The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

yes that true

Prince William wants be intived his friends from St. Andrews where he school and i think he will intived his friends from Eton i think so he wanted like as pals not as family make his grandmother disappointment when he been celebration at Golden Jubliee last year he wanted privated party with his friends that my respect with him like that.

Sara Boyce

Old 05-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981@May 1st, 2003 - 9:58 pm
yes that true

Prince William wants be intived his friends from St. Andrews where he school and i think he will intived his friends from Eton i think so he wanted like as pals not as family make his grandmother disappointment when he been celebration at Golden Jubliee last year he wanted privated party with his friends that my respect with him like that.

Sara Boyce
Huh? I am sorry, but I have no clue what you are trying to say. I really want to know what you are saying, because I think it could be very interseting. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2003, 01:26 AM
Heir Apparent

i got article from Prince William and her friends Kate who is Model that very close you dont believe it ? he and Kate walk on stroller then later Kate close to the William's arms i don't believe about that you read it them !

http://www.the-sun.co.uk/article/0,,2003201469,00.html

i knew it of Kate she will be Wills's Queens of hearts but DON'T think so they will stealing by his mother's Queens of hearts i dont believe it !

im honest it ! and im not lied

Sara Boyce
Old 05-04-2003, 06:39 AM
Majesty

WILLS: MY AMERICAN DREAM
May 4 2003
By Colin Wills And Susie Boniface
article from www.sundaymirror.co.uk

PRINCE William has told courtiers planning for his future that he would prefer to spend a few years living in the States after he finishes his degree.

He says he would enjoy a "free and easier" lifestyle there away from the Royal spotlight in Britain.

Such a move was described as unprecedented by constitutional experts last night.

A courtier said: "William is determined to maintain a degree of anonymity and feels America offers him the best chance of that.

"At the moment it is under discussion, with New York as the option he prefers. It would be to work in a gallery, auction house or even to take a post-graduate degree. Various options are being discussed. It would be for a year or perhaps two.

"Despite some security concerns, it is likely the move really will happen because William usually gets what he wants.

"He has loved the peace and freedom that St Andrews University has brought him away from the London spotlight. Like his mother, he wants his independence - and is convinced the States will offer that to him."

Traditionally, the royal princes join the armed forces immediately after leaving school or university. Prince Harry has already said he wants to join the Army.

But William is determined to put the knowledge he has picked studying History of Art and Geography at St Andrews to use in the civilian world for a couple of years before considering that option.

During discussions with Prince Charles and aides at St James's Palace, William is said to have been "forthright" in his determination to go to America.

He is likely to either take a post-graduate degree at an American college or a job with an auction house.

Princess Diana loved the States so much at one time she even talked of moving there - and her constant praise of the country while William was growing up had a profound influence.

William, who is 21 next month and will finish his St Andrews course in the summer of 2005, is also said to have been influenced by chats with one of his cousins, Lady Gabriella Windsor.

Gabriella, daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, is already studying in America, at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island - and is said to love the lifestyle there.

But William's main reason for wanting to go to America is that he feels he stands more of a chance of preserving his anonymity there.

Only yesterday he faced fresh intrusion when one of his flatmates, fellow St Andrews student Kate Middleton, 20, was reported to be his current girlfriend.

The claim was quickly denied by her parents. "I spoke to Kate just a few days ago and can categorically confirm they are no more than just good friends," said her father, company director Michael Middleton, at the family's £500,000 mansion near Newbury, Berks.

"People do not seem to realise that there are two girls and two boys sharing the flat at the university. They are together all the time because they're the best of pals - and yes, cameramen are going to get photos of them together.

"But there is nothing more to it than that. We are very amused at the thought of being in-laws to Prince William, but I don't think it is going to happen."

Like Wills, Kate is in her second year at St Andrews, and can often be found drinking with him at the Ma Bells pub in the town. They enjoy plenty of time together sharing a £400-a-week Georgian flat with two fellow students - a girl and boy.

The most recent rumour of a relationship between Kate and William was fuelled by friends after they were seen "looking cosy" together at a rugby tournament at St Andrews.

Mr Middleton, 54, who runs a mail order business selling children's party toys, said: "They are just good friends who enjoy each other's company. People are always going to try to make more of an issue out of it. We are very amused by it all.

"I spoke with Kate just a few days ago and if there was anything going on, she would have told us."

According to royal biographer Ingrid Seward in her new book William And Harry, William is self-mocking about the power his position supposedly gives him over women.

His favourite chat-up line is "Hi, I'm the future king, wanna pull?". This is often said in a flat tone, loaded with irony.

He has had several casual girlfriends, some of whom have been invited to spend weekends at the Balmoral royal estate in Scotland.

He is also getting on better with his younger brother, especially after Harry gained a reputation as a bit of a drinker and party-goer. William was secretly delighted at this streak of rebellion.

He does like possessions, the favourite of which is a handmade shotgun given to him by Charles and costing £20,000. Other presents given to him by his father include a VW Golf car and a black silk top hat costing £1,200. Temperamentally he is a cross between his laid-back dad and his fiery grandfather, Prince Philip. He is generally courteous to servants - a trait drummed into him by Diana - but can easily fly off the handle and has a fluent command of four-letter words.

Anyone who crosses him needs a good set of earplugs.

His obsession with privacy has now grown to the extent that it dominates every aspect of his life. At St Andrews, where he begins each day with 11 minutes of vigorous physical exercise in his room, he leads a Spartan existence, keeping himself very much to himself.

And, according to Ms Seward, he shows all the signs of being tired with his royal role already. She says one of his most vivid childhood memories is of Diana voting 250 times in a TV phone-in poll for the abolition of the monarchy. And when the show asked whether William should take the throne instead of Charles, it was William's turn to pick up the phone - he dialled the "No" number again and again.

When he reaches 21 in six weeks time, he will be able to draw on a £2million trust fund set up for him by the Queen Mother. Through astute investment, this has now turned into £3million. Then at 25 William will get another £22 million trust.

He has been dreading the explosion of publicity and celebration that is bound to happen on June 21, the date of his coming-of-age.

Originally there were plans for a huge open-air rock concert at Windsor Castle, mirroring the Queen's Jubilee Concert last year which starred Atomic Kitten and Ozzy Osbourne.

Instead, the big day will be marked with the very minimum of fuss. There will be a formal celebration at Windsor Castle - a stuffy affair with the great and good and foreign royalty. The only time William is likely to let his hair down is at a private bash for his mates at Highgrove, where he hopes to get one of his favourite bands along. He has reluctantly agreed to do a few interviews on his life at St Andrews because he feels it is expected of him. He will also carry out a few public engagements around the time of his birthday. Last night constitutional experts said the idea of a future king moving to live or study abroad was startling.

Royal biographer Professor Ben Pimlott said: "It is usually the traditional fate of all male heirs to go straight into the armed forces and spend some time there.

"All the Queen's sons did that, not very successfully in Prince Edward's case. Until recently royals didn't even go to university and William would certainly be the first to study as a post-graduate.

"To go abroad in his position would be unprecedented."
Old 05-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Majesty

Would he be left alone in in the USA?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Majesty

PINK'S WILLIAM
Prince wants pop favourites at his 21st bash

By Suzanne Kerins And David Rowe
Apr 20 2003
article from www.sundaymirror.co.uk

PRINCE William is hoping that tattooed wild child Pink will really get his 21st birthday started.

The Prince is a big fan of the 23-year-old American singer and has put her on a wish list of artists he wants to appear at his party in June.

He will be having a formal coming-of- age do at Windsor Castle on the actual day of his birthday - June 21. But it's his unofficial bash, which is likely to take place at Highgrove, where he plans to let his hair down by holding a private pop concert.

Chart-toppers Pink, Coldplay and Shania Twain are the acts he has set his heart on.

An insider said: "Prince William is very happy with the Windsor Castle event, but he also wants a party that won't be as formal where he can let his hair down with his friends.

"He feels that a party with big bands performing will be much more enjoyable for his group of young friends.

"He knows it's going to be difficult to get Coldplay as they will be touring overseas, but he's made it clear he would like them there. It's also the same with Pink, who is busy recording an album at the moment.

"Everything is in the very early stages."

Ozzy Osbourne, Emma Bunton and Britney Spears are also acts the Prince has expressed an interest in helping him to celebrate.

The Royal Family, who regard 21 rather than 18 as the official coming of age, are pulling out all the stops to make sure the Windsor Castle party is a great success.

But it will be the unofficial party at Highgrove, the private residence of Prince Charles since 1980, where William will be able to invite his close pals. A lot of them will include friends from St Andrew's, where he is studying history of art and anthropology.

Among those likely to be invited is the Prince's flatmate Kate Middleton, who famously wore a transparent lace dress during a university catwalk appearance, and the Hon Virginia Fraser, daughter of Lloyds underwriter Lord Strathalmond. Both girls were among the guests at a shooting party hosted by the Prince at Sandringham last year.

The contract for the official celebrations has been awarded to Michael Fawcett, the Prince of Wales's former aide who resigned recently over the "gifts for sale" scandal.

WILLIAMS' PARTY WISH LIST

Shania Twain

Coldplay

Pink

Ozzy Osbourne

Emma Bunton

Britney Spears

Atomic Kitten

Mis-Teeq

Will Young

HIS OFFICIAL PARTY LINE-UP

The Queen

Philip

Harry

Anne

Andrew

Beatrice

Eugenie

King Constantine

Zara Phillips

Peter Phillips
Old 05-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Majesty

here is some pictures from the article
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2003, 06:47 AM
Majesty

here is the article from the sun
By EMILY SIMPSON

DEEP in conversation with a beautiful brunette, Prince William seemed oblivious to the drama of the rugby game being played in front of him.

He had eyes only for the girl beside him — his flatmate and increasingly regular companion Kate Middleton.

Walking together down the local high street, the story was the same. The pair seemed relaxed, happy and absorbed in a world of their own.

Both scenes were played out in the sunshine of a Scottish spring day.

And they have left many wondering whether pretty 20-year-old Kate has really become the queen of Wills’s heart. Kate, a fellow student at St Andrews University, cheered enthusiastically as Wills played in the rugby sevens tournament.

And when he was not playing, the pair were lost in deep conversation on the sidelines, either lying side-by-side or standing close together.

One on-looker said: “Their body language was very revealing. They looked very close.

“They seemed very intimate and I have no doubt they were together.”

After the rugby, Wills and his team-mates headed to the bar for an after-match booze-up.

One drinker told how Wills had a great time — and bought 40 shots for pals before he began looking queasy. A dozen teams took part in the rugger tournament, sponsored by The Gin House pub.

Wills’s side, from a pub called the Westport Bar, were runners up, taking home three crates of lager.

But despite the prince’s love of rugger, Kate seems to occupy an important place in his life.

Wills has been linked to many beautiful young women, including businessman’s daughter Emilia d’Erlanger, who joined him on a cruise, and Arabella Musgrave, who is well-known on the polo circuit.

But many reckon his relationship with Kate has moved on to a different level.

It’s not hard to see why she might have caught his eye.

Last April she strutted down the catwalk at a charity fashion show wearing just a transparent lace outfit over her underwear — and Wills was in the audience.

The pair first met as fellow students on the History of Art course.

And they kept bumping into each other as they lived in the same hall of residence.

Once they got friendly, the pair had plenty to talk about.

Like Wills, Kate has spent time enjoying the wonders of Chile.

The couple are the same age, 20, and both attended exclusive public schools, Wills going to Eton and Kate to £15,000-a-year Marlborough College in Wiltshire.

They also share a love of sport. At school, Kate was captain of the tennis team, a member of the hockey and netball teams, and a keen cross-country runner.

William, meanwhile, adores rugby, soccer and polo.

Like Wills, Kate is also an eldest child, having a sister, Pippa, 19, and a brother, James, 16.

And despite their privileged backgrounds, both are also prepared to muck in.

Wills cycles to university, shops at Safeway and cooks for his flatmates. And Kate has been happy to take work as a barmaid, serving Pimms for a posh catering firm.

Owner Rory Laing praised her as a superb worker. He said: “I pay her only £5.25 an hour. But she’s pretty, so she takes plenty in tips.”

During her leisure time, Kate is often found on the other side of the bar, drinking at popular Ma Bells pub with Wills.

Like him, she was seen as shy in her younger days. But both have now come out of their shells.

Kate even helped to found St Andrews’ first women-only club — to rival an elite university society that admits only men.

A pal said: “She is very bubbly and gets involved in lots of activities.

“But she’s also very discreet about William.”

Despite all they have in common, the pair come from different backgrounds.

Kate was brought up in a prosperous middle class home.

Her parents Carole, 48, and Michael, 54, run a mail-order children’s party toys business and live comfortably in the Berkshire village of Bucklebury.

Wills and Kate get to enjoy plenty of time in private, as they share a £400-a-week Georgian flat along with two male chums.

Kate was also among a group of friends who joined Wills at Wood Farm near Sandringham at the end of last year.

Fellow students have suggested Kate already has a boyfriend but he has never materialised and could be a smokescreen to deflect attention from her royal connection.

As well as forming a close new friendship at St Andrews, Wills has also shaken off his shy reputation and begun to revel in the party-packed fun of student life.

When he arrived at university, Wills was seen as a quiet and dutiful prince, while young brother Harry was the rebel. Wills was on his best behaviour during his first days as a student and pointedly shunned the normal drunken debauchery of freshers’ week.

He became a bit of an outsider and at one point even considered quitting the course because he was lonely.

But the last year has seen Wills immerse himself in the joys of partying.

In the small town of St Andrews he is often found drinking and chatting happily with pals in his favourite haunts — Ma Bells or The Gin House.

And in London he is a regular at the K Bar in Soho and Jak’s in Lower Sloane Street.Last summer the newly- confident Wills even cavorted naked in a river with pals.

One-time rebel Harry, meanwhile, has shed the reputation he gained for underage drinking and smoking cannabis.

The prince, 18, has been chosen to be parade commander of Eton’s Combined Cadet Force.

It is an important honour and is likely to be followed by a spell in the Forces.

And he is also showing great talent on the polo field and could even take part in the 2004 World Cup in France.

A royal insider quipped: “There are more concerns about William than Harry these days.”
Old 05-04-2003, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

i remind when Princess Diana been visit USA for funds raised charity she mostly visited New York and Chicago only then she visit New York for Dress Auction. I think so Prince William will lived in USA he will be alone like that he wanted be indepdent maybe lived in New York or Chicago but both Chicago and New York not safe for Prince William because have crime there if he have choose them !

I would want meet Prince William when he lived USA i wishes it.

Sara Boyce
Old 05-04-2003, 12:51 PM
bouga

:woot: wow!!! how can i be on the guess list??lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1c09ce11.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	5250  
Old 05-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree Josefine: Would William be really left alone in the United States? Americans are most familiar with the British and Monaco royals. William would hardly be anonymous in New York. Not as Infanta Elena of Spain and her family have been, anyway.

And as I see it, it is William's way of escaping the inevitable. He has to start facing up to his responsibilities and future role some time. Prolonging it more and more isn't going to help him I think. Not that I think he should be thrown head first into public and royal life full of duties. But he has to start some time and the press have been pretty accomodating for the past 4 years while William has been away at St. Andrews. And now he wants several more years in New York or Chicago? The press aren't going to be nice to him for very much longer.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Majesty

Princess Madeleine of Sweden has more and more duties as a princess and duchess, and she is third in line to the Swedish throne
She is in training to help out her sister later, she will be a support to Victoria, and William has not yet started his "King school"…
(Victorias education has been called Queen school)
They are just a few weeks apart in age..
The longer he waits to be come more familiar in is role the harder it will be..

I don't think he can have a low profile in the US, look at all the famous people that has paparazzi after them..
The US magazines would follow him around and just wait to see if he is dating or just walk together with an American girl,
She will be called an American princess, be compared to princess Grace and his mother Diana, Princess of Wales…
Old 05-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I read the news about the Prince William he will lived USA after St. Andrews in 2005 he not wanted get from spotlight like media as his mother do ! he wanted away from spotlight its sad news the royals wanted down Prince William.

here websites is

http://www.itv.com/news/280185.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/0...oyal/index.html

i will more add news soon

Sara Boyce
Old 05-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Gentry

These are the stamps for Prince William's 21st birthday.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAIBOD41.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	850   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAOLMHVW.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	851   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA8HM70H.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	852   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAUVUZIH.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	853  

Name:	CASHQ301.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	854  
You have your life, I have my life, you do your thing, I do my thing, I understand that you were not put on this earth to please me, just as I am not here to please you, but if we should meet, it would be a beautiful thing.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Majesty

5 MAY 2003
article from www.hellomagazine.com

Fast approaching his landmark 21st birthday on June 21, Prince William has startled royal watchers by revealing he would like to spend some time in the States when he finishes college. Britain's future king will complete his fine arts degree at St Andrews University in Scotland in two years' time.

A weekend newspaper report said that William has told courtiers he would like to do a post-graduate course in New York, or perhaps work in an art gallery or auction house for a year or two. He apparently hopes for a "free and easier" lifestyle away from the full glare of public interest, and believes he could find it in America.

A royal source stresses that the option is merely "under discussion" at the moment, but even so, the report has caused ripples because the tradition is for royal males to spend time in the armed forces before taking up their public duties. "To go abroad in his position would be unprecedented," said one expert.

William, however, has always been reluctant to face his future as king, despite his popularity. He rigidly avoids the limelight and has set his face against public celebrations for his upcoming birthday, insisting instead that he wants to mark the occasion by having a few drinks and dancing the night away with friends in London.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Aristocracy

PRINCE OF THE CITY

By BILL HOFFMANN
----------------------------------------------------------------------

May 5, 2003 -- Better sit down for this one, all you single girls -
Prince William may be headed for New York.
The hunky blonde royal, considered one of the world's most eligible
bachelors, is said to be eyeing the Big Apple as his new home after
he graduates from college.

William, 20, has reportedly told his dad, Prince Charles, that he
wants to spend "a few years" living in the United States, where he
could enjoy a "free and easier" life away from the prying eyes of
British media.

"He is determined to maintain a degree of anonymity and feels America
offers him the best chance of that," one royal source told Britain's
Sunday Mirror.

"At the moment, it is under discussion, with New York as the option
he prefers."

The source added that William might work in an art gallery or auction
house, or possibly go for a post-graduate degree.

"Like his mother [Princess Diana], he wants his independence, and is
convinced the States will offer that to him."

If Wills settles in Manhattan, it would be a major departure from
what other young heirs to the throne have done.

Traditionally, royal princes join the military immediately after
leaving school, and Wills' kid brother Prince Harry has already said
he wants to join the Army.

But William apparently wants to put his years at St. Andrew's
University, where he's studying art and geography and will graduate
in 2005 - to use in the civilian world before considering an official
role in the royal family.

When he reaches 21 in six weeks time, the prince will be able to draw
on a $3 million trust fund. At the age of 25, he'll get another $35
million trust.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

you have websites ?

for Prince William's 21st birthday stamps ?

Sara Boyce
Old 05-08-2003, 03:37 AM
Gentry

Hey Sara1981,

I don't have any website for you to go online and buy the stamps.I got the pictures from allover press.
You have your life, I have my life, you do your thing, I do my thing, I understand that you were not put on this earth to please me, just as I am not here to please you, but if we should meet, it would be a beautiful thing.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:20 AM
Gentry

This was sent to me by The Royal_Fanatsy Yahoo group.

Could Prince William and his flatmate Kate Middleton be
romatically involved?

Louisa Pearson

It appears that rumours of the demise of the fairytale princess have
been greatly exaggerated. This weekend, the Sun ran an article with the
headline, "Is This William’s Queen of Hearts?" This exclusive speculated
that Prince William "only had eyes for the girl beside him", his
flatmate Kate Middleton. Despite the agreement forged between St James’s
Palace, the Press Complaints Commission and newspapers not to pursue the
prince while he was at university, it seemed inevitable that sooner or
later these stories would start to appear. But the really low blow is
that Wills’s potential Miss Right should be presented as a replacement for
Diana, a woman whose own fairytale romance went badly awry.

The idea that Prince William and Kate Middleton are romantically
involved seems based on superficial evidence. As flatmates and second-year
students at St Andrews University, the pair are often seen together.
Their attendance at a recent rugby tournament prompted an unnamed source to
comment: "Their body language was very revealing. They looked very
close." In contrast, the father of Miss Middleton commented: "People do not
seem to realise that there are two girls and two boys sharing the flat
at the university. They are together all the time because they’re the
best of pals - and yes, cameramen are going to get photos of them
together. But there is nothing more to it than that. We are very amused at
the thought of being in-laws to Prince William, but I don’t think it is
going to happen."

It’s clear the couple have much in common. Both are aged 20 and
attended exclusive public schools; they share a love of sport and met while
studying History of Art. But the Middleton family business, running a
mail-order children’s party toys company, leaves them somewhat removed
from the House of Windsor.

Kate Middleton is not the first girl to be linked to Prince William.
Unlike his father, William has been allowed to choose his own girlfriends
without the palace using the power of veto. At St Andrews he has also
been linked to a fellow student, Bryony Daniels, the daughter of a
wealthy landowner. The response from Daniels’s family to these rumours was
dismissive, her mother saying: "They naturally see a fair amount of each
other because they are studying the same things." Casual romances have
been reported with businessman’s daughter Emilia d’Erlanger, who joined
William on a cruise, and he has enjoyed the company of Arabella
Musgrave, a stalwart of the polo circuit set. Tongues wagged when six girls
were among the party of student friends the prince invited to Wood Farm,
near Sandringham, for the weekend.

No-one could dispute that the heir to the throne would be quite a
catch. He has inherited his mother’s good looks, and when he reaches 21 this
summer he will be able to draw on a £2 million trust fund set up for
him by the Queen Mother. At 25, he will get another £22 million trust. It
is easy to visualise the kiss’n’tell dollies hanging out in the bars of
St Andrews, hoping to snare themselves a prince.

But, a few natural lapses notwithstanding, William has been a picture
of restraint during his time as a student, enjoying a few drinks in Ma
Bells and the Gin House in St Andrews and being a regular at K Bar in
Soho and Jak’s in Lower Sloane Street in London. In Cotswold pubs and
restaurants he mixes with the polo set where there’s no shortage of pretty
girls vying for his attention.

Parallels could be drawn with the summer of 1971, when a young Prince
Charles was pictured chatting on the polo field with Camilla Shand. But
for today’s young Royals, the rules of dating have changed. When Diana
was first courted by Prince Charles, she was required to call him Sir,
right up until their engagement. Prior to his relationship with Diana,
Prince Charles played the field in full view of the press and the
public eye.

An oft-quoted memorandum from Charles’s great uncle, Earl Mountbatten,
written in 1974 said: "I believe in a case like yours that a man should
sow his wild oats and have as many affairs as possible before settling
down. But, for a wife, he should chose a suitable and sweet-hearted
girl before she meets anyone else she might fall for." Mountbatten told
Time magazine that Charles was always "popping in and out of bed with
girls". Before his hunt for a suitable wife began, the Prince of Wales was
romantically linked to a string of well-connected women, including Lady
Jane Wellesley, Davina Sheffield, Sarah Spencer and Anna Wallace. Some
were seen as "suitable"; others, such as Buddhist Zoe Sallis, were not.
Charles’s courtship with Diana Spencer was played out in the media
almost like an informal interview, guaging her suitability for a place in
the monarchy. The nation watched every stage unfold as if it was a soap
opera. Diana passed the initial test, but in the end turned out to be
unsuitable, like so many other royal matches.

Edward VIII started the trend for falling in love with the wrong sort
of girl when he married American divorcee Wallis Simpson. In recent
decades Prince Andrew followed suit, first by falling for American Koo
Stark, an actress who drew immediate comparisons to Simpson. Stark
described it as "a relationship between two young people that was not
dissimilar to any other love affair", but it soon turned to scandal after
revelations that the actress had once starred in an erotic film.

Making Sarah Ferguson his wife was equally unsuccessful for Prince
Andrew, as the lively redhead found it difficult to settle into the routine
of royal life. Princess Diana soon emerged as another woman who found
the demands of protocol and etiquette too much. Harold Brookes-Baker,
publishing director of Burke’s Peerage, has said: "In any group you have
to conform to the group rules and if you don’t then you don’t stay in
that network for very long. In general, the aristocracy are not as open
as other sections of society; they also tend to abide by a different
set of rules, which if you are not from that section of society can be
terribly divisive." For Diana and Sarah, the fairytale implications of
marrying a prince turned out to be strictly fiction.

Today, the young Royals seem to be treading cautiously before
committing themselves to marriage. Princess Anne’s children, at her insistence,
do not have titles but they still rank high in social circles. Peter
Phillips lived with American heiress Elizabeth Iorio for eight months and
more recently had a four-month romance with air stewardess Tara Swain.
His sister Zara and her live-in boyfriend, National Hunt jockey Richard
Johnson, invited Hello! magazine to photograph their Cotswold home.
Although the Phillips siblings are not subject to the same scrutiny as
Prince William, the approach to their love lives seems unconstrained by
protocol or parental pressure - the idea of "living in sin" would have
been unthinkable a generation earlier.

As the world’s most eligible bachelor, Prince William will have to find
a method of dealing with the inevitible media scrutiny. According to
royal biographer Ingrid Seward in her book, William and Harry, William’s
favourite chat-up line is: "Hi, I’m the future king, wanna pull?" He
might give it an ironic inflection, but with public confessions of
admiration from students and even pop princess Britney Spears, it’s an
invitation plenty of eligible young ladies would jump at.

Having enjoyed a degree of privacy as a student at St Andrews, perhaps
it’s not such a surprise that William has announced his intention to
spend a few years living in the United States after he finishes his
degree. Work in a gallery or auction house, and the possibility of a
post-graduate degree, have apparently been discussed. Says a courtier:
"William is determined to maintain a degree of anonymity and feels America
offers him the best chance of that." This would be an unprecedented move.
But William seems determined to forge his own path - he rarely
undertakes royal duties and signs his cheques "William Wales".

The chance of a relationship surviving seems to decrease in proportion
to the amount of time a person spends in the public eye. At the age of
20, William still has plenty of time to find the girl of his dreams,
but it’s no surprise that he craves anonymity and independence. Having
seen every detail of his parents’ relationship photographed, analysed and
commented on, it seems clear that when he does embark on a serious
relationship, Prince William will strive to keep it under wraps.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:26 AM
bouga

Shocked ... William

EXCLUSIVEWills' fury at paparazzi pic

By PAUL THOMPSON

PRINCE William is “furious” after learning that a photo used on a stamp commemorating his 21st birthday was taken by one of Princess Diana’s paparazzi tormentors.
Friends say he is shocked the Royal Mail made such a blunder.
A photograph by Brendan Beirne has been reproduced on a 28p stamp to be issued next month.
It is one of four commemorating William’s 21st birthday.
A St James’s Palace spokesman said last night: ”It is very unfortunate this has happened.”
The colour snap taken by award-winning Beirne shows William arriving for his first day of term at St Andrew’s University in Scotland.
Beirne, 45, was at the event for international picture agency Corbis.
But he is best known as one of the paparazzi who trailed Princess Diana around London in the 1990s.
The Princess even went as far as to accuse Beirne of “harassment” after he was involved in an ugly street scuffle with her in the months before her death.
A Palace aide said: “The Royal Mail should have made detailed checks. They must know how sensitive an issue photos are with William.
“He will be very unhappy but there is nothing we can do.”

it's from the sun. poor william... :(
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william