Prince of Wales and is being groomed to be our King...

TOP Welsh royal author Brian Hoey says the future of the Monarchy rests on Prince William's choice of bride.

In his new book marking the young royal's 21st birthday this month, Hoey says he is "the star of the future; the one on whom the Royal family's hopes rest".

It's partly to do with his model good looks, it's also because he is an ordinary man with an extraordinary destiny.

But it's overwhelmingly because he is the new generation of Royals: he can bring the family up to date, smooth over the marriage break-ups of the past and confine the toe-sucking and Squidgeygate scandals to history.

So his choice of bride is considered crucial.

Hoey says William is acutely aware of the pressures he faces and how the future rests on his shoulders.

And he also realises he's the world's most eligible bachelor, making him a girl-magnet wherever he goes.

In his book 'Prince William', a fellow student at St Andrew's University - where William is in his second year - says: "William's shyness is just a cover. There's no real nervousness at all, it's all a carefully and discreetly cultivated mannerism to make people, girls especially, fall for him - and boy does it work."

Hoey says William likes to be seen with attractive girls and prefers slim, tall women.

But on the advice of his father, Prince Charles, he knows to look out for "predatory females" as "sexual aggression" is no longer confined to "eager young men".

"William is by no means reticent when it comes to girls, he loves to party and chat up the best-looking girls in the room and he knows he can have any of them by crooking his finger.

"He may not have marriage in mind and they are aware this would be highly improbable, but that doesn't stop any of them from enjoying flirting with the eventual heir to the throne," writes Hoey.

Another student told him: "We were all having a marvellous time at a party, dancing and drinking all over the place, I couldn't see Wills anywhere, then when I went into the kitchen, there he was surrounded by four or five gorgeous girls who were hanging on his every word.

"He was loving every minute of it and so were they. He knew the effect he was having, the girls couldn't get enough of him."

But Hoey says any girl who is considered for wife material will have to pass the most vigorous vetting procedure.

"The Queen has already let it be known that she regards the choice of wife for Prince William to be the utmost importance for the continuity of the Monarchy," Hoey says.

The Queen and Prince of Wales would like to see him settled before he's 30 otherwise the chances of finding a girl with an "unblemished past" - like his mother Diana, Princess of Wales - will get slimmer.

William argues he should be allowed to make his own choice, that family and country should have enough confidence in him to pick the right one.

But Hoey reveals Buckingham Palace keeps files on prospective young women. If one features too much in the gossip columns or is seen with unsuitable companions, she is struck off the list.

His name has been linked with a number of high society debutantes, but not one has figured permanently - although he was said to be delighted at the rumour he was dating Britney Spears!

Dating for William is not easy. He would love to take them out for a drink or dinner, to share his love of pasta, venison, salads and red wine. Instead, he is given 'safe houses' to date girls to keep him out of the limelight.

Wills-mania kicked off when he turned from a pubescent adolescent into a strapping young man.

Captain Norman Lloyd-Edwards, Lord Lieutenant of South Glamorgan and the Queen's representative in Wales, recalls an impromptu walkabout in Wales.

"It was like something out of the Beatles. Girls were screaming, it was deafening. They threw bunches of flowers at him and climbed over each other trying to touch him.

"He handled it brilliantly and secretly he didn't mind it at all.

"Prince Charles was delighted that William "worked the crowd" as well as his mother used to," he says.

And when it was announced he would be going to the Scottish university, applications from females leapt.

Ex-student Elizabeth Hadley, 22, from Preston, who lived in the same residence as William, told Hoey that girls get dressed up and hang about outside his lectures.

"One night in a popular student bar a girl, for a dare, pinched his bottom. He turned round and gave her a scathing look and she felt a real fool," she said.

Instead he associates with aristocratic students, the Yahs as they are known, who fiercely protect his privacy.

Another problem he faces is the permanent presence of his bodyguards.

At Eton, he was looked after by Sergeant Graham Cracker who lived in an adjoining room.

Hoey, who presented the first BBC Wales Today programme in 1962, writes: "They got on well but had disagreements usually because William wanted to go to a party and be left alone or because he had met a pretty girl and felt the presence of the policeman was ruining his chances."

And he reveals if William ordered his bodyguards to leave him "not one of them would obey him - it would be more than their careers' worth".

Security is a huge issue - Wills even has to take minders with him when he goes out for a bite to eat with his student pals.

Hoey, who is official biographer of the Princess Royal, says a police officer accompanies him to restaurants and eats at a separate table to keep watch.

William has to make sure he pays in cash too, because if he used his Coutts credit card, someone may sell his signature or even his number.

Despite all these pitfalls, Hoey says he is man enough to meet the challenge of being the next heir to the throne.

"William above all others of his contemporaries, knows exactly what his destiny is: he is going to be king."

Originally posted by Mariana@May 30th, 2003 - 5:17 am
bbc video link
Thanks for realplayer !

its neat pictures for me ! i also love with him ever !

Sara Boyce

i like him ! he cutest and handsome ! he would be mine !

Sara Boyce

From his latest interview, I think William is an ordinary guy in an extraordinary situation.

In some ways, I feel sorry for him. Not only about losing his mother (although that is such a tragic, tragic thing that words can't express it and I doubt I could do justice to it, so I'll leave it at that), but William is expected to be the savior of the monarchy. People want him to be King because in addition to his looks, we like the fact that we watched his scrub toliets and help others during his gap year. He seems to be a typical person, and people respect him for that.

But he doesn't really have a choice, does he? I mean, certainly he can walk away from it all, but is he ever going to be free from the media? Will the monarchy crumble after he leaves? (A lot of people question Harry's ability to rule :wacko:. Although someone once stated the problem with the Royal family is that there is a heir that doesn't want to be King [William] and his brother that is just dying be in charge of the ship... ). He's going to be scrutnized in whatever he does, his choice of wife, etc. Plus, there is this talk about him suceeding his father and having a father that's jealous of you and the attention you receive...well, that's never an easy thing to handle, is it?

To sum it all up, I think, given his suitation, he's pretty remarkable...lookwise, intelligence- wise, etc. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom